• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruins- Leafs Playoff Series

LAOJoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redemption for Franson.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the carrier was the focus of attention there with the breakaway. It could have been a Penalty Shot.

Toronto has been allowed to take runs at Bruins players all series. All we ask for is a game with fair reffing but it seems to be too much to ask for

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orr with a charge not called. Yup, going to be an uphill battle for the Bruins

LAOJoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Chara gets called for high sticking but it's ok for Orr to use him for a punching bag minutes earlier?
Letting them play means ignoring physical contact penalties. Not too much boarding/holding/roughing/charging, etc. Chara's first highstick was ignored, this one was just too obvious on the breakaway.

As for Orr if they let him and others do it all series then it would be stupid not to continue to do it now. FYI I was calling him dumb for playing Chara instead of the puck in that situation you mentioned.

LAOJoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto has been allowed to take runs at Bruins players all series. All we ask for is a game with fair reffing but it seems to be too much to ask for
Trust me you see it that way because you watch the Boston POV. It seems the other way around at times from the Toronto POV. I think it has been very fair. The reason Toronto may be getting a slight edge has nothing to do with favouritism but the refs letting them play as I mentioned last post. Toronto is usually the more physical team aside from Chara, and he has gotten away with alot as well this series.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letting them play means ignoring physical contact penalties. Not too much boarding/holding/roughing/charging, etc. Chara's first highstick was ignored, this one was just too obvious on the breakaway.

As for Orr if they let him and others do it all series then it would be stupid not to continue to do it now. FYI I was calling him dumb for playing Chara instead of the puck in that situation you mentioned.

:L

Here is the stat.

Leafs 2 PP's 1 goal

Bruins 0 PP's 1 goal

IN BOSTONS BARN

I have already seen 3 or 4 things that could be called interference on the Leafs but nothing.

How much you wanna bet the Bruins get a PP with .58 seconds left in period?

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not when it means a 2-0 PP advantage. Refs aren't supposed to affect the outcome of games by being inconsistent or biased. Don't be calling selective penalties.

LAOJoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again letting them play means ignoring interference for the most part. Refs aren't cheating or anything. So what if Toronto had 2 PPs? A trip and a highstick. Those are must calls. Toronto did NOTHING this game that these refs considered a penalty all series.

And "Refs aren't supposed to affect the outcome of games by being inconsistent or biased. Don't be calling selective penalties."

You are just upset at how it's going. As I have already stated they have been very consistent in the types of penalties and what is allowed to slide. No bias and they aren't purposely affecting the outcome of the game. Get over it.

Last edited by a moderator:

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again letting them play means ignoring interference for the most part. Refs aren't cheating or anything. So what if Toronto had 2 PPs? A trip and a highstick. Those are must calls. Toronto did NOTHING these refs considered a penalty all series.

And "Refs aren't supposed to affect the outcome of games by being inconsistent or biased. Don't be calling selective penalties."

You are just upset at how it's going. As I have already stated they have been very consistent in the types of penalties and what is allowed to slide. No bias and they aren't purposely affecting the outcome of the game. Get over it.

Nah. How bout you get over 100 posts before you troll the NHL forums

LAOJoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways moving on, Toronto needed that goal badly. They were asleep until then. Now it's anyone's game.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:
Again letting them play means ignoring interference for the most part. Refs aren't cheating or anything. So what if Toronto had 2 PPs? A trip and a highstick. Those are must calls. Toronto did NOTHING this game that these refs considered a penalty all series.

How are trips "must calls" but charging or interference not? Might as well force the Bruins to play with no goaltender

LAOJoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. How bout you get over 100 posts before you troll the NHL forums
Weak. I base my argument on facts and you resort to calling me a troll based on number of posts. Nice way to welcome fans on a site. You must be proud.

LAOJoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You disagree with me because it has to be the refs against Boston so you both troll me by calling me a troll. Bravo.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weak. I base my argument on facts and you resort to calling me a troll based on number of posts. Nice way to welcome fans on a site. You must be proud.

I dont much give a shit what you think TBH.

Dont like the kickback dont troll the forum

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How is saying tripping is a must call but charging and interference should be let go basing your argument on facts? That's nothing more than a biased statement reeking with homerism. And welcome to the fucking boards!!! We use words like fuck, douchebag and even **** here, enjoy.

LAOJoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:

How are trips "must calls" but charging or interference not? Might as well force the Bruins to play with no goaltender
You obviously never watch playoff Hockey. ANYONE knows letting them play means discounting roughhousing. That means not calling many penalties for body on body contact and a certain degree of interference. Penalties like tripping, highsticking, slashing and breaking a stick, and delay of game when seen by a ref cannot really be ignored as being a rough hockey game, they gotta be called when noticed.