• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bumgarner blows away the Rockies and almost touches perfection winning 3-0

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I write a lot about making memories at the yard and tonight I had the privilege of watching Madison Bumgarner flirt with a perfect game into the 8th inning. I love the art of a well pitched ballgame and Bumgarner shined bright. He seemed to be in front of hitters all game and in fact had seventeen 0-2 counts on the 28 batters he faced. He had the look of a stopper and no one would stop him from winning this game. His 13 strikeouts were so dominant that everyone in his outfield could of ordered pizza and stretched out with a few beers too.

On offense it was the Buster Posey show who hit 2 HR's and had 3 RBI's on the night. The crowd was on edge waiting for the Giants to score and help Bumgarner have a little breathing room. When Posey hit the HR in the 6th inning everyone around me seemed to let out a breath of relief including myself. Pence had a good game getting on base 3 times and was on for that Posey 2 run shot. Both of Posey's HR's were measured over 400 feet.

Blanco made the play of the day in the first inning by going all the way to the wall in left and jumping to snag a ball that most likely would of been a double if any other Giant was out there. It was one of the best plays of the year from a outfielder. Crawford rebounded tonight with a nice game at shortstop and the whole team seemed to rally together around Bumgarner's performance. Giants win this one 3-0.

Hopefully this is the game that the Giants can rally around and put a winning streak together. The vibe was smooth and electric at the same time as Madison Bumgarner's one hitter will be etched in Giants fans minds forever. The record books will not show a perfect game or no-hitter but in my mind I witnessed greatness on the mound from a country strong 25 yr old man from Hickory North Carolina with as Posey said after the game "ice water in his veins" . Another memory goes up in my tree of memories and for the rest of the 41,000 plus fans a memory they will never forget. A brilliant performance by the Simple Man with a big arm and his battery mate Buster Posey who lit up the night with his bat.

Bravo ! :yo::yes:

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap::lock1::thrasher::headbanger:

on youtube...

lynyrd skynyrd - simple man (acoustic version)

Last edited by a moderator: