• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carmelo Anthony sas meeting with Knicks went great

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,618.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carmelo Anthony said he had a "great" meeting with Knicks president Phil Jackson, general manager Steve Mills and head coach Derek Fisher in Los Angeles last week. He also commended Jackson for his decision to hire Fisher, a first-year head coach.

"It was great meeting with Phil, it went well," Anthony told two reporters at an event on Wednesday in Manhattan to promote his partnership with 50 Cent and SMS Audio headphones.

On Fisher's hiring, Anthony added: "I like what Phil is doing."

Anthony met with Jackson, Fisher and Mills in Los Angeles last Friday to discuss his pending free agency. Anthony has said throughout the season that he plans to opt out of the final year of his contract and test free agency this summer.

Jackson has said publicly, though, that he'd like Anthony to opt in to the final year of his deal with the Knicks and become a free agent next summer.

A source close to Anthony said late last week that Anthony hadn't changed his mind on free agency and still plans to opt out and become a free agent this summer.

Source: ESPN

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it arrogant that a Carmelo would find it necessary to comment on his take on two people that have more rings than this self-absorbed narcissist would hope to have in three lifetimes. I am sure Phil and D. Fisher are going to come to an organization and act like jerks?? This turd needs to go play somewhere else.