• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bum or Kershaw?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you take?

A first ballot, inner-circle HOFer, but with a STRONG reputation of absolute melt downs when it matters…

Or…

A solid, but not great regular season pitcher with HEROIC post season chops, talked about as potentially the BEST post season pitcher ever…

I hate to be a homer, but…

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you take?

A first ballot, inner-circle HOFer, but with a STRONG reputation of absolute melt downs when it matters…

Or…

A solid, but not great regular season pitcher with HEROIC post season chops, talked about as potentially the BEST post season pitcher ever…

I hate to be a homer, but…

Regular season Kershaw

Post season Bum

I hate to see Kershaw go out this way, no matter my ill feelings about the Dogs. He's a classy individual, and has been a helluva pitcher. Except October.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regular season Kershaw

Post season Bum

I hate to see Kershaw go out this way, no matter my ill feelings about the Dogs. He's a classy individual, and has been a helluva pitcher. Except October.
Nope. Not a valid answer. That is the easy way out.

One or the other. No mix and matching.

Who ya got?

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, considering that Bumgarner almost single handedly won the 2014 WS, I'm going with him. If Kershaw were on any other team, I would have hoped that he could have been as dominant in the post season as he has been in the regular season (unless it was against the Giants).

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Kershaw even tho he’s on the hated dogs, but there’s just too big of sample size in October and their only ring was in Covid.

Bumgarner, but it’s really close.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want someone to take you to the Playoffs, you chose Kershaw.

If you want someone to win the World Series, you chose Bumgarner.

I like winning the World Series, so Bumgarner is my pick.
Give me the best playoff pitcher over the best regular season pitcher any day.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me the best playoff pitcher over the best regular season pitcher any day.
I think it is hard, even for a Giants fan, to claim they would rather have Bum’s career than Kershaw’s career, but there is definitely SOMETHING to his post-season woes. Whether it be nerves, managing, stamina (this would be my WAG) or something else, it really is beyond the SSS at this point.

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll take the surefire Hall Of Famer. Kershaw is an easy choice here. I’m actually surprised at how quickly and how badly Bumgarner tailed off after his early dominant years. Great postseason pitcher, for sure, but he hasn’t even been there since 2016.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll take the surefire Hall Of Famer. Kershaw is an easy choice here. I’m actually surprised at how quickly and how badly Bumgarner tailed off after his early dominant years. Great postseason pitcher, for sure, but he hasn’t even been there since 2016.
This is the easy answer. And not necessarily wrong.

But when the shit MATTERS, Bum is unparalleled. Morris, Mathewson, Gibson are all, obviously in the convo as well, but Bum equally deserves a seat at that table. While Kershaw continually ate shit when it mattered.

An Ace is a guy who you depend on when you NEED it. When EVERYTHING is on the line. And Bum demonstrated that he was that guy. Kershaw was amazing when “no one” was looking. But when the chips were in the middle of the table, he just couldn’t perform.