• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cavs Brooklyn Pick

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets play in a weak EC and added some talent....that pick isn't going to be as good as many people seem to think it will be.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets play in a weak EC and added some talent....that pick isn't going to be as good as many people seem to think it will be.

It will be close. They also lost some talent as well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Drummond isn't a good perimeter defender - but that's not how he should be used anyway against the Warriors IMO.

How are you going to use him then?

If you can't guard the perimeter or score efficiently on offense, then you can't play against the Warriors if you are a big. TT can defend.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you going to use him then?

If you can't guard the perimeter or score efficiently on offense, then you can't play against the Warriors if you are a big. TT can defend.
I would imagine he would man the paint - like Pachulia is supposed to do for the Warriors. TT can't guard out on the perimeter that well either. So I don't see a big drop off there.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it. Trade the pick back to Boston for Kyrie!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine he would man the paint - like Pachulia is supposed to do for the Warriors. TT can't guard out on the perimeter that well either. So I don't see a big drop off there.

There are very few big men who are better able than TT to defend smaller players in space. That may literally be what he does best on a basketball court. That and offensive rebound.

Pachulia is a body, nothing more. If your 5 isn't dominating Pachulia and McGee, then he shouldn't be on the court. Drummond theoretically could do that, but would he?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont forget giving up a 1st rounder AND a pick swap with the Cavs in order to get 3 months of Ramon Sessions and save money on Luke Walton's contract.

or giving a first rounder to the Rockets to take Fishers crappy deal.

:L

Thank God Short Buss is gone.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to predict it will be the 4th spot in the lotto.

I cant see under any circumstances it would be passed the 7th spot in the lotto.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See what's available. If they get a deal to add another superstar. If not, keep it an rebuild.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to predict it will be the 4th spot in the lotto.

I cant see under any circumstances it would be passed the 7th spot in the lotto.

I agree with that. I can't see it being the 8th or 9th pick. My guess is it will be 6th

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are these 5 to 8 teams that you think are worse than the Nets, lol?
The Hawks are REALLY bad.

The Suns, Kings and Lakers are all bad- not as bad as the Nets- but they play in the West

Orlando and Chicago are really bad.

Those 6 teams are all pretty bad---- but it would surprise me if the Nets were better than all of them.

the Knicks and Pacers are safely better than the Nets I think.

The Hawks are interesting in that- I think there coaching is really good- and they will have some pride- but that roster is just so bad.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are these 5 to 8 teams that you think are worse than the Nets, lol?

I would say the Hawks, Bulls, Suns, and Kings. Suns and Kings only because they play in the west. After that I can see teams like Orlando and the Knicks (assuming they eventually trade Melo) possibly being worse than Brooklyn

Also I did clearly state that I can't see Brooklyn getting the 8th or 9th pick so I don't think there are 7+ teams worse than them. At the most probably 5 or 6.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Suns, Kings and Lakers are all bad- not as bad as the Nets- but they play in the West

Those 6 teams are all pretty bad---- but it would surprise me if the Nets were better than all of them.

The Hawks are interesting in that- I think there coaching is really good- and they will have some pride- but that roster is just so bad.

I agree with all of this. I'm of the mindset that the Pacers could be included in the category of Orlando and Chicago given that Turner's their best player and McMillan's definitely lacking as a coach.

You're absolutely correct, I think ATL's coach is really good and he'll get them within fighting distance of the playoffs. But I think they'll fall short. I think the Nets pick falls anywhere between 5-8.

Btw, Wiggy how are you feeling about your Buckeyes this year? You guys got a very impressive squad this year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lin/Russell/Crabbe/Hollis-Jefferson/Mozgov is the Nets current starting lineup. 25 wins tops.

Orlando: Payton/Fournier/Ross/Gordon/Vucevic isn't too different IMO. Better down low, weak shooting, better depth.

Pacers: Collison/Oladipo/Bogdanovich/Young/Turner is meh. Turner is a star in the making, Bojan is underrated, Young is average. A lot depends on Oladipo. Solid 2nd team in Joseph/Lance/GR3/Sabonis/Jefferson.

Chicago (assuming Wade is bought out): Dunn/Holiday/LaVine/Portis/Ropez. Bottom 3 without Wade.

Suns: Bledsoe/Booker/Jackson/Chriss/Chandler. Youth movement with a vet big man in the middle. Could have some growing pains, but better than the Nets IMO.

Kings: Hill/Hield/Richardson/Labissiere/Koufos (per ESPN). I could see several guys currently listed as depth starting, notably WCS and Randolph down low. Fox will get some considerable run as well. Tough to gauge, as this team was just thrown together, but they definitely have a hole at SF.

Hawks: Schroeder/Bazemore/Prince/Ilyasova/Dedmon. Yikes, bottom 3.

Knicks: Sessions/HardawayJr/Melo/Zinger/Hernangomez. Not sure Baker starts as listed on ESPN (at least not for long), but there is talent here (even if overpaid).

I would put the Nets around 3 behind the Hawks and Bulls.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are very few big men who are better able than TT to defend smaller players in space. That may literally be what he does best on a basketball court. That and offensive rebound.

Pachulia is a body, nothing more. If your 5 isn't dominating Pachulia and McGee, then he shouldn't be on the court. Drummond theoretically could do that, but would he?
My thoughts exactly. I think Drummond would do ok against Pachulia.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lin/Russell/Crabbe/Hollis-Jefferson/Mozgov is the Nets current starting lineup. 25 wins tops.

Orlando: Payton/Fournier/Ross/Gordon/Vucevic isn't too different IMO. Better down low, weak shooting, better depth.

Pacers: Collison/Oladipo/Bogdanovich/Young/Turner is meh. Turner is a star in the making, Bojan is underrated, Young is average. A lot depends on Oladipo. Solid 2nd team in Joseph/Lance/GR3/Sabonis/Jefferson.

Chicago (assuming Wade is bought out): Dunn/Holiday/LaVine/Portis/Ropez. Bottom 3 without Wade.

Suns: Bledsoe/Booker/Jackson/Chriss/Chandler. Youth movement with a vet big man in the middle. Could have some growing pains, but better than the Nets IMO.

Kings: Hill/Hield/Richardson/Labissiere/Koufos (per ESPN). I could see several guys currently listed as depth starting, notably WCS and Randolph down low. Fox will get some considerable run as well. Tough to gauge, as this team was just thrown together, but they definitely have a hole at SF.

Hawks: Schroeder/Bazemore/Prince/Ilyasova/Dedmon. Yikes, bottom 3.

Knicks: Sessions/HardawayJr/Melo/Zinger/Hernangomez. Not sure Baker starts as listed on ESPN (at least not for long), but there is talent here (even if overpaid).

I would put the Nets around 3 behind the Hawks and Bulls.
I totally agree with you--- talent wise the Nets are the 3rd worst team i nthe league behind the Hawks and Bulls.

the Hawks are truly awful....the Bulls not much better unless LaVine takes the reins and go's ham- and Dunn realizes some of his lotto potential.

Knicks and Pacers really arent that bad--- and the Kings with Hill as a stabilizing force and a nice contingent of big men- and Fox shouldnt be awful either.

Pacers- just having Collisn/Oladipo and young/Turner should be enough to win more games than the Nets.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of this. I'm of the mindset that the Pacers could be included in the category of Orlando and Chicago given that Turner's their best player and McMillan's definitely lacking as a coach.

You're absolutely correct, I think ATL's coach is really good and he'll get them within fighting distance of the playoffs. But I think they'll fall short. I think the Nets pick falls anywhere between 5-8.

Btw, Wiggy how are you feeling about your Buckeyes this year? You guys got a very impressive squad this year.
feeling pretty good about the Bucks

the d-line is supposed to be "legendary" good. --like one of the best d-lines in college football history good.

Barret is in like his 4th year as a starter- or it sure seems like it--- but he doesnt look much different than freshman year Barret- which is a little disappointing.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feeling pretty good about the Bucks

the d-line is supposed to be "legendary" good. --like one of the best d-lines in college football history good.

Barret is in like his 4th year as a starter- or it sure seems like it--- but he doesnt look much different than freshman year Barret- which is a little disappointing.

Meyer's never been one to develop a QB. I think Alex Smith is the one QB that he's had that has stuck in the NFL; and he's carried more by that Chiefs defense and looks to have hit his ceiling. I think the same would apply with Barret because he looked like he would be a consensus AA at QB but as you've mentioned, hasn't done much since with the talent he has around him.

But yeah, that Ohio St. defense is just filthy from what I saw in the 2nd half against Indiana. As much as I hate to say it since I hate the Buckeyes, but I think they beat Bama in the Finals this year.