• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can anyone tell me why we're dicking around with scrap heap bums like Brett Swain?

AdjustingRoutes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Earth to Trent Baalke. We don't have Joshua Morgan or Braylon right now, and only have 2 receivers that are capable as of now of getting open. This is a passing league. Cut the BS and sign Terrell Owens.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earth to Trent Baalke. We don't have Joshua Morgan or Braylon right now, and only have 2 receivers that are capable as of now of getting open. This is a passing league. Cut the BS and sign Terrell Owens.

Earth to silly person. Terrell Owens is injured. You're complaining that the 49ers only have 2 capable WRs, but then saying Baalke is a moron for not signing an injured player?

You should also be aware that Terrell Owens isn't the most stable guy in the world right now, he was hospitalized a week ago in Los Angeles in what was likely another suicide attempt.

It's good to be an armchair GM, question moves like Swain.. just use some common sense. Be aware of who T.O. is today, not who he was in 2003. After the Lions game, the 49ers don't play for 3 weeks. That is plenty of time for Edwards to come back healthy. That is why they aren't in panic mode to fill the void of Morgan

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Rae Carruth? Chris Henry?

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to panic there bud. Edwards gets back after the bye. You talk about this being a passing league, but it's not like we're the Packers running out 4 WR sets all game.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why we signed Swan??....He is a good special team guy and he also has knowledge of the west coast offense... if he can learn how to catch the ball..he might be a decent wr in this league..

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL... You want Baalke to cut the BS yet eveything you posted is pure BS... Owens injured and allegedly attempted suicide.. Yup that will help the Niners a lot...

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone do an IP check. This guy made a name to go along with his gimmick, his intentions are obvious.

:roll:

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

...oye...my head hurts, thought we left that kind of thinking behind when evacuated...

:censored:

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...oye...my head hurts, thought we left that kind of thinking behind when evacuated...

:censored:

It's a 1000% better over here, but we still have the occasional lapse. Clyde and Ray will keep an eye out....if it's a troll, they won't last long.

yehyeh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyone they got this week probably wouldn't do anything anyways, no matter what there name was. Wide Receiver is a position that is about rhythm and knowledge of the routes and plays. Harbaugh could barely trust Alex after training camp and three weeks of regular season football, how is he going to trust anybody with less than one week of knowledge of his playbook and practicing with Alex?

A special teamer is probably the only player who can come off the scrap heap and play right away, which is what we got here.

If Harbaugh really wants another receiver, he might pick one up Monday or Tuesday since they have a bye and it would give that player an extra week to learn his system. I think Harbaugh was focused on the Lions since Monday, and he didn't want any distractions of teaching a new wide receiver who's expected to play that week. They're just gonna use the players on the team: Crabtree, Ginn and Williams. There will be many two te sets and probably a few 3 te sets. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Gore and Hunter in there at the same time, especially when they spread it out with Hunter playing the Sproles role.p

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Can anyone tell me why we're dicking around with scrap heap posters like Maladjusted Routes?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
there aren't WR's named Megatron, Roddy White, and Andre Johnson out of work and waiting for a call?

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyone they got this week probably wouldn't do anything anyways, no matter what there name was. Wide Receiver is a position that is about rhythm and knowledge of the routes and plays. Harbaugh could barely trust Alex after training camp and three weeks of regular season football, how is he going to trust anybody with less than one week of knowledge of his playbook and practicing with Alex?

A special teamer is probably the only player who can come off the scrap heap and play right away, which is what we got here.

If Harbaugh really wants another receiver, he might pick one up Monday or Tuesday since they have a bye and it would give that player an extra week to learn his system. I think Harbaugh was focused on the Lions since Monday, and he didn't want any distractions of teaching a new wide receiver who's expected to play that week. They're just gonna use the players on the team: Crabtree, Ginn and Williams. There will be many two te sets and probably a few 3 te sets. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Gore and Hunter in there at the same time, especially when they spread it out with Hunter playing the Sproles role.p

Yehyeh,

Nice to see another Poly fan here...assume you are an alum? Have you been following any Mustang football? There's a great Mustang sports message board on Yuku.

Agree with you on using established WRs and using two/three TE sets, with the splits the Lion DL takes, I think that can be exploited off tackle and around the edges, especially with Hunter. Screens and play action from our team can really slow the pass rush down...defensively we have a problem..even if we "stop" CJ, I'm concerned Pettigrew or someone else will fill the void, Stafford is playing very well.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there aren't WR's named Megatron, Roddy White, and Andre Johnson out of work and waiting for a call?

You forget about a certain guy named Larry. Maybe he's available? :)

AdjustingRoutes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1st off, I'm not a troll. I found a link to this place somewhere else and checked it out because I was sick of ticky tack rules.

2nd off, pardon me for wanting the best free agent receiver around. Yes, I know he wont be ready for awhile...I want him when he is ready. This is a passing league and we are ranked where in passing offense? And you people don't think adding another threat to our depth wouldn't help? Give different looks?

Btw, the pain medication thing is such tired BS from TMZ. Idiots in the media already tried to claim that in 2006, right? And what happened with that? Turned out Owens just had an allergic reaction to vicodin when he was re-habbing.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st off, I'm not a troll. I found a link to this place somewhere else and checked it out because I was sick of ticky tack rules.

2nd off, pardon me for wanting the best free agent receiver around. Yes, I know he wont be ready for awhile...I want him when he is ready. This is a passing league and we are ranked where in passing offense? And you people don't think adding another threat to our depth wouldn't help? Give different looks?

Btw, the pain medication thing is such tired BS from TMZ. Idiots in the media already tried to claim that in 2006, right? And what happened with that? Turned out Owens just had an allergic reaction to vicodin when he was re-habbing.

Do you think TO is going to come back to his pre-injury level? I'm skeptical.

Don't get so caught up on the recognizable names. These guys have gone this far with out being signed for a reason, they aren't hot commodities either. Big name doesn't = best fit either.

Other players came in for a try out, Swain reportedly looked the most impressive. If he is more impressive than these other guys, then I don't want them.

IMO Baalke has the winning record over fans questioning his moves and non moves so far this year. when we let players go people worried that we didn't have a worthy replacement. We did and they are might actually be improvements. When Goldston wasn't resigned people worried, he got him at an even better deal. When free agency started people complained that we didn't get the biggest names. instead of Namdi we got Rodgers. Alex is doing pretty well. I'm thinking the staff might know what they need to build their vision.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what do you suggest we do until he's ready?