• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CeeDee Lamb compared to Drew Pearson

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lamb comparison to Beasley is one of the most bizarre I've read. Nothing similar about them at all even ignoring the vast difference in talent
I didn't compare them as individuals as you might think. The talent level favours Lamb but Beasley's ability is on the same level if you need a comparison, more so than Pearsons. The reason I suggest Beasley is to familiarize anyone who may not have seen Pearson and thus would not know if the comparison is accurate. People may not be able to visualize Pearson but Beasley is fresh.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so I'll ask you, does Lamb remind you of Pearson when he works the middle? or does he work the middle with precision like say a tight end or Beasley, honesty is expected. Give me your take
Yes He reminds me of Pearson. Drew was fearless over the middle if you got the ball close it was his even if he was going to get hit. Lamb is faster but also seems to have that knack of getting open. He is a superb route runner. Lamb has not had the time to play and come up big when the chips are down like Drew did but he does seem to have that game breaking ability. Pearson was a QB in High school and caught passes the year before from Joe Thiesman as a WR. He played a little QB at Tulsa and then again moved to WR.
I don’t understand why its such a big deal to you that Lamb reminds a longtime Broadcaster of the Cowboys of Pearson. I’m not taking Shams opinion as written in stone like the Ten Commandments. But when a broadcaster that was around Tom Landry and his staff and Jimmy Johnson and his staff Bill Parcells and his staff along with being in person at games and practices since 1976 yea I tend to take notice. And just for the record Sham does not pull punches it got him fired back in 1994.
I understand your opinion may not be the same and that’s fine. I’m ok with mine and I agree with Sham. Lamb reminds me of Pearson we will see if that plays out or not.

JMHO

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes He reminds me of Pearson. Drew was fearless over the middle if you got the ball close it was his even if he was going to get hit. Lamb is faster but also seems to have that knack of getting open. He is a superb route runner. Lamb has not had the time to play and come up big when the chips are down like Drew did but he does seem to have that game breaking ability. Pearson was a QB in High school and caught passes the year before from Joe Thiesman as a WR. He played a little QB at Tulsa and then again moved to WR.
I don’t understand why its such a big deal to you that Lamb reminds a longtime Broadcaster of the Cowboys of Pearson. I’m not taking Shams opinion as written in stone like the Ten Commandments. But when a broadcaster that was around Tom Landry and his staff and Jimmy Johnson and his staff Bill Parcells and his staff along with being in person at games and practices since 1976 yea I tend to take notice. And just for the record Sham does not pull punches it got him fired back in 1994.
I understand your opinion may not be the same and that’s fine. I’m ok with mine and I agree with Sham. Lamb reminds me of Pearson we will see if that plays out or not.

JMHO
fair enough.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't compare them as individuals as you might think. The talent level favours Lamb but Beasley's ability is on the same level if you need a comparison, more so than Pearsons. The reason I suggest Beasley is to familiarize anyone who may not have seen Pearson and thus would not know if the comparison is accurate. People may not be able to visualize Pearson but Beasley is fresh.
First off I think you are only conversing with people who saw Pearson play here so you can let that part go. But, if you have a problem with the Pearson comparison take it up with the announcer who said it and who has been around the Cowboys for a long time. I don't get into that kind of thing and don't see the need to ever compare draft picks to current or former players because everyone is different.

My point is about the ridiculous comparison to Beasley you seem to keep digging your heels in about. I think the point is that Lamb and Beasley are nothing alike. Like I said, even forgetting about talent their games have no similarities and nor do the patterns they are running or the way they are used. Lamb can play inside or outside. Lamb is explosive and has already shown the ability to go up for the ball and come down with 50/50 balls and most of his patterns have been further down field. Beasley has never shown any of this. Beasley ran that little 5 yard left/right option play on 3rd and 4 and was/is great at it. He used his quickness to get a step or two and has great hands but there is no large catch radius, no playing on the outside and everything was in front of the 2nd level of defense whereas Lamb is finding his soft spots in the zone between the 2nd and 3rd level, inside/outside, carrying defenders across the field and pushing DBs back to create space because of his ability to get behind them. All things Beasley has never really done. There is just nothing similar in them at all and it's a bizarre comparison.

As far as talent goes, Lamb is off the charts. Again, to compare him to Beasley from an ability perspective is just asinine. All you have to do is watch Lamb and you can see the elite ability, the ability to run all patterns and make all of the plays. From a pure talent perspective the sky is the limit with good health.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cee Dee was one of the most prolific college receivers of all time. He played against top competition. Then he comes to dallas and doing the same thing. He was brilliant in this game . 8 catches and 124 yards.

The one where he got his head knocked in and still came up with it was amazing. Then to make the full body turn and catch was oh damn special.

Not sure I like him on punts.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamb was a very good pick up in the late rounds in my fantasy football league. My philosophy is always look at the 1st or 2nd round picks of draft when picking late in fantasy football.

My question to cowboys fans is do you think his numbers will slow with Dalton now throwing the ball? I would imagine he cant keep up with what Dak was putting out there.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamb was a very good pick up in the late rounds in my fantasy football league. My philosophy is always look at the 1st or 2nd round picks of draft when picking late in fantasy football.

My question to cowboys fans is do you think his numbers will slow with Dalton now throwing the ball? I would imagine he cant keep up with what Dak was putting out there.
I don't think he's going for 1500 yards but I expect he, Gallup & Coop will do just fine as long as Zeke & Pollard can tempt that safety to creep up into the box. At that point, it's up to the line. There's the real concern.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's going for 1500 yards but I expect he, Gallup & Coop will do just fine as long as Zeke & Pollard can tempt that safety to creep up into the box. At that point, it's up to the line. There's the real concern.
The OL yep big concern

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarntt said.... .in response to my post about needs in the draft (oline and CB)

"There is so much dumb here that it's hard to even address...but I shall...
So your comment is that our OL isn't even adequate? How can you even type that with a straight face?
Yes Frederick retired and yes if a Center was one of the top players on our board we should have gone there, but, forcing it wo
uld be asinine. We should be "ok" at Center this year. Looney was decent in his first stint and probably will be better this time if he ends up the guy. We have McGovern whom we aren't sure where the team thinks should be playing. What if it is Center? We had a 2nd round grade on him last year. If he is in the Center mix we don't need to force the position in the draft. You are upset because you made up your mind that there was only one pick that could be made and anything else was dumb so you got all bent out of shape and started with your broken record routine.

If you want to focus on need over BPA you should be whining about not taking a CB. We need to play 3 CBs almost all game and none of our CBs is better than Looney. So we have one marginal Center with perhaps a kid that can be real good fighting it out vs all of our CBs being marginal. Which is a bigger need? And if (big if you can say) McGovern is both the plan and turns out to be fantastic and Ruiz turns out to be fantastic we are perhaps sitting a fantastic player if we don't think either can switch to OG, which doesn't help. You can be darn sure if we drafted a decent CB he'd find his way on the field because the need is 3 times greater and at times we even go to 4 CB.

The draft is about improving your team for the next 5-10 years not week 1 of this year and Lamb was one of the highest rated players on our board and it is assumed many boards. He dropped but sometimes each team could be between a couple of guys and the player just drops a little because of the luck of the draw and teams going for a need or a player they just happen to love. It doesn't mean teams weren't considering him in the top 12. Teams were trying to trade up with us to take him because of how much they liked him. Plus we need a 3rd WR week 1 if that is your focus and in the long run if he and Gallup turn out to be what we hope it allows us to cut Cooper after 2 years and use his $20M per year on whatever our biggest need is at the time. Having 3 WRs, a TE that is actually viable in the passing game and Zeke/Pollard will put a lot of pressure on defenses.

