• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can anyone tell me why we're dicking around with scrap heap bums like Brett Swain?

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In Baalke/Harbaugh we trust...our off season plan was beautifully executed. Swain has size speed and remember they wanted a guy who could block down field well...that's not something TO willingly does or does well.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but my BS detector is going off.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Baalke has the winning record over fans questioning his moves and non moves so far this year. when we let players go people worried that we didn't have a worthy replacement. We did and they are might actually be improvements. When Goldston wasn't resigned people worried, he got him at an even better deal. When free agency started people complained that we didn't get the biggest names. instead of Namdi we got Rodgers. Alex is doing pretty well. I'm thinking the staff might know what they need to build their vision.

This is probably the best response to the original post. If at this point you still think that Baalke and the Coaching staff don't know what they are doing when it comes to evaluating free agents, then maybe you're just grinding an ax for the sake of grinding an ax. I'd absolutely agree that Baalke's record with players he has added is beating out the doubts of fans.

His one not so great addition was Goodwin, but it's not like Goodwin was his first choice either. He did want to bring Baas back, but the Giants 'yoinked' him.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look. Terrell IS ready.

Now would be a perfect time to work him out and then sign him so he can get acclimated with the playbook during the bye to be ready vs the browns.

What else would you expect his AGENT to say?

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am not a TO hater and I think locker room chemistry is usually overrated but bringing in TO coming off an injury and with his issues would be a bad idea. I just don't see him as a good fit at this point.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why hasn't his agent said he was ready before this? logic fail.

My comment was directed towards your statement that we sign him simply because his agent says he is ready. I think it's obvious that the agent wouldn't say he was ready if he was still injured.

PaleRider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brandon Lloyd didn't want to come back here. What makes you think TO would? Why do we even need him again? We certainly didn't need him to beat the Lions. And that was the only game we were short-handed at wide-out. With Braylon and Crabs going forward now we should be good.

Also, I think you are overrating the wr position in our offense. Unless TO wants to come back and run block a whole bunch...I really don't see what he brings to the table at this point that we don't already have. Additionally, I don't care how much of a 'fast healer' he is, he is nowhere near ready. Even with the debatable effectiveness of the stem cell treatments I can't see him getting back to full speed until the end of the year, if ever. I don't care what his shill ass agent says. Kind of funny how TO was crying on his tv show about not having any money just a couple months ago. Now, all of a sudden, he has discovered the magical fountain of youth and is a changed man and supportive teammate? Two words: caveat emptor.

Alex has been doing his job and you want to bring in the guy who has shit on every single qb he has ever played with? How is that going to help anything? TO has taken a giant crap in every locker room he has ever set foot in and then split. Oh wait. I forgot about Cinci. Probably because his time there before the injury was pretty freaking forgettable. The only reason he didn't shit in Palmer's locker was because they force fed him the ball 20 times a game and he wasn't there long enough to actually locate it. There's a reason they haven't brought him back. He's an under-performing pain in the ass.

I can't believe I just took the time to respond to this silliness. Ah well. TO was a beast in his day and I loved the hell out of him before he went all Lindsay Lohan on us. But his day has long since passed and I think it's clear that he's simply looking for a handout at this point.

:musky: