• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CBS Posters?

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kengel6....I don't know if I could even bring myself to tattle on someone at a site like this one. Crap....one CBS poster (who is also here) twice has threatened to shoot me. I laughed it off....never even considered going to any CBS moderator.

Problem is....I don't troll here. I don't use profanity here. I avoid personal insults (I slip occasionally)........but I am still on some double secret probation at this site. I think what my problem is (here and at CBS) is a "failure to communicate". I guess I am socially backwards when it comes to internet discussions????

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol:

Don't worry Brian8...pretty much standard stuff for me. Besides, broncosmitty has a tattler in his pocket...so he is safe. No matter where you go there are always those that want you to follow THEIR rules, conform to THEIR ideas. And it usually follows that a group mentality forms to pillar the non-conformists.

(And.... I probably am a dick at times. :laugh3:

brian8ball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I hear ya Same thing as CBS the ones who complain to the admin are protected.No big deal.I have a good life.And I am probably a dick too.Peace Bro

brian8ball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told I have not seen a hitter locked in like Miggy is since Bonds you would have to be a fool to pitch to him at all.I also have to say am really surprised at MY Yankees one of the best teams in baseball and have 1/2 the team onm the DL.Would love a chance to meet the Tigers again in the Playoffs

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I do have at my disposal is The Ol' Ignore List. It can be edited via UserCP. Never thought I'd actually use it, but I thought wrong. Thanks for the mute button SportsHoopla!

brian8ball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im taking my ball and going home.Just dont understand how these guys can curse and name call and nothing happens.Well that is life.How does one go about becoming a Moderator anyway

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just don't make men like they use too.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey fuckface, I'd been giving CBS over $500 in league fees for over a decade. Carried over from the old sportsline days. And seeing as I'm just one of THOUSANDS of people who both paid and posted on that once quality site, it might not have been a solid business decision to just dump their message board without warning. Say hello to your mother for me.

CBS died when they started to let the idiots run the show there. There was a time when the main reason people came to post there was to discuss the sport of the board they wanted to post on.

However, in the last few years, it seems like the main reason for people to post there, and these numbers seemed to grow by the day, was basically to agrivate others, and to be a nuisence, as some people get their kicks in life that way. And, what was being discussed usually was off topic, but the admins there were spending too much time in trying to keep people following their rules, when most or at least many could never really be bothered to do so.

JMO, and was a CBS regular for 10 years, maybe more.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure dont make men like they used to. Did u ever see those geeky greasers from the 50's? And nobody had any kind of muscles in the 50's. i mean really, fonzie was DA MAN in the 50's. tight leather jacket....how da fuck would fonzie throw down with that tight ass jacket and them tight ass jeans. Can u imagine beaver going to school now days in chicago? He might not make it back home. Yea they sure dont make em like they used to.

But hey, i wore be bop baggies back in the day. Sure dont make sweet pants like that anymore.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you - physically.

I was talking more along the line of mental toughness and the ability to stand your ground and not be automatically afraid of new ideas. I think that left in the 50's and 60's. Approached with new and different views today....it seems the response is to hide (run to Big Brother? mommie?) Words and thoughts can't hurt you. Examine them, study them...but sticking your head in the sand or running away?????????

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you - physically.

I was talking more along the line of mental toughness and the ability to stand your ground and not be automatically afraid of new ideas. I think that left in the 50's and 60's. Approached with new and different views today....it seems the response is to hide (run to Big Brother? mommie?) Words and thoughts can't hurt you. Examine them, study them...but sticking your head in the sand or running away?????????

I am on board with this train of thought. For the most part anyway. This may or may not be running and hiding, but I will let the masses decide. I myself tend not to argue with anyone in a message board forum. My reason being, after years and years of posting, is that most arguments tend to end up being "circular" in nature. Meaning, the same info is discussed and disceted ad nauseum, with neither side winning, or convincing the other party they are wrong.

I learned this in a movie from 30 years ago, War Games.

"Sometimes the only winning move is to not play the game"

Thoughts?

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I learned this in a movie from 30 years ago, War Games.

"Sometimes the only winning move is to not play the game"

Very much enjoyed that movie, and truer words were never spoken.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very much enjoyed that movie, and truer words were never spoken.

It fits so many situations Howie.

Fight the good fight, and fight for what is right. However, sometimes, discretion is the better part of valor, and, sometimes it is o.k to lose a battle here and there on the way to winnign the war.

I am just full of euphonisims today. Full of something at least........:yahoo:

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of suits Iffys got a new follower......a Troll from Cleveland.....could he be an evil twin of bereal......

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of suits Iffys got a new follower......a Troll from Cleveland.....could he be an evil twin of bereal......

He might be if you think about me....oh....I mean it.

(There is still more talk about me than baseball talk - from some here. Odd?

:rollseyes: