• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chancellor: Saban "Best Investment"

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And another thread derailed by john.

By page 10 it's going to be about racism.

Same shit over and over.

sorry but the dumb gumps give me so much ammo to work with......
:lol:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you dont get the point im making is that this really isnt something to brag about. a good school doesnt need to depend on a football program to keep the academic side of its school strong.

^^^^^
thats what you are missing.

The academic side was fine and not hurting as it was running. You dont get that the school has unprecedented growth and is moving up the ranks in many categories. Sadly all you see is what we have all come to know of you, bigoted thoughts about trailer trash and racists and you cannot stand when that school gets good press and this was good press and shows that in times of strife and the country falling apart, one man has a process that has caught fire at a University and energized that University to achieve lofty goals and grow in the face of a state that has a poor economy. sounds like a pretty good thing to me, but i am just some dumb ole redneck who doesnt have to work to pay his bills anymore.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah im sorry.....that concept is so foreign to gumps that they just dont get it when you explain it to them.

michigan with their nearly 9 bill endowment. how big of a fuck do you think they give for their football revenue

Maybe that Legacy will get you a scholarship so you can become a member of a school you are but a Bandwagon fan of.:L

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep it up, you are giving me plenty of ammo for my goals.

I wish you would hurry with that goal, babysitting gets old when you're not getting paid for it.:lol:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
college athletics are not run with the same mentality as a business. at the end of the day their first & primary goal is about promoting the name brand of the school.

if they were about making a profit as you claim we would see every athletic program play football & basketball then drop every sport they could while still complying with ncaa & title 9 requirements

You aren't even worth debating.

Earning more money than you're spending to operate is a profit no matter what the fuck you do with it.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The academic side was fine and not hurting as it was running. You dont get that the school has unprecedented growth and is moving up the ranks in many categories. Sadly all you see is what we have all come to know of you, bigoted thoughts about trailer trash and racists and you cannot stand when that school gets good press and this was good press and shows that in times of strife and the country falling apart, one man has a process that has caught fire at a University and energized that University to achieve lofty goals and grow in the face of a state that has a poor economy. sounds like a pretty good thing to me, but i am just some dumb ole redneck who doesnt have to work to pay his bills anymore.

dude its not good press, i almost pissed myself laughing at this. a university president saying a coaching hire was our best investment ever is pretty god damn funny. it does hold a lil bit of truth to it but by no means should a university chancellor say that especially in the way that he did. if he was gonna word it like that it shoulda been the AD but NEVER the chancellor. it really does send a bad message about the university

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't even worth debating.

Earning more money than you're spending to operate is a profit no matter what the fuck you do with it.

im not saying that its not profit, however its not the primary goal

if it was the primary goal that how come the keep dumping all that profit into non revenue sports. osu has nearly 40 varsity sports WTF is up with that?????? that doesnt sound like a business model to me

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you dont get the point im making is that this really isnt something to brag about. a good school doesnt need to depend on a football program to keep the academic side of its school strong.

^^^^^
thats what you are missing.

...and only an arrogant douchebag whose never been out of his mom's basement would think that somehow the University of Alabama is dependent on the football program for it's funding...especially after he just argued that the football program is a drain on the general fund...too bad your circular arguments couldn't pull an Ouroboros and consume themselves so the rest of us didn't have to listen to your self-aggrandizing drivel.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude its not good press, i almost pissed myself laughing at this. a university president saying a coaching hire was our best investment ever is pretty god damn funny. it does hold a lil bit of truth to it but by no means should a university chancellor say that especially in the way that he did. if he was gonna word it like that it shoulda been the AD but NEVER the chancellor. it really does send a bad message about the university

Really, it sends a bad message that they invested in the "Best" coach in the NCAA to increase its brand recognition on a national scale so they could increase the revenue that the school is getting by bringing in students from not only the state, but out of state at increasingly large numbers, while decreasing the amount of people that they admit at the same time. Seems like it did exactly what it was intended to do and to say it any other way is not telling the truth. When you over double the revenues in a 6 year period, i would say you made a great choice and had a plan, why not call it like it is and not cater to the PC bullshit people of the world who want to hear that its all about education. This is a win/win for both sides and the Chancellor knows he made a wise choice, sadly whiners wont see it, but telling the truth is preferable to telling the PC lie.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and only an arrogant douchebag whose never been out of his mom's basement would think that somehow the University of Alabama is dependent on the football program for it's funding...especially after he just argued that the football program is a drain on the general fund...too bad your circular arguments couldn't pull an Ouroboros and consume themselves so the rest of us didn't have to listen to your self-aggrandizing drivel.

you are so slow.....

the name brand of alabama football drives academic funding

the athletic department takes some of that academic funding

do you follow you dumb product of the alabamian public school system?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if it was the primary goal that how come the keep dumping all that profit into non revenue sports. osu has nearly 40 varsity sports WTF is up with that?????? that doesnt sound like a business model to me

Maybe to give a wider choice of students for an education and to play the sport they love? If you can make a "Profit" and still support those programs, then why cut them, it increases revenue somewhere in the system.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, it sends a bad message that they invested in the "Best" coach in the NCAA to increase its brand recognition on a national scale so they could increase the revenue that the school is getting by bringing in students from not only the state, but out of state at increasingly large numbers, while decreasing the amount of people that they admit at the same time. Seems like it did exactly what it was intended to do and to say it any other way is not telling the truth. When you over double the revenues in a 6 year period, i would say you made a great choice and had a plan, why not call it like it is and not cater to the PC bullshit people of the world who want to hear that its all about education. This is a win/win for both sides and the Chancellor knows he made a wise choice, sadly whiners wont see it, but telling the truth is preferable to telling the PC lie.

im not saying its a bad thing what they did, its just bad that the chancellor called this "the best decision the university has ever made"

had he just based his logic off of added brand exposer and increased donations hed be fine, but he didnt do that

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah dude i dont think you have a clue about how college sports work. alabama football makes money to pay for alabama womens soccer, womens basketball, etc.

most of the profit goes towards upgrading athletic facilities.

only a very select few group of schools actually use athletic proceeds to go to the general student population. college sports are never about making profit but promoting the schools brand name. they are the biggest advertising campaign in the US and nothing more.

You really don't know what you're saying. First it's profit, then it's not, all in the same post.

You're just arguing to be arguing.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe to give a wider choice of students for an education and to play the sport they love? If you can make a "Profit" and still support those programs, then why cut them, it increases revenue somewhere in the system.

im just saying yall act like this is Profit profit profit........like business model

and im saying thats not the case at all and you posted a good example as too why

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really don't know what you're saying. First it's profit, then it's not, all in the same post.

You're just arguing to be arguing.

um do you get the concept of

"profit is not the primary goal" and im saying that in the context of that they are not designed to make the university money. alabama football doesnt pay the university of alabama's bills. alabama pays the bills of alabama athletics and thats it

i feel like its only the fanbase's of dumb schools that have an issue with understanding this

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's called creating alumni. I.E. Future donors. Not all donors play/played football.

The athletic department is solvent/self supporting and doesn't need support from other means.

It's a fantastic business model.

Kmart would be in envy.

You are arguing to be arguing.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not saying its a bad thing what they did, its just bad that the chancellor called this "the best decision the university has ever made"

had he just based his logic off of added brand exposer and increased donations hed be fine, but he didnt do that

Why, is it not true that they have unprecedented growth due to this one hire?
Is it not true that "The athletic department money has followed suit: 2012 produced revenue of $124.5 million and profit of $19.4 million, according to data from USA Today, up from $67.7 million in revenue and $7.1 million in profit in 2007."?
Is it not true that the school is raking in money from out of state students that totaled 52% of its incoming freshmen class in 2012?

All of this is attributable to one hire which is the best investment they have made and he spoke the truth. i would rather here the truth than a lie, especially since we dont get that often in today's world. PC is for pussies, truth is for real men not afraid to say it.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Profit is EVIL!!!!