Lastly, you act as if the draft is one round long or that Ruiz is the only Center in the draft. How do you even know the team even likes him or likes him more than the LSU Center? Your blind hate for Jerry makes you look foolish sometimes. I would have been fine with Ruiz if he was one of our BPAs when we were on the clock but it wasn't a pick to force and when a guy you have ranked as the #6 player in the draft falls to you at #17 you don't even think about passing on him"

I love CeeDee Lamb..............but our Oline and Dline and CBs were and are a REAL problem......not to mention our overrated linebackers.
Jerry always goes for the GLAMOUR draft pick.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarntt said.... .in response to my post about needs in the draft (oline and CB)

"There is so much dumb here that it's hard to even address...but I shall...
So your comment is that our OL isn't even adequate? How can you even type that with a straight face?
Yes Frederick retired and yes if a Center was one of the top players on our board we should have gone there, but, forcing it wo
uld be asinine. We should be "ok" at Center this year. Looney was decent in his first stint and probably will be better this time if he ends up the guy. We have McGovern whom we aren't sure where the team thinks should be playing. What if it is Center? We had a 2nd round grade on him last year. If he is in the Center mix we don't need to force the position in the draft. You are upset because you made up your mind that there was only one pick that could be made and anything else was dumb so you got all bent out of shape and started with your broken record routine.

If you want to focus on need over BPA you should be whining about not taking a CB. We need to play 3 CBs almost all game and none of our CBs is better than Looney. So we have one marginal Center with perhaps a kid that can be real good fighting it out vs all of our CBs being marginal. Which is a bigger need? And if (big if you can say) McGovern is both the plan and turns out to be fantastic and Ruiz turns out to be fantastic we are perhaps sitting a fantastic player if we don't think either can switch to OG, which doesn't help. You can be darn sure if we drafted a decent CB he'd find his way on the field because the need is 3 times greater and at times we even go to 4 CB.

The draft is about improving your team for the next 5-10 years not week 1 of this year and Lamb was one of the highest rated players on our board and it is assumed many boards. He dropped but sometimes each team could be between a couple of guys and the player just drops a little because of the luck of the draw and teams going for a need or a player they just happen to love. It doesn't mean teams weren't considering him in the top 12. Teams were trying to trade up with us to take him because of how much they liked him. Plus we need a 3rd WR week 1 if that is your focus and in the long run if he and Gallup turn out to be what we hope it allows us to cut Cooper after 2 years and use his $20M per year on whatever our biggest need is at the time. Having 3 WRs, a TE that is actually viable in the passing game and Zeke/Pollard will put a lot of pressure on defenses.

Lastly, you act as if the draft is one round long or that Ruiz is the only Center in the draft. How do you even know the team even likes him or likes him more than the LSU Center? Your blind hate for Jerry makes you look foolish sometimes. I would have been fine with Ruiz if he was one of our BPAs when we were on the clock but it wasn't a pick to force and when a guy you have ranked as the #6 player in the draft falls to you at #17 you don't even think about passing on him"

I love CeeDee Lamb..............but our Oline and Dline and CBs were and are a REAL problem......not to mention our overrated linebackers.
Jerry always goes for the GLAMOUR draft pick.
You quote that as if it wasn't spot on? I don't know where you copied that from, but you should have changed it around to not look so accurate. Could you imagine anyone that watches the NFL right now preferring Ruiz to Lamb?

If the Saints offered Ruiz for CeeDee straight up The Cowboys would fall over laughing at the idea and I was the one telling you that DB was a bigger need not the other way around and our DBs have been by far the weakest part of this team. We are 3 centers deep right now and still getting better play than we are at CB right now. Back to CeeDee, heck, I can't imagine there are more than 5 players (if that many) I'd take over CeeDee from this past draft in a re-draft. Dude is flat out legit.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found it and here is what I said when you first posted we should take Ruiz. Also sounds like me. Take the best player. Don't you tire of being wrong?

If he is the best player on their board and it's indeed a need, take him without blinking. If he isn't take someone else. But don't trade down to take him. I would be surprised if he were the best player on their board

Guess what, doesn't appear Ruiz was close to the best player on the board when we picked according to I don't know, everyone and thank god we took the guy who may end up being the best of the entire draft.

Isn't Ruiz only starting right now because of injuries?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

G CESAR RUIZ, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

Week 5 overall grade: 32.7​

Cesar Ruiz played well in relief of injured starters on the Saints' offensive line coming into Monday night, but he had yet to face a player quite like Linval Joseph. The Chargers nose tackle was a problem for Ruiz all night long, beating him for a really decisive pressure at one point and generally making his night pretty miserable.

Ruiz surrendered three total pressures in the game, and his run blocking wasn't much better, with Joseph again being the primary source of his issues. Ruiz will certainly have better days at the office in his rookie season, and the fact that he has performed so well before this game suggests that this might have been a task he was surprised and overwhelmed by on this occasion.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man I was thinking the same thing about being the number 1 already. I don’t think he will have the same rapport with Dalton. I think Dalton will lean on Coop. Just my opinion but we will see.

I do think Cooper will have better numbers this year and would even if Dak were not hurt because I think he will get more balls thrown his way and be a bigger part of the game plan each week.
I literally just read something about lamb being dalton's tyler boyd, but more talented............and it made sense.......dalton may love lamb.......the history is there.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked what Dalton and Gallup were getting done in that last drive.. Dalton never had a WR trio like this before. He never had a back like zeke before either. I think maybe we run more without Dak, but still it would be dumb to get too conservative with these dynamic receivers

Reactions: GNG

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard some talk on local sports talk....The thought was possibly trading Gallup in a player for player deal if equal value could be had. A Jets DT was suggested. I don't remember his name, but he was from Alabama and drafted #3 overall a couple drafts back. I don't really want to trade Gallup and would prefer waiting after 21 and trading Cooper but I guess if value for a position of need came available then the team would have to consider it. Our #4/#5 wides make his seem like a possibility.

as to the topic of this thread. I saw Pearson come in as a free agent from Tulsa. I don't remember Drew playing the slot all that much. I do remember him being extremely skinny who grew into the player he became after a year or two. Just don't see much resemblance to Lamb other than skin tone and the number. I also think any comparison of Lamb to Beasley is football uninformed at best.....this may be cause I think Lamb has a great chance becoming the best receiver in Cowboy history in time, which is something that could never be said about Beasley. Oh well, opinions are like ass holes I suppose

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so I'll ask you, does Lamb remind you of Pearson when he works the middle? or does he work the middle with precision like say a tight end or Beasley, honesty is expected. Give me your take
Lamb is very talented but it is too early to predict if he will be as good as Pearson.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard some talk on local sports talk....The thought was possibly trading Gallup in a player for player deal if equal value could be had. A Jets DT was suggested. I don't remember his name, but he was from Alabama and drafted #3 overall a couple drafts back. I don't really want to trade Gallup and would prefer waiting after 21 and trading Cooper but I guess if value for a position of need came available then the team would have to consider it. Our #4/#5 wides make his seem like a possibility.

as to the topic of this thread. I saw Pearson come in as a free agent from Tulsa. I don't remember Drew playing the slot all that much. I do remember him being extremely skinny who grew into the player he became after a year or two. Just don't see much resemblance to Lamb other than skin tone and the number. I also think any comparison of Lamb to Beasley is football uninformed at best.....this may be cause I think Lamb has a great chance becoming the best receiver in Cowboy history in time, which is something that could never be said about Beasley. Oh well, opinions are like ass holes I suppose
Yep Bease and Lamb are not comparable. Bease is a good slot guy. Lamb can play all receiver positions and has HOF potential . This comparison is as bad as when Dak was being compared to Tebow. Sometimes I wonder if people even watch games and what is really happening on the field.