• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Caldwell resigned.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR Andre Caldwell is signing back with the Broncos on a 2-year deal worth a max of $3.45 million. Bye bye Deck?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good signing. Cheap compared to what some of these other guys are going to get on the market and actually played well when called upon this past year. Don't know if he is what they have in mind to actually replace Decker but honestly wouldn't mind if the Broncos sign him then draft somebody in the top 3 rounds.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR Andre Caldwell is signing back with the Broncos on a 2-year deal worth a max of $3.45 million. Bye bye Deck?

I think they are covering bases. He knows the system and is relatively cheap. I am sure Decker is out the door; I just don't think the broncos are going to want to spend that much money retaining him. Decker is the #1 FA in the WR class. He is going to command some money regardless if teams think he is a #2 receiver or not.

I would expect the broncos to address Decker's true replacement in the draft.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are covering bases. He knows the system and is relatively cheap. I am sure Decker is out the door; I just don't think the broncos are going to want to spend that much money retaining him. Decker is the #1 FA in the WR class. He is going to command some money regardless if teams think he is a #2 receiver or not.

I would expect the broncos to address Decker's true replacement in the draft.

Yeah unless the Broncos make some crazy signing at the receiver position I think the Broncos draft a receiver in the 1st 2 round of the draft. As they say Book It!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good signing. Cheap compared to what some of these other guys are going to get on the market and actually played well when called upon this past year. Don't know if he is what they have in mind to actually replace Decker but honestly wouldn't mind if the Broncos sign him then draft somebody in the top 3 rounds.

He did. The numbers are not going to "wow" anyone, but he was behind Thomas, Decker, Welker in the WR corps, plus Thomas and Moreno as receiving options. I thought Bubba made the most of his playing time and may be good enough to be a legit #2 on a lesser team. He may be poised to break out this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did. The numbers are not going to "wow" anyone, but he was behind Thomas, Decker, Welker in the WR corps, plus Thomas and Moreno as receiving options. I thought Bubba made the most of his playing time and may be good enough to be a legit #2 on a lesser team. He may be poised to break out this year.

Honestly on the Broncos there were quite a few times Decker was maybe the 4th or 5th option on the offense. I don't think he was a true #2 on our own team so I don't think we have to find a true #2 to replace him. I do think Caldwell could fill that role decently. He won't put up the numbers that Decker did especially touchdown wise as that is not his game but he does offer the ability to take the top off the defense that Decker was not able to do very often.

He obviously wouldn't be many people's first choice to replace Decker but we have to remember you can't fill every hole with All-Stars especially in Free Agency. You are going to have to get a few bargain guys and hope that you can have some draft picks develop at the position. Right now the Broncos have been very smart with their money in the signing of Caldwell and Ward. Neither were overpaid like we have seen other teams doing so far.