• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carter or Carle going?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:jaw:

Holy shit man! What are you doing here?!
I thought I would check this board out for a bit and listen to some insight about possible trades and the signing of Bryzgalov. Here is my take on all of this. I love the idea of Bryzgalov signing with the Flyers. His personality is perfect for this market. The guy loves the attention. He and goaltending coach Jeff Reese hit it off right away. He's married ( stay out of the bars lol). He's mentally tough and is a huge upgrade to what we currently have. However, here is my take on who stays and who goes. I love Carter but we all know Hartnell won't go because nobody wants his contract and he has a NTC. I want to see Versteeg to at least have a full season under Lavy's system. Besides it cost us a 1st rounder. Tough to swallow as a GM to surrender a 1st for a half season of play. Now my opinion on the toughest decision to make is can we afford to trade Carle? Can we package Carter and Carle to get pick 3 in the draft? Some very good defensemen and goal scorers going in top 5. I'm concerned about Prongers health. Trading Carle could be a huge mistake. Thoughts?

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought I would check this board out for a bit and listen to some insight about possible trades and the signing of Bryzgalov. Here is my take on all of this. I love the idea of Bryzgalov signing with the Flyers. His personality is perfect for this market. The guy loves the attention. He and goaltending coach Jeff Reese hit it off right away. He's married ( stay out of the bars lol). He's mentally tough and is a huge upgrade to what we currently have. However, here is my take on who stays and who goes. I love Carter but we all know Hartnell won't go because nobody wants his contract and he has a NTC. I want to see Versteeg to at least have a full season under Lavy's system. Besides it cost us a 1st rounder. Tough to swallow as a GM to surrender a 1st for a half season of play. Now my opinion on the toughest decision to make is can we afford to trade Carle? Can we package Carter and Carle to get pick 3 in the draft? Some very good defensemen and goal scorers going in top 5. I'm concerned about Prongers health. Trading Carle could be a huge mistake. Thoughts?

my thought is that carle's stats hide what he actually is when pronger is not carrying the brunt of his duo's responsibilities. unless carle has a #1 with him he is useless, for example, playoffs 2011.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my thought is that carle's stats hide what he actually is when pronger is not carrying the brunt of his duo's responsibilities. unless carle has a #1 with him he is useless, for example, playoffs 2011.

I understand what you are saying. Granted, everybody was terrible without Pronger in the playoffs and down the stretch of the regular season. No doubt Pronger has made Carle's stats etc. Better. Carle is still one of our best defenseman on the team. Also trading him takes out some of our depth. Sure we can resign OD for cheap to add as our 6 or 7 DMan. Again, who will replace him that is just as good and we can afford under the cap?

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up fellas! Who's going to be dealt before the draft? Bryzgalov sounds almost a done deal or will be very soon. I think Carter has to be the odd man out for the simple reason he brings a lot of value back ( draft picks and player(s). I hope Homer does the right thing.

Carle can go. They just need to get a solid d-man back in return.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I am glad to see you posting.

I am worried about losing Carle with an aging Pronger, and even Kimmo, too. However losing Carle means a HUGE upgrade in net, so in turn I think we gain more than lose if Carle is gone.