• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CBS Roll Call

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There seems to be a few missing and some trouble keeping track of who was who from CBS. So I thought it would be helpful to post a Roll Call.

Please dont continue conversations right away on this. I would like to get one post from each of us first. That will make it easier for people to return here and look someone up if they dont remember.

List what info you are comfortable sharing....

--------

CBS name - GrailKnight (Avatar had a Lions standing over a dead bear)

Im in the Automotive Engineering field and THAT is not as good as it sounds!

I run Michigan Spiders. You should check it out and watch the drugs and spiders video as well as my Beyond Spider Dome video.

I write Fantasy fiction novels under the same name I am using here, K.J.Ester. Self published two books of a trilogy and so far the only reviews I have gotten have been good ones. The only flaw anyone has posted was some editing mistakes. Going through the first book right now. There were more than a few but almost done fixing it up.

Lions had a decent draft. Still dont like Mayhew or the coaches. They can win me over if they get away from the single back set this year.

uofmarmyguy

Meat Popsicle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS name UofMarmyguy - same here
Real Name Bob Dunning
Proud member of U.S. Army been in 18 years (2 to retirement!), currently stationed in Seoul S. Korea.
Born and raised all over Michigan, school and most of time in Fenton, born in Standish and call Bay City my true home.
Married, 1 child my son, and a devout Christian.
Survived numerous deployments a brain tumor and uncountable bouts of extreme stupidity usually induced by alcohol or testosterone or both. Which may be why I do not drink anymore.
Love my Wolverines, Lions, Tigers, and Red Wings always and forever

Last edited by a moderator:

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wassup SGT..... Class of 94?

Last edited by a moderator:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS name - Swarm. Then I got banned for calling Bears fans gay after that bullshit Calvin non-TD call. Recently showed back up as shawnberry which is not my real name btw.

Married, with twins on the way. Hobbies include lifting, music, reading, chillin', writing, sports.

Been in the mortgage business for about 10 years.

Correctly predicted Matthew Stafford, Louis Delmas and Ziggy Ansah picks early and often.

deftones are my favorite band.

Have two dogs, a puggle and pitbull boxer both female.

I'm pretty sure Bigfoot exists.

I'm stoked about Brian Xanders.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same same here and there. Lifer on rail road, hence the name gandy dancer. Born D.C. and transplanted to northern Michigan. Been all Detroit since. Love reading these boards. Just wish old man Ford realized how passionate Lion fans are. This site and the influx of posts in three weeks is amazing and shows it!!

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same name as CBS

Born and lived 36 years in SE Virginia/ NE North Carolina. Ford transferred me to the Detroit area 6 1/2 years ago

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same name here and there (hope Gandy is OK with my stealing his phrase).

Born in Detroit, raised in Warren, CS Mott High class of 76, U of M drop out 78.
Married 25 years this October, three grown kids, one still technically living at home. Home is now western Wisconsin, working in Minnesota for an organization that facilitates organ and tissue donation. From a sports perspective, I ended up living in enemy territory.

Probably won't post a heck of a lot but I do enjoy the banter and sense of community the CBS board created. It was good to see posts from fans world wide. Hopefully some of the other CBS members will find their way here.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm Smitty. I shop at Goodwill and have sausage fingers. Cant wait to fry up some morels and plant my garden. Used to sling produce, landscape, hawk sporting goods, deliver beer, umpire, teach pre-school and do drugs. Now, Im a homeless dairy farmer. Illustrated one childrens book and currently have writers block on my own, David Lee Moth with a Butterfly Backstage. The proud owner of three extra toed cats, a Jack Russel and a cherry '94 Beretta. Love my Grandma. I hate Cliff Avril, Cole Hamels, Adam Dunn, Rodney Stuckey, Todd Bertuzzi, and anything related to Chicago south of the river. (Aside from the Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium and The BillyGoatBar) Dont care much for Ohio either. My favorite color is blue. My favorite numbers are 11, 3 and 3x11. I secretly like Kevin Costner, Sam Elliot, Billy Joel and Helen Hunt. Think Raburn Sucks and Cleveland smells like Mexico. Big Fan of The Beastie Boys, Jimmy Buffet, Sublime, Paul Simon, Clutch, Scott Joplin, Alice in Chains, Ween, Beck, Eazy E, The Candian National Anthem, Weezer, The Who and Virgil Q's Dixieland Kalamazoo Review. I watch the shit outta American Pickers and Seinfeld reruns. Wear a Tigers hat as much as I wear socks. Wear boxer briefs and my football belt from high school. swear by New Balance shoes, New Era hats and New Haven Township. I don't do Twitter. Don't eat sushi and don't tuck in my shirt. (may tomorrow) Im currently on a mission to irradicate Skunks from Gratiot County one 22 long at a time. Like short chicks, bio-pics, Don Kelly, defensive backs with braids and skinny ties. Bought a 30 pack of Strohs cans tonight. And plan on smoking a pipe in a lawn chair tomorrow evening, enjoying as many of em as time will permit. Along with the scenery and some solid company. I also miss Tiger Stadium, my Grandfather, Michelob Golf cans and Jason Hanson.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also like to say hello to that thing Bruce Campbell is holding up there in Ron Burgundys av.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS Name Voltaire26. Huge Detroit/Michigan Fan: Born and Raised in Detroit and living in the suburbs (just like millions of others). I am 55 years old and waiting for my first Lions team to be a NFL Champion/Super Bowl Contender. They don't have to win ... they just have to be good enough to win.

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
CBS name Shoktart. Born in Ventura, CA. Family moved to Portland in '78 because the L.A. sports teams sucked and we thought the Trailblazers, who had just won a championship, were going to be the new sports dynasty and we wanted to be part of it. The day I arrived Bill Walton got injured and the Blazers have sucked ever since.

Back in L.A. after we left the Lakers drafted Magic Johnson and it turned out THEY were the dynasty. The Lakers won the championship in 1980. Then the Dodgers got Fernando fever and won the World Series in '81. Lakers won again in '82. Then the Los Angeles Raiders won the Super Bowl in '84. Lakers won again in '85, '87 and '88. Dodgers won the World Series again in '88.

Meanwhile it rained a lot in Portland.

Oh, and when I was a kid I picked the Detroit Lions as my favorite NFL team because I liked their uniform.

That's about it. That's my life.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same name here as on CBS.

I was born and raised in Onaway, MI. Lived in Marquette for 6 years after that, now live in Sault Sainte Marie where my wife and I both teach high school. No kids yet... two dogs and a cat, though. I love to fish whenever possible, and I enjoy me some bow hunting in the fall. I like football and ****o and books about war, got an average house with a nice hardwood floor...

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAMN. You guys are OLD!!! I'm black_magic from CBS. Born and Raised in Rochester, Michigan. I'm 19 years old and an Electrical Engineering Student at Wayne State University (Hence my obsession with Joique Bell). Im a very optimistic fan, and it pisses people off sometimes.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CBS name was MikeD5405. I changed it to my current name because I am never wrong, unless it has to do with my wife, then I am never right.

Born and raised in Allen Park, only time I've been out is when I was in college. Played football in college and graduated with degrees in Accounting and Finance. Worked for 7 years as a tax accountant at GM, but hated the 9 to 5 gig and staring at numbers all day.

I quit GM and basically play games for a living. Played poker professionally online for a little over 6 years until the government shut down the sites. Used my winning from that to start a Vending Company which consists mostly of Golden Tee machines. Also have played Golden Tee professionally for about 10 years and I've been ranked in the top 20 in the world for most of that time.

Been married for almost 7 years and my wife and I are expecting our 1st baby (a boy) any day now (May 7th is the due date). My wife is the head of IT for a company who supplies data to the big 3.

Coyote57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd attempt, the 1st seems to ahve disappeared into cyber space, if this shows a second time, apologies in advance...

Born in Flint, spent most of my life in West MI. Been a fan of the lions since the mid-60's. Currently living in a small rural town in Indiana, mostly farming and coal mining around here.

Coached HS football and wrestling 16 yrs. 10 of them in a school of color, as head wrestling coach and on football staff. Saved a wrestling program slated to get the axe, and its now doing pretty well under the new coach, that, and the school system starting a Jr. High program. Hard to compete without the feeder program. Left coaching to go back to school... Added a business program to my Biology back ground. Now-a-days, I'm a preacher (long story....). Still coachin' 'em up from the pulpit and and Bible classes.

Picked UM over MSU back in H.S. UM had the same school colors we did, and MSU had the school colors of one or our most hated rivals. Funny thing... I have kin on staff and doing research at MSU, and some of my athletes made it onto MSU football team and wrestling mat. But despite the connections to MSU, the early choice stuck. My disdain for our H.S. rival back in the early '70's still makes Green the color of the enemy to this very day.

Coyote57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and been married since '79, all that time to the same gal, she's a wonder. Have 4 daughters and 3 foster daughters, and recently became an empty nester, looks like my best days are ahead of me.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm Muzz.:loco2: