• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruce Arians to be Bucs Next HC

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to save Winston. Good move for the offense. If he can bring Bowles that's a great combo.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he gets rid of that stupid hat.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retirement is fake news when it comes to head coaches in the NFL.

Kinda weird he would pull that card and take the Bucs job, but I guess he likes Winston.

My guess is that he thinks that even if he fails with Winston that he’s got enough juice to build with a veteran QB the year after.

They’ve got some nice weapons on offense.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce retired because he was supposedly on the verge of a heart attack at any moment.

Have fun trying to not die while coaching Winston.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Arians calls games, I expect a lot more Winston int's.
Idk what he sees in Winston, but the QB's in this class ain't it outside of Haskins, and big yikes if you need a QB and can't get Haskins without selling the farm and your soul.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arians is a strange human being

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk what he sees in Winston, but the QB's in this class ain't it outside of Haskins, and big yikes if you need a QB and can't get Haskins without selling the farm and your soul.
Yeah, I'm with you. Arians loves taking deep shots and I don't know how he figures that is any way to cure Winston's problems. That was the Bucs problem this year with Winston and Fitz from what little I saw. Trying to make those big plays and giving the ball to the other team time after time. The all or nothing approach doesn't work with QB's like that. 26 int's could turn into 30+.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retirement is fake news when it comes to head coaches in the NFL.

Kinda weird he would pull that card and take the Bucs job, but I guess he likes Winston.

Has to.

No other reason to take this job. Bowles (if he's the guy) would have some solid pcs on DEF and could probably get more out of that group, but TB needs to be more consistent on OFC.

ATL will bounce back to be at least a 10 win team imo . If Brees doesn't retire, you have probably the 4th best QB in the DIV.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Arