• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Callahan Staying in Tampa?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tampa Bay Lightning made it clear to Ryan Callahan’s camp that they want the player past this season.

The pending UFA's agent, the veteran Steve Bartlett, told ESPN.com Tuesday that he chatted with Steve Yzerman in Buffalo over the past weekend, at which point the Bolts GM made it clear they'd like to talk extension after the season.

Yzerman, also reached Tuesday, said for now the focus is on hockey, on making the playoffs and on doing well in the playoffs. The GM will focus on Callahan’s future later.

"He’s just going to play hockey and we’ll talk when the season’s over," Yzerman told ESPN.com.

But it’s clear the Bolts hope the former Rangers captain is more than just a rental.

"Yeah, we’d love to sign him," said Yzerman. "He’s a good fit, a good person, a good player, has style of play that really complements our group well; he’s fit in really well. So we hope to sign him. But we won’t talk until after the year."

Cross Checks Blog - ESPN

If he dropped his price, then definitely. He's fit in really well down there.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny, thanks. Great article! Watching him and what he does on both sides of the ice I really think that he's worth the money that he's looking at getting. So far I've seen him score goals, make assists, dive at the puck and knock it away from an opposing player that was having a break away, I've seen him time in & time out camping out in front of the opposing net-minder, he hits at least a few times per game, sticks up for his teammates & so far he has been an incredible presence on the ice every game! The Bolts, as every other team, have players that don't put it all on the line every game. With that said, I really think he's worth every penny of what he's looking for! I hope the Bolts re-sign him so I can get a home & away #24 Cally sweaters! Damn, with Nik, Boyle, Vinny & MSL gone I have a lot of game jerseys retired at the house. I do have Filpp home &away sweaters for both the Bolts & Wings & I can't wait to get Cally's if he re-signs here! :yahoo: :clap:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny, thanks. Great article! Watching him and what he does on both sides of the ice I really think that he's worth the money that he's looking at getting. So far I've seen him score goals, make assists, dive at the puck and knock it away from an opposing player that was having a break away, I've seen him time in & time out camping out in front of the opposing net-minder, he hits at least a few times per game, sticks up for his teammates & so far he has been an incredible presence on the ice every game! The Bolts, as every other team, have players that don't put it all on the line every game. With that said, I really think he's worth every penny of what he's looking for! I hope the Bolts re-sign him so I can get a home & away #24 Cally sweaters! Damn, with Nik, Boyle, Vinny & MSL gone I have a lot of game jerseys retired at the house. I do have Filpp home &away sweaters for both the Bolts & Wings & I can't wait to get Cally's if he re-signs here! :yahoo: :clap:

That right there is when Cally is at his best and he's doing that with you guys and i'm pleased to see it. I hope he extends his contract with you guys. :suds:

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At times, Cally is the only D this team sees! I think that the way the Bolts played last night should be the only way they play against any team, every game period! Filpp had a hard game last night, a couple of bad passes & giveaways (which is unlike him) but I was happy that Cally was on his line to help his line mates bail him out of trouble!

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We hope but it's going to be hard to sign Callahan for 6 million per year! Palat and Johnson are rfas! Killorn also! Bishop has next year left on his deal and that's it! So cap wise down the years it's going to be tight!

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting rid of the payroll of Vinny, Marty and Ohlund and soon Malone should make it easier to afford Callahan. We sure wouldn't want to lose him.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like tho have him back but other dollars have to make sense, at this moment his asking price is too high.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha, I finally like a forward that I didn't think we needed more than D & now you're not sure if he's worth what he's asking! Just kidding Danny, bro. From what I've seen, I think he's worth every penny of what he's asking. Hell, he plays great on both ends (O & D), he scores full strength & PP, he checks hard, sticks up for team mates. Every team we play has to be aware at all times if he's on the ice or not & where's he at if he is! Definitely a great on ice presence!!!!!!!! Damn, if the Rangers had 2 Cally's & I knew than what I know now, I'd take both in a heartbeat!