• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Catcher playing first base

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your catcher is one of your better offensive hitters, then he needs to learn how to play first base or OF... this is especially true in the american league. Since catchers playing DH is a huge risk, since the DH rule states that if the DH player is moved to a defensive position then the use of DH is terminated...

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think that would apply when you have catchers like Mike Napoli and Victor Martinez who don't happen to be the best defensive catchers. With Weiters and Molina they are simply to valuable behind the plate.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think that would apply when you have catchers like Mike Napoli and Victor Martinez who don't happen to be the best defensive catchers. With Weiters and Molina they are simply to valuable behind the plate.

I was very unclear in the original message... i meant for catchers off days. For an example the orioles today had their DH being reimold and had weiters on the bench... It is a risk to use wieters as DH because if teagarten got hurt then they would have needed to go to an emergency Catcher or forfeit the DH position... But if Weiters played a little first base occasionally, he would need less Catcher off days, and they would not have the DH dilemma...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This experiment ended horribly when the Mets did it with Piazza. Believe it or not 1st base is not a position you can just plug anybody in at.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your catcher is one of your better offensive hitters, then he needs to learn how to play first base or OF...

Carlos Santana is one of those catchers thats damn effective at 1st as well. Lucky we got a lot of versatility & can switch out almost anybody at any position & have it work

Too bad the same cant be said for our pathetic starting rotation... :gaah: