• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Captain Marvel (2019)

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coming_soon.jpg

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's a difference between asking for more diversity among film critics and asking for less white men. Larson is requesting for the former, not the latter

This isn't her first racist and sexist rant.

So no, it's not.

especially when you're picking journalists simply based on raced. Literally the definition.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So no, it's not.

especially when you're picking journalists simply based on raced. Literally the definition.

don't really know about her previous rants, nor do i really care, to be honest

she's just asking for more voices at the table, she isn't trying to limit the ability of white males to get jobs in film

not even sure why i decided to climb onto this hill since i think Larson is a loon. i just don't think she's a loon b/c of this particularly subject

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't really know about her previous rants, nor do i really care, to be honest

she's just asking for more voices at the table, she isn't trying to limit the ability of white males to get jobs in film

not even sure why i decided to climb onto this hill since i think Larson is a loon. i just don't think she's a loon b/c of this particularly subject
some of these dudes just want to be the victim. They think the white male is being attacked and claim sexism and racism because they feel left out in being able to do that. Toad and Q are prime examples. They are very proud

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So no, it's not.

in context her point is actually very valid... the problem is that she is a white woman... she doesn't need to virtue signal... especially when it can totally backfire...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in context her point is actually very valid... the problem is that she is a white woman... she doesn't need to virtue signal... especially when it can totally backfire...

No. It’s not.

You send your top entertainment journalist.

It’s called merit.

Picking someone’s for her race or sex is literally racist or sexist

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. It’s not.

You send your top entertainment journalist.

It’s called merit.

Picking someone’s for her race or sex is literally racist or sexist

in context she said she doesn't care what a White man thinks about a wrinkle in time... it is a movie about black women and children... so yea... who cares about the white man's views...

Look at the tyler perry movies, they all get knocked by the critics... All of them... but they are absolutely loved in the black community... so maybe they are not as bad movies as the critics say... maybe the white Male critics just can't relate.... that is all she is trying to say...

Again her problem is that it is not her voice that anyone cares about to say these things... she is a white woman... not just white, but she doesn't look like she has any ethnic blood at all...

And this movie, does not need less white male... she could have just said, she wanted more women critics... and that would have done good enough for this movie...

the other thing is that she had to confirm so often in her rant that she doesn't hate white males that it looked like she does...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in context she said she doesn't care what a White man thinks about a wrinkle in time... it is a movie about black women and children... so yea... who cares about the white man's views...

Look at the tyler perry movies, they all get knocked by the critics... All of them... but they are absolutely loved in the black community... so maybe they are not as bad movies as the critics say... maybe the white Male critics just can't relate.... that is all she is trying to say...

Again her problem is that it is not her voice that anyone cares about to say these things... she is a white woman... not just white, but she doesn't look like she has any ethnic blood at all...

And this movie, does not need less white male... she could have just said, she wanted more women critics... and that would have done good enough for this movie...

the other thing is that she had to confirm so often in her rant that she doesn't hate white males that it looked like she does...

It doesn’t matter who freaking reviews it.

Considering how Oscar views are beyond cratering, no one cares about critics

She’s just trying to force her anti white male agenda.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will say this... what bothers me about this movie already is how they didn't sexy her up at all, and the costume is very unrevealing...

why that bothers me, why pick a pretty actress(might not be the hottest)... if you are going to do the feminist agenda then use an actress like Amy Schumer...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn’t matter who freaking reviews it.

Considering how Oscar views are beyond cratering, no one cares about critics

She’s just trying to force her anti white male agenda.

she is still identifying a problem...

the problem is that it is not her battle to fight...

People need to start fighting their own battles and not jump into others...

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will say this... what bothers me about this movie already is how they didn't sexy her up at all, and the costume is very unrevealing...

why that bothers me, why pick a pretty actress(might not be the hottest)... if you are going to do the feminist agenda then use an actress like Amy Schumer...
that would be terrible casting

just because they aren't making her a sex symbol doesn't mean they shouldn't cast the role right. I think Larson is a great pick to play the role.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
she is still identifying a problem...

the problem is that it is not her battle to fight...

People need to start fighting their own battles and not jump into others...

She’s inventing a problem.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She’s inventing a problem.

so, you realize 60+% of critics are white male... that is overwhelming... do you need their opinions about movies that they cant relate in??

I

Reactions: ill

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, you realize 60+% of critics are white male... that is overwhelming... do you need their opinions about movies that they cant relate in??

I

Do we need more white NBA players?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. It’s another problem that doesn’t exist.

I take a big issue with anti-meritocracy

stop searching for double standards...

I agree that she is wrong... But only for fighting a fight she doesnt need to be fighting...

If she just said she wants more women critics, then there would be no problem,.. But it is the white part... where she is a white woman...

But just because it is not a fight that she should be in, or even a fight significant enough to be fought, doesn't mean that there is no problem here...

But you have to admit, that people that cant relate to something will likely not appreciate it...

CB3UK

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, gotta be honest, I have zero interest in ever watching this. It looks terrible. Army woman goes to space and comes back with powers. Hard pass.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stop searching for double standards...

I agree that she is wrong... But only for fighting a fight she doesnt need to be fighting...

If she just said she wants more women critics, then there would be no problem,.. But it is the white part... where she is a white woman...

But just because it is not a fight that she should be in, or even a fight significant enough to be fought, doesn't mean that there is no problem here...

But you have to admit, that people that cant relate to something will likely not appreciate it...

So who should’ve reviewed guardians? Raccoons and trees?

Its ridiculous.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who should’ve reviewed guardians? Raccoons and trees?

Its ridiculous.
no I'd say you're being more ridiculous

but for a movie that is trying to push girl power, which it is, you want to have it reviewed by who it is being written for.

shoot, the white guys like you and Toad in this thread are proving that all on your own.