• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruce miller out for remainder of season

Pharcyde

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as they say he does, I'm assuming we play more McDonald or celek which should I think make the pass game more versatile.
Where it will hurt is the run game.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shoulder blade

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is very bad news. We can never stay healthy going into the playoffs

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as they say he does, I'm assuming we play more McDonald or celek which should I think make the pass game more versatile.
Where it will hurt is the run game.

I don't know if you know this but Miller was the 3rd leading receiver. It hurts the offense more then people think.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is very bad news. We can never stay healthy going into the playoffs

Weren't we super healthy two playoffs ago?

Some teams lose players like QBs, RBs, starting CBs. If all we are down heading into the playoffs is our nickle CB and our fullback I would say we are actually pretty lucky on the injury front.

Of course that's assuming Potty, Lobsterbush, McDonald, etc. are healthy enough to play and make an impact three weeks from now.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The loss of Miller sucks. But overall we are very healthy.

BTW, whats up with Crabtree's hand... Anyone know?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some teams lose players like QBs, RBs, starting CBs. If all we are down heading into the playoffs is our nickle CB and our fullback I would say we are actually pretty lucky on the injury front.

Of course that's assuming Potty, Lobsterbush, McDonald, etc. are healthy enough to play and make an impact three weeks from now.

Nope we had no WRs. We lost B. Edwards and another WR. Last year Mario, Williams and J. Smith was banged up bad and A. Smith was hurt.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know if you know this but Miller was the 3rd leading receiver. It hurts the offense more then people think.

Could be a silver lining along those lines:

"The 49ers also have the option of using more three-wide receiver sets than they have in the past. The team's third wide receiver, Mario Manningham, has one catch for two yards in the last three games. Manningham played only 14 of 74 offensive snaps Sunday against the Buccaneers. Miller played 41 snaps, despite leaving the game with 7 minutes remaining.

Read more here: 49ers Blog and Q&A: Source: 49ers work out sometimes-FB Will Tukuafu

Pharcyde

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I sure did.... He was more of a dump off with little threat to a defense. Figure having someone more explosive in place in passing downs might help. As I said originally, it's the running game where his absence will be most affected. Unless you think he's a better receiver than say celek, McDonald, Patton, and manningham him being the 3rd in receptions isn't that big a deal.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This hurts our passing game and our running game. Not good at all. Lets see what Dixon can do as a FB.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Starting NT, too. But agreed, virtually no teams are entirely healthy at this point, and at least we're getting healthy.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Nothing official yet but some rumblings of Tukuafu heading back to SF.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting NT, too. But agreed, virtually no teams are entirely healthy at this point, and at least we're getting healthy.

Right, forgot about Williams.

Ian, we hardly knew ye.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers also have the option of using more three-wide receiver sets than they have in the past. The team's third wide receiver, Mario Manningham, has one catch for two yards in the last three games. Manningham played only 14 of 74 offensive snaps Sunday against the Buccaneers.

Maybe it is just me, but Manningham has looked far from OK since he's come back. I'm sure some of the 14 of 74 stat is because SF runs a bunch of 2 WR sets, but I also think the coaches have decided to ease him back slowly as I'm guessing he's a bit tentative coming back from his knee injury.

And with teams having some success stacking the box against Gore the last few weeks it will be nice to watch the passing offense continue to mature with Manningham and Crabtree back and continuing to strengthen their sea legs.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
miller is an excellent blocker. this is a huge loss