• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bulls at Suns

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is exactly why I have said for the past several days I would trade for Gasol. The Suns struggle mightily against slow it down, defensive, grind it out teams. Memphis, Chicago, San Antonio, they are 0-7 combined against those teams. When the jumpshots do not go in, having Gasol in the post would change everything for the Suns. The game slows down in the playoffs and turns into a halfcourt game and this team does not have a reliable post scorer. Markieff Morris is okay, but Gasol is a proven champion and has the experience.

By the way, after watching this game though, I was appalled by the Suns poor effort on defense throughout the game. They got manhandled by a team that lost by 29 points last night to the Kings. There is not much to say other than that.

I was also so disappointed that Len did not play tonight. Was he not available or something? This would have been a game that I think Len could have been a game changer in.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plumlee's entire game consists of putbacks and alley oops. I think Len should get a lot more playing time against the defensive minded teams. He is a better post up player and free throw shooter.

UA_Stapler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is exactly why I have said for the past several days I would trade for Gasol. The Suns struggle mightily against slow it down, defensive, grind it out teams. Memphis, Chicago, San Antonio, they are 0-7 combined against those teams. When the jumpshots do not go in, having Gasol in the post would change everything for the Suns. The game slows down in the playoffs and turns into a halfcourt game and this team does not have a reliable post scorer. Markieff Morris is okay, but Gasol is a proven champion and has the experience.

By the way, after watching this game though, I was appalled by the Suns poor effort on defense throughout the game. They got manhandled by a team that lost by 29 points last night to the Kings. There is not much to say other than that.

I was also so disappointed that Len did not play tonight. Was he not available or something? This would have been a game that I think Len could have been a game changer in.

I support getting Gasol as long as we make no long-term commitment contract wise, which sounds like is the case.

Tonight's game overall makes absolutely no sense at all, just like this entire season. Naturally tomorrow against Houston we will make 23 3-pointers and win by a convincing 28-point margin.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm predicting a win tomorrow and a big game from Green since James "No D" HAREN is going to guard him.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather us trade up and draft an NBA ready big man or trade for a young one like Greg Monroe.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say this, Dragic shot really well in the second half and played hard, but one assist in 35 minutes? That is really, really bad. The Suns missed open shots but Dragic is just not a creator the way a point guard should be. He is a shooting guard in a point guard's body. Even so, one assist is shocking for a point guard who everyone is claiming should be an all-star.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is so damn frustrating. Teams like the Grizzlies and Bulls just always have our number.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm warming up more and more to Pau.

It would be a nightmare if we gave up a first rounder for him and ended up not making the playoffs after all that, though. Doubt we'd re-sign him... but he wouldn't be a bad fit I suppose. He'd certainly help out in games like this.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm warming up more and more to Pau.

It would be a nightmare if we gave up a first rounder for him and ended up not making the playoffs after all that, though. Doubt we'd re-sign him... but he wouldn't be a bad fit I suppose. He'd certainly help out in games like this.

Yeah, the flexibility to play more than one style would be worthwhile; Tuffy was probably right about that point in the other thread.

I wonder if Gasol would be willing to accept coming off the bench, without complaint. Irrespective of the opponent, the Suns will want to try and run at the start of both halves, but if they're not able to do so successfully, and/or they need to grind out points in the fourth quarter, Gasol would constitute a great option.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering about Len, too.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering about Len, too.

Yeah I really hope that nothing is going on with Len, because he seemed to be solidifying his rotation spot lately. Now that he did not even play one minute in a game that seemed like the Suns could use him is alarming. His height and physically could have made an impact tonight.