• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CeeDee Lamb compared to Drew Pearson

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad Sham the play by play announcer compared CeeDee to Pearson. That’s high praise from someone that watched Pearson and Irvin play wearing 88.
just saying

If CeeDee is close to Pearson he will have a awesome career.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His short career already compared to a HOF career? Sounds like a euphoric dream. Oh and 2 different era's. with 2 different QB's. Few of Jerry's boys ( since the SB years ) are worthy to be compared to the best years of this franchise. Just blather that's all

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cee Dee was one of the most prolific college receivers of all time. He played against top competition. Then he comes to dallas and doing the same thing. He was brilliant in this game . 8 catches and 124 yards.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CeeDee Lamb looks like a generational talent. He already looks like the best WR on a team with 2 other stud WRs.The sky is the limit.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CeeDee Lamb looks like a generational talent. He already looks like the best WR on a team with 2 other stud WRs.The sky is the limit.

man I was thinking the same thing about being the number 1 already. I don’t think he will have the same rapport with Dalton. I think Dalton will lean on Coop. Just my opinion but we will see.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve always been cautious of OU wideouts. There have been some great college players but they seem to struggle in the NFL. Almost like , I hate to say it but Bama DBs. Sure there a few really good ones in the NFL , but there have been a lot of busts as well.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His short career already compared to a HOF career? Sounds like a euphoric dream. Oh and 2 different era's. with 2 different QB's. Few of Jerry's boys ( since the SB years ) are worthy to be compared to the best years of this franchise. Just blather that's all
Sure sounds like sour grapes on your part. The Broadcaster Brad Sham said he reminds him of Pearson the way he goes over the middle. I’m sure you would not be so solicitously sour if say for instance Chase Claypool was compared to Lynn Swann On your Steelers.
Its high praise opinion from a Cowboys broadcaster that has been around since 1976 with the Cowboys. He just might have seen more than a few NFL caliber receivers.
Anyway we will see in 10 years or so how it all plays out.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man I was thinking the same thing about being the number 1 already. I don’t think he will have the same rapport with Dalton. I think Dalton will lean on Coop. Just my opinion but we will see.
I do think Cooper will have better numbers this year and would even if Dak were not hurt because I think he will get more balls thrown his way and be a bigger part of the game plan each week.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure sounds like sour grapes on your part. The Broadcaster Brad Sham said he reminds him of Pearson the way he goes over the middle. I’m sure you would not be so solicitously sour if say for instance Chase Claypool was compared to Lynn Swann On your Steelers.
Its high praise opinion from a Cowboys broadcaster that has been around since 1976 with the Cowboys. He just might have seen more than a few NFL caliber receivers.
Anyway we will see in 10 years or so how it all plays out.
No it's not sour grapes, it's the opportunity to watch Pearson and the cowboys BEFORE 1976 so I do know what I saw and see. The eras are different and football has changed. I would say Pearson meant more to the team at that point with his ability than Cee Dee does to these Cowboys because this current Cowboy team has many better receivers to choose from. Cole Beasley would be a better comparison. Lamb is good I'm not saying or trying to insinuate he isn't, I don't think it's fair for a broadcaster to compare this player to a player 90% of the Cowboy fans didn't see play. I did. Pearson was a talent and along with Allworth and Hill and Hayes remain in a less theatrical NFL. Maybe Sham should have highlighted the ability of Lamb better I don't know but the statement seemed dream-worthy without a sufficient career to fall back on.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not sour grapes, it's the opportunity to watch Pearson and the cowboys BEFORE 1976 so I do know what I saw and see. The eras are different and football has changed. I would say Pearson meant more to the team at that point with his ability than Cee Dee does to these Cowboys because this current Cowboy team has many better receivers to choose from. Cole Beasley would be a better comparison. Lamb is good I'm not saying or trying to insinuate he isn't, I don't think it's fair for a broadcaster to compare this player to a player 90% of the Cowboy fans didn't see play. I did. Pearson was a talent and along with Allworth and Hill and Hayes remain in a less theatrical NFL. Maybe Sham should have highlighted the ability of Lamb better I don't know but the statement seemed dream-worthy without a sufficient career to fall back on.
Come on. Look Cole had a knack for moving the chains, but there is no comparison between he and Lamb.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on. Look Cole had a knack for moving the chains, but there is no comparison between he and Lamb.
I'm not saying there is. I'm saying someone like Beasley who had the ability ( not talent ) to make a home in the middle, ran his route to perfection thus a comparison between he and Lamb becomes more accurate. Lamb has more talent and it shows but Sham used Pearson ( maybe because of his status amongst Cowboy receivers ) when in fact the game has changed and the use of Pearson was widespread ( because of the QB and game plans ). Maybe he should have said Lamb runs an excellent route like saying Whitten or Novacheck, a tight end. Using Pearson and that calibre of talent and ability places Lamb in the same category as Pearson, and as I said, a short career versus a HOF career is no justice either. Lamb may turn out to surpass all receivers but he hasn't yet and to say after 1 game he reminds us of Pearson is a bit in itself. The point of Lamb's maturity and ability could well have been annunciated without comparison. I wouldn't place Cole in the same category as Lamb talent-wise but as a route runner yes. That's my point. 1 game doesn't automatically produce a HOF career and to think so or even suggest the future is a resemblance is euphoric

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying there is. I'm saying someone like Beasley who had the ability ( not talent ) to make a home in the middle, ran his route to perfection thus a comparison between he and Lamb becomes more accurate. Lamb has more talent and it shows but Sham used Pearson ( maybe because of his status amongst Cowboy receivers ) when in fact the game has changed and the use of Pearson was widespread ( because of the QB and game plans ). Maybe he should have said Lamb runs an excellent route like saying Whitten or Novacheck, a tight end. Using Pearson and that calibre of talent and ability places Lamb in the same category as Pearson, and as I said, a short career versus a HOF career is no justice either. Lamb may turn out to surpass all receivers but he hasn't yet and to say after 1 game he reminds us of Pearson is a bit in itself. The point of Lamb's maturity and ability could well have been annunciated without comparison. I wouldn't place Cole in the same category as Lamb talent-wise but as a route runner yes. That's my point. 1 game doesn't automatically produce a HOF career and to think so or even suggest the future is a resemblance is euphoric
So now it's Lamb's talent is equal to Beasley?

Do yourself a favor and STFU.

By the way, you do know college players are compared to NFL players every year, even some surefire HOF players when they're are done.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now it's Lamb's talent is equal to Beasley?

Do yourself a favor and STFU.

By the way, you do know college players are compared to NFL players every year, even some surefire HOF players when they're are done.
I didn't say Lamb's talent was equal to Beasley, did I. You need to read it instead of gazing over it or even assuming what's written. Don't be foolish and protract an answer. Maybe your comprehension skills are a little deficient. Show me where I said that. If you can't then you're lying.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say Lamb's talent was equal to Beasley, did I. You need to read it instead of gazing over it or even assuming what's written. Don't be foolish and protract an answer. Maybe your comprehension skills are a little deficient. Show me where I said that. If you can't then you're lying.
You're downplaying Lamb period.
It could be argued Lamb is the best WR on the roster, and that says a lot, with Coop and Gallup on it.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're downplaying Lamb period.
It could be argued Lamb is the best WR on the roster, and that says a lot, with Coop and Gallup on it.
It could, I mean his numbers are certainly good and just as relevant as Coopers and Gallups when it comes to production but I'm not downplaying him. I said this current team has much more receivers of high quality than those of yesterday ( 70's and 60's ) and he is talented. I was just saying that the comment about his stardom reaching a HOF level ( by the use of Pearson's career as a comparison ) may be euphoric, I didn't say it's not possible for him to achieve. I thought the use of Pearson was a little exaggerated when in fact Lamb runs the routes with he same ability as maybe a Beasley did or even a Tight end, not that he doesn't run other routes to perfection ( maybe he does ) but I also wanted to project Pearson for what he was and that the time he played was significantly different. I don't know how long you have been watching football but I can assure you I have seen it before the Super Bowl era and it's different.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cee Dee ranked #
That catch he made over the middle on the 2nd quarter was clutch . Most receivers dont hold on to the ball on that one

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see what Lambs career is. I watched Pearson when I was a teen. He should have been in HOF long ago.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Cooper will have better numbers this year and would even if Dak were not hurt because I think he will get more balls thrown his way and be a bigger part of the game plan each week.

If for no other reason than defenses are going to have to account for CeeDee, Coop and Gallup should both benefit from single coverage opportunities - along with Schultz. Should benefit Zeke as well - loading the box isn't going to be a great idea with receivers like ours and a QB who has been around long enough to know to get rid of the ball.

If the OC has paid attention...

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see what Lambs career is. I watched Pearson when I was a teen. He should have been in HOF long ago.
OK so I'll ask you, does Lamb remind you of Pearson when he works the middle? or does he work the middle with precision like say a tight end or Beasley, honesty is expected. Give me your take