• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Buffalo Bills @ Denver Broncos

elijah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,097.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if we lose we're just the typical Bills. However, if we happen to win this city will be absolutely buzzing.

I realistically like our chance, I don't expect us to win, but I think we have a shot at winning. We going to show them a look that they haven't seen before, being able to bring the amount of pressure that we do with just 4 guys. Not too mention that Peyton had a very, very off week last week.

Here's too hoping that something exciting and pretty extreme happens tomorrow :suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a fun one. I for one do not know what to expect. The Broncos do seem to finally have figured out their OL issues and the last couple of games have been much better at both run and pass blocking but at the same time we haven't gone against a DL quite like this one because well there just isn't a better one in my opinion. I will say though the key for Buffalo will not be stopping Peyton but I think actually stopping the run game. The last couple weeks the Broncos have become a running team. The teams who have beat us this year are the ones who have forced us to become one-dimensional and pass most of the game. So to me the two keys will be stopping the run and getting out to an early lead. If that doesn't happen then this one could get away from the Bills in a hurry. I would say a couple of turnovers wouldn't hurt either but the Broncos have been one of the best at not turning it over.

Really this game does seem strength against strength. The Broncos are giving up the least number of sacks while the Bills have the most sacks. The Bills have the 2nd most turnovers forced while the Broncos are 4th in the league at not turning the ball over.

Another cool stat is the Broncos have played 6 games against opponents ranked in the top-8 for scoring defense. So far they are 5-1 in those games with the lone loss to the Seahawks. They have averaged 30 points a game in those games...So they are just a hair shy of their season average when they play the top defenses.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always find Bill's and Lions games fun to watch,i was watching a show about the faithful Bill's fans and how this one guy and his friends walk two miles in the snow to go to this one bar where they have cheered for the Bills since their fathers started going there it is a tradition with them i guess and they will soon have three generations of pictures of the same families on the walls there.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way i always can't grasp that the Bills have or are the only team ever to go to four consecutive SB's and lose,that is just ,well depressing to even contemplate.

elijah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,097.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a fun one. I for one do not know what to expect. The Broncos do seem to finally have figured out their OL issues and the last couple of games have been much better at both run and pass blocking but at the same time we haven't gone against a DL quite like this one because well there just isn't a better one in my opinion. I will say though the key for Buffalo will not be stopping Peyton but I think actually stopping the run game. The last couple weeks the Broncos have become a running team. The teams who have beat us this year are the ones who have forced us to become one-dimensional and pass most of the game. So to me the two keys will be stopping the run and getting out to an early lead. If that doesn't happen then this one could get away from the Bills in a hurry. I would say a couple of turnovers wouldn't hurt either but the Broncos have been one of the best at not turning it over.

Really this game does seem strength against strength. The Broncos are giving up the least number of sacks while the Bills have the most sacks. The Bills have the 2nd most turnovers forced while the Broncos are 4th in the league at not turning the ball over.

Another cool stat is the Broncos have played 6 games against opponents ranked in the top-8 for scoring defense. So far they are 5-1 in those games with the lone loss to the Seahawks. They have averaged 30 points a game in those games...So they are just a hair shy of their season average when they play the top defenses.

The city hasn't made too big of a deal for the game, I'm assuming because they for want to go through letdown and it's not a home game. The actual team though seems to be more focused on this game than any in a longtime.

However, I truly think our front 4 gives us a decent chance in this game. We should be able to stop the running game.

If we find a way to win, it'll be our biggest win in a very, very longtime. If we win, this city will be a very happy place

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree that front-4 gives you guys a chance in any game. I can't wait to see them going after Tom Brady here in a couple of weeks. Believe me there are no Bronco fans considering this a foregone conclusion that we have this one won. It definitely helps this being a home game as Manning rarely loses at home plus the team finding a run game recently has made this offense maybe the most dangerous it has been since Manning took over but I will say if there is a team that can really throw that off without having to send lots of extra guys it is definitely the Bills.

The question I have for you though is what about the Bills offense? Not seeing much that leaves me worried about the Broncos stopping Orton and the Bills. I do think the Bills defense can contain the Broncos offense for the most part but I still think the Bills are going to have to put up at least 20 points to win this one. Who on your offense has been that unknown outside of Buffalo that you think could give the Broncos fits? I just don't know your team all that well other than Orton because of his time here.

elijah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,097.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree that front-4 gives you guys a chance in any game. I can't wait to see them going after Tom Brady here in a couple of weeks. Believe me there are no Bronco fans considering this a foregone conclusion that we have this one won. It definitely helps this being a home game as Manning rarely loses at home plus the team finding a run game recently has made this offense maybe the most dangerous it has been since Manning took over but I will say if there is a team that can really throw that off without having to send lots of extra guys it is definitely the Bills.

The question I have for you though is what about the Bills offense? Not seeing much that leaves me worried about the Broncos stopping Orton and the Bills. I do think the Bills defense can contain the Broncos offense for the most part but I still think the Bills are going to have to put up at least 20 points to win this one. Who on your offense has been that unknown outside of Buffalo that you think could give the Broncos fits? I just don't know your team all that well other than Orton because of his time here.

We have a ton of small guys that randomly chip in. There's Robert Woods, Scott Chandler (very rare that he comes up big), Marquise Gray, Boobie Dixon, Chris Hogan

I think if we hold the Broncos to 21 or less and Watkins an Woods have big receiving games, then we have a good shot at winning 24-21. If the Bills win, it's going to be either a close game, or a low scoring one. That's te only guarantee about the game.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Broncos board I said I don't expect the Broncos to run away with this game, but to pull away late. I gave it a score of 27-10 Broncos, and I envision a close game going into the 4th quarter with the Broncos icing it on a long TD drive at some point in that period of the game.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be frozen with shock if the Bills won. Broncos don't lose at home. Peyton v. Kyle Orton in the QB battle...I know where my $ is.

elijah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,097.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs hve been absolutely disgusting. I'm about ready to turn my TV off

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never got my hopes up. Expecting a win in Denver is high hopes.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game by Watkins. Almost makes you forget they mortgaged next year's draft as well for a guy that has played 8 games where he didn't eclipse 35 yards.

Refs were terrible, but Bills still would have lost. It's just unfortunate when the officials taint games like that.

Hey, at least they aren't 6-10!!!

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game just shows that we are only a QB away from contending. I know that is a big thing but the rest of the team looks legit.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And play calling. 55 passes is pitiful.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say very impressed by the Bills defense. They are no joke that is for sure. Man those safeties were flying around. I'm just happy none of the Broncos got hurt beyond a few bumps and bruises. They make you pay for coming across the middle. And while that DL didn't register a sack you could tell the Broncos were wanting to limit those opportunities even if that meant taking the ball out of Peyton's hands in this one.

Like some of you have said you are a quarterback away from making NE a thing of the past. Any of you have faith that Manuel can become that next year?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I sure don't.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have no franchise QB. They will not get one next year because 1) They destroyed a chance of that by ditching their #1 pick for a WR in this draft (I know...with no QB, seems odd to mortgage your future that way, but it's the Bills); and 2) The Bills are too stupid to get a great QB with a first round pick...you can only imagine what they'll do without one

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And 3)... there are no franchise QBs for next year's draft.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. I do agree it's not as deep as other drafts, but some think Marriota and Winston are that type of QB.

The more disturbing part isn't so much that they won't be able to draft a QB in the first round, but that they won't be able to draft anyone.

elijah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,097.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson, what are you? Do you root for the Bills, did you grow up here, what is it?

I have to say, your posting is rather irritating.

It's one thing to realize the truth, it's another to be an aggravating pessissimist about every single thing related to the team.