• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Someone Explain the Concussion Protocol To Me

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't explain the concussion protocol any more than I can explain a catch or offensive pass interference. I think they flip a coin.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ask because Matt Moore got leveled in the game this past weekend and only was out for 1 play... He didn't appear to lose consciousness but man did he look out of it.

Plenty of other players including QBs have been knocked out and only sit out maybe 2 plays then come back in.

Yes I get these are team doctors "approving" them to play but seriously only 1 or 2 plays and back into the game.

I just don't get it
They went over it during the game, they concluded he got hit in the jaw and he passed all the tests, and if you watch the replay, he did get hit in the jaw.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They went over it during the game, they concluded he got hit in the jaw and he passed all the tests, and if you watch the replay, he did get hit in the jaw.

Oh, I know he did, I saw it live... This hit just got me thinking is all

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically some asshole on the field hits another asshole on the head but nobody knows what is going on the sideline because they were all bumping chests before the game. So after the guy hits the other guy on the head they check to see how many fingers he recognizes out of a 5 finger hand and if he's outside +1/-1 they take him off the field for a play to insert an anal device and shot of an experimental drug named X05.

Once X05 takes effect they put the guy back on the field and he has to go in and tell the QB or RB (whichever has higher status based on contract value) that in order to hike the ball the Center has to wipe the ball with his butt.

The QB and Center generally exchange glances (just look for this, you'll see it) and ask the X05 guy if he's serious. If he responds yes then they remove him for concussion protocol.

If this happens X05 is essentially allowed to remain in his body which kills off active cells and forces the player to commit suicide or cause his rectum to prolapse into itself causing a massive anal chain reaction that blows 22.8% of the large intestine through the brain.

It costs the NFL a mass amount of money to manufacture X05 and cremate the bodies so they established the concussion protocol to try and limit the amount of times this goes into effect.