• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bucs trade Brian Price to the Bears for a 7th round pick

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
according to Schefter. Here's an article (without the 7th rounder tidbit).

Bucs make more moves on a busy day, cut 2011 TD leader | ProFootballTalk

What's also is interesting is the Bucs cut Dezmon Briscoe (lead TB in rec TDs last year). He was a no-show for voluntary workouts and even before that he missed some scheduled pre-draft workouts due to a personal issue that was never disclosed. There are alot of possible commitment issues surrounding him, and I could probably find at least a handful of other available WRs I'd like to add on a potential developmental basis, but he would be an intriguing signing if one felt comfortable with his issues.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? I would of gladly taken him off their hands. All though I'm not sure where he would fit in with our Defense. Good pick up for the Bears IMO.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
All though I'm not sure where he would fit in with our Defense. Good pick up for the Bears IMO.

I don't think there's any way he would've.

He hasn't exactly lived up to expectations, and he's cemented my wariness of all UCLA players.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He hasn't exactly lived up to expectations, and he's cemented my wariness of all UCLA players.

Mainly due to injuries from what I've seen/heard. He definitely belongs in a 4-3. He struggles when he's double teamed, but he has a very quick inside move when he's not (or at least he did in college).

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Especially on defense! Just stay away. You might be tempted but just don't do it!

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
WTF? I would of gladly taken him off their hands. All though I'm not sure where he would fit in with our Defense. Good pick up for the Bears IMO.

I would not be too sure about that. Price still has a lot of emotional baggage stemming from a family tragedy. Earlier in the off season, he punched Barron, the Bucs' first round draft pick

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be too sure about that. Price still has a lot of emotional baggage stemming from a family tragedy. Earlier in the off season, he punched Barron, the Bucs' first round draft pick

For a 7th round pick i like it. If it was a higher pick then it would be a different story. Lots of players punch other team mates. Steve Smith punched a guy, but it doesn't mean he's not a good player. Sure it was an unfortunate incident with Price, but maybe his emotions got the best of him in a difficult time. If he punched him for no reason i would be more concerned.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially on defense! Just stay away. You might be tempted but just don't do it!

Hey Alteraun Verner isn't bad, and the jury is still out on Akeem Ayers. Price is a headcase and Rahim Moore was overrated.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

7th round pick.

I repeat, 7th round pick.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Price's role for Chicago
7:49AM ET
Brian Price | Buccaneers Recommend3Comments0EmailEarlier this offseason, Tampa Bay Buccaneers DT Brian Price and the club's 2012 first-round pick, Mark Barron, were involved in an altercation. Thereafter, Bucs HC Greg Schiano indicated that he didn't expect there to be any hard feelings between the two. As of Thursday, it's somewhat of a moot point: according to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, Price has been traded to the Chicago Bears for a late-round pick in 2013.

As with any trade, the move is contingent upon Price passing his physical with his new team, and that's no slam dunk: as Schefter notes, the UCLA product has battled hamstring issues.

For the Bucs, this likely means that Amobi Okoye and Gerald McCoy will be the starting duo on the inside of the D-line. As for the Bears, Price will push starting DTs Henry Melton and Matt Toeaina, adding to their depth if nothing else.

- Tim Kavanagh​

Kevin Seifert
He could have an extensive role this season

"Price is actually a pretty good player who needed a fresh start. Once he gets comfortable, I would consider him a candidate for substantial playing time, if not a starting job."