• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Catcher

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is for the catching position. Feel free to discuss Stryker Trahan as well.

I am going to account miggys poor play in 2013 in part to that god awful walk-up song! I think he will bounce back this season. Discuss.

Feel free to post that horrendous song if you must.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Miggy just had a poor start to 2013 & then the injury was effecting him more than anyone was letting on till he finally had to miss a month of baseball. I expect back to his usual .275/.350/.450 self this season. Whoever wins the backup job between Goss/Hank White is better defensively than Nieves. But they will both not have the offensive output Nieves brought last year. Although if Miggy is his usual self, it is better to have a light hitting defensive catcher as a backup than vice versa.

Trahan is a good two years away from being talked about. He is still young & learning the catching position. He has shown some pop but his average dipped in his first full season of profession baseball.

Here is just one recent scouting report:

While the final call is more than half a decade away, the early returns suggest that the tallish Trahan may be able to stick at catcher, as he possesses more than the usual strong arm requirement. If he shows aptitude for game-calling, he'll move quickly, but 'quickly' in this context still means 2016 or so.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy is due for a bounce back year. Hoping for a .270-15 HR- 75 RBI type of year from him.