• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Chicago Blackhawks at Philadelphia Flyers 3/18/14 | 7:30pm

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out the link that Frizzle provided awaz unless you have the game recorded. The goal by Giroux was just flat-out killer.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about starting out slow then getting a monkey off your back! After they calmed down they played great...skies the limit boys.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another great game, they just ripped the hearts out if the Hawks and played them tough the whole way. I still find it very disconcerning that we were yet again on the wrong side of a horrible "no goal" call and that it was un-reviewable. That's the third Time in the past 5 games, if this doesn't tell the league the have major officiating problems and need to get their shit together I don't know what will. However I decided that since the Flyers were screwed that in my mind they won both those games and are riding an 8 game win streak against some rather good competition. Following my thinking we've won those games scoring 31 goals while giving up 19 for a positive differential of 12, that's pretty impressive. Oh and we should have 83 pts in the standing instead of 79 (but the refs decided to be incompetent and screw us). I'm only mentioning all this because honestly the Flyers are one of the hottest teams in the league right now and I believe they picked a perfect time to hit their stride.

Also I thought all 4 lines played well tonight and was very impressed with the team defense and the fact they never gave up on a play. Emery played great as well. I'm extremely happy with AMac and L Schenn they make a frat pairing and compliment each other extremely well & G is a beast but everyone knows that already.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out the link that Frizzle provided awaz unless you have the game recorded. The goal by Giroux was just flat-out killer.

ya, i watched the highlights on gamecenter.. he's a machine once someone pokes him a stick. giroux = grizzly bear.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The ending reminded me of 2010 when the Flyers scored with seconds left to beat the Hawks at home too. I believe it was Pronger too at the net. What a fucking shot by G, and I kept on hearing he had never scored against the Hawks during the game, well his ot winner in game 3 of the cup final doesn't count??? One more team to score against and thats St Louis, hopefully he breaks that duck, he has 2 chances this year. Lets Go Flyers!!!!!!!!!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the shots that hit the post wouldve went for both teams this wouldve been an old fashion shootout and we still would've won handily.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before all leagues need to let replay be able to review everything restrictions don't help the refs get the call right....very frustrating for everyone. Happens all the time in the NFL too...

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out defenseman and our team defense was on the money last night.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Bill Meltzer. I agree 100%, and it's why we as fans get so frustrated with this team sometimes - they don't always show up to play. But, when they do, they can hang with any team in the league:

"Something else that was extremely impressive about last night's win and should not be overlooked: the Flyers' skating and puck-movement.

People who say over and over again that the Flyers are a slow team should watch last night's game. Chicago is arguably the fastest team in the NHL, but the Flyers were able to keep up with them.

Why? It's because the Flyers kept their feet moving. They controlled the gaps between the forwards and defensemen. They got numbers on the Hawks on many occasions and, when they couldn't, kept one-on-one situations manageable. The puck management was good after some shaky early play. The backchecking support was consistent and the forechecking pressure was outstanding. All because the Flyers skated, skated and skated some more.

When the Flyers do that, lack of speed is not an issue. That they could do it and outshoot Chicago by a 37-25 margin with long segments of territorial control in the first and third periods shows that the Flyers needn't be outskated by any team in the league so long as the teamwide commitment to two-way hockey is in place."

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ending reminded me of 2010 when the Flyers scored with seconds left to beat the Hawks at home too. I believe it was Pronger too at the net. What a fucking shot by G, and I kept on hearing he had never scored against the Hawks during the game, well his ot winner in game 3 of the cup final doesn't count??? One more team to score against and thats St Louis, hopefully he breaks that duck, he has 2 chances this year. Lets Go Flyers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually...you're right. I was in attendance that night and the thought hadn't even crossed my mind...lol That's right along the lines of when they stated in a fairly recent game that G has never scored a hat trick. I guess the 3 goal, 3 assist game against Pittsburgh in the playoffs doesn't count. Lots of bullshit there.

And odds are he probably will score against St. Louis with two games left.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the most complete games I have seen them play in a long time, they are hitting on all cylinders now and have taken it to some to the leagues top teams, maybe it was the Olympic snub to G or the whitewashing the sharks gave em after the Olympics but something awakened the sleeping beast and its a pleasure to watch!