• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Burns is a lousy...

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brent Burns is a lousy defenseman, but he's a great turnover machine!

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't watched it yet but he sure loves his snakes:

Twitter

Twitter

(Burns took Jumbo and White to visit some snake owner/friend (?) dude in Detroit)

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know if great and Burns should be used in the same sentence

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Burns is good. He still has to figure some things out, but his pure skill is awesome. He's really fast, has arguably the best slapper on the team, and is a big body. He needs to work a bit on the decision making and on the turnovers, but he could easily be the steal of the summer. So far, I'm pretty satisfied...

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Burns is good. He still has to figure some things out, but his pure skill is awesome. He's really fast, has arguably the best slapper on the team, and is a big body. He needs to work a bit on the decision making and on the turnovers, but he could easily be the steal of the summer. So far, I'm pretty satisfied...

He does have a cannon thats for sure!

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. He's been terribad in the D-zone thus far. But I'm willing to give the kid (he's only 26) more than 7 games to make up my mind on him. He's big, strong, has amazing offensive talents.

I think he'll get better when he slows it down. He seems like a kid who cares and really wants to impress his teammates. When he just gets comfy in his own skin I think his defensive gaffes will lower and his natural skill will take over.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed. He's been terribad in the D-zone thus far. But I'm willing to give the kid (he's only 26) more than 7 games to make up my mind on him. He's big, strong, has amazing offensive talents.

I think he'll get better when he slows it down. He seems like a kid who cares and really wants to impress his teammates. When he just gets comfy in his own skin I think his defensive gaffes will lower and his natural skill will take over.

Only thing that worries me is that his defense is as bad as i recall seeing it and sadly a little worse then i expected out of him.

That being said running around like a chicken with your head cut off in your own defensive zone tends to mean one thing, your trying way to hard to do to much. I think if he settles down we will see the real burns.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing that worries me is that his defense is as bad as i recall seeing it and sadly a little worse then i expected out of him.

That being said running around like a chicken with your head cut off in your own defensive zone tends to mean one thing, your trying way to hard to do to much. I think if he settles down we will see the real burns.

I don't know I think this is the real Burns. He's playing exactly as a friend of mine who is a Wild fan and knows his shit about hockey said he would. I've pretty much lost faith in him playing any kind of good defense consistently. I am expecting about 20 goals and 50 points from him though to make up for his inconsistency on defense.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know I think this is the real Burns. He's playing exactly as a friend of mine who is a Wild fan and knows his shit about hockey said he would. I've pretty much lost faith in him playing any kind of good defense consistently. I am expecting about 20 goals and 50 points from him though to make up for his inconsistency on defense.

He played on a SHIIIET wild team so we cannot judge him from that. I think we'll see him get better and better. He's got a lot of talent around him that will help him play to the best of his ability. It's just too early in the season to be judging him yet but if it gets to about 30-40 games and he's pulling the same shit. FUCK

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He does have a cannon thats for sure!

Yeah, he definitely does. Nice to have a shot like that at the point.
He will definitely get better as time goes on. I think he's been trying to do way too much, and it's hurt them. He played a much more simplified game vs the Islanders and I thought he did a really good job.

Category 5o

Errday Trollin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Burns defense is the biggest problem we as fans have to discuss, I'll take it.

I mean we have 7 other defense men who are capable of playing on any team regularly, and as was said earlier, with a little simplification, Burns is a whole different entity.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Burns defense is the biggest problem we as fans have to discuss, I'll take it.

I mean we have 7 other defense men who are capable of playing on any team regularly, and as was said earlier, with a little simplification, Burns is a whole different entity.

And this is probably the 'lousiest' he is going to look, as he gets acclimated to the new system. I like the upside!:dance: