• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CB

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as we've bitched about this defense, they are one shutdown corner away from being pretty good. They are on the field for 3/4 of every game, so they'll never hold teams to low numbers, but they are getting better every week. If we didn't have big offensive plays beating our DBs, they'd get more credit.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a CB and a safety, maybe. Nate Allen has to go.

G

greenwing

As much as Cary Williams runs his mouth he has had nothing to show for it this season. I wouldn't be against making a trade of a starting CB or I would let Boykin start. I don't care how small he is, he plays better then any current starter we have.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe Boykins isn't starting or playing more, I don't care about big people beat up little people... Boykins is better than Fletcher and Williams.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe Boykins isn't starting or playing more, I don't care about big people beat up little people... Boykins is better than Fletcher and Williams.

I think it was a couple of weeks ago now, but I remember seeing something about Boykins wanting to be a starter and Chip had said he starts the best players.

Not sure what Chips seeing, cause Fletch/Williams have been really really bad, and not sure Boykins is that bad.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Boykins but the thought of him covering Megatron, Dez, or the Chicago receivèrs scares me.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Boykins but the thought of him covering Megatron, Dez, or the Chicago receivèrs scares me.

I agree, but I don't feel any better knowing that Fletcher and Williams are covering them either.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bench Fletcher at this point and give Boykin a shot. Let Carroll cover the slot and see how things fall. Can't be any worse than what we got through the first 5 weeks of the season.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you have to blame Chip for this. Let's think about this he releases Jackson and Avant two productive receivers for this team last year and creates a hole they have to address via the draft. So now they use a 2,3 round pick on receivers that could have been used to strengthen the defense. You only have so many bullets in the gun, we create a hole where we didn't need to create one and had to fill those. Hindsight is 20/20 but it was not like we had a bad receiving corp last year, we did have bad corners then and now

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with Avant going. But Jackson just seemed like he was sending a message. I can't see how they can say letting go of Jackson makes you a better team. When they really didn't even address the WR's adequately imo. Now you still have needs at CB/WR/S/LB and the way this season is going you will need to address the OL in some fashion. Possibly even a developmental dual threat QB with the way Foles is playing.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with Avant going. But Jackson just seemed like he was sending a message. I can't see how they can say letting go of Jackson makes you a better team. When they really didn't even address the WR's adequately imo. Now you still have needs at CB/WR/S/LB and the way this season is going you will need to address the OL in some fashion. Possibly even a developmental dual threat QB with the way Foles is playing.

Bring in Tyrell Pryor. Not a great passer but has speed and can throw short yardage. I'm not talking this year, but instead of drafting that dual threat you mention. The only QB coming out that would be ideal in Chip's mind would be Mariotta. Who else is out there?

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't got to see them play much this year yet. But Hundley and Petty come to mind. Obviously Mariota would be great but I think that's a pipe dream at this stage. I figure Miller will return for one more year at OSU so not factoring him into it.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't got to see them play much this year yet. But Hundley and Petty come to mind. Obviously Mariota would be great but I think that's a pipe dream at this stage. I figure Miller will return for one more year at OSU so not factoring him into it.

Yep, Miller is staying put for a final year. He needs to put together a nice run and get us a NC before he bolts. Furthermore, he needs to prove to NFL scouts that he is healthy again after his shoulder injury.:yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way Foles takes hits unnecessarily, I will be surprised if Sanchez isnt playing at some point this season. Will be interesting decision to make if he plays really well & wins. I honestly would not at all be surprised if Sanchez is our QB come playoff time...if we get there.