• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Buffalo @ Syracuse | 8:00 PM EST | ESPN2

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i tend to agree

i'm pretty sold on Buffalo

Cuse is probably going to be in the same situation they've been in the past few years in March. 50/50 chance they make it to the NCAAT

Yeah, I would agree with that. They're going to have another weird resume, much like the last 3 seasons. Either way, I don't see anyway that this won't qualify as a quad 1 win for Buffalo. Buffalo is now 6-0 on the road(4-0 in true road games). If they can beat Marquette, and run the table(finishing 33-0), they have to be in contention for the a 1 seed. Of course I'm getting way ahead here, but they can probably afford 3/4 losses in conference play and still get an at-large. They aren't getting left out at like 29-4.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I would agree with that. They're going to have another weird resume, much like the last 3 seasons. Either way, I don't see anyway that this won't qualify as a quad 1 win for Buffalo. Buffalo is now 6-0 on the road(4-0 in true road games). If they can beat Marquette, and run the table(finishing 33-0), they have to be in contention for the a 1 seed. Of course I'm getting way ahead here, but they can probably afford 3/4 losses in conference play and still get an at-large. They aren't getting left out at like 29-4.

My guess is they lose to Marquette, then drop a few games in the MAC. MAC is a pretty good conference.

An undefeated record gets them I would say a #3 seed.

They've got a realistic shot. Them and Nevada. Nobody else has a prayer.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is they lose to Marquette, then drop a few games in the MAC. MAC is a pretty good conference.

An undefeated record gets them I would say a #3 seed.

They've got a realistic shot. Them and Nevada. Nobody else has a prayer.

Yeah the MAC is currently a top 10 conference according to KenPom and RPI, so to go through that without a loss would be pretty impressive. I too think they probably lose a game or two. But that will also give them some opportunities to pick up a bunch of quad 2 wins with Kent St, Toledo, Ball State and Ohio are currently qualifying(at least if it were a road game). If they can get by Marquette they should be 23-0 heading into their road game at Toledo on Feb 16.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easiest money of the day. You don't get 3.5-4 points AND the better team hardly ever.

I'm not sure Cuse is even going to be a bubble team though

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the MAC is currently a top 10 conference according to KenPom and RPI, so to go through that without a loss would be pretty impressive. I too think they probably lose a game or two. But that will also give them some opportunities to pick up a bunch of quad 2 wins with Kent St, Toledo, Ball State and Ohio are currently qualifying(at least if it were a road game). If they can get by Marquette they should be 23-0 heading into their road game at Toledo on Feb 16.

I think a lot of people underrate the MAC too from year to year. It’s such a grind it out conference and it’s very hard to win on the road vs the top half of the league. It almost works against itself late in the year when the top teams try to gain at large recognition. Let’s see if Buffalo can distance themselves.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i tend to agree

i'm pretty sold on Buffalo

Cuse is probably going to be in the same situation they've been in the past few years in March. 50/50 chance they make it to the NCAAT

SU has never made the dance after losing 3 games in December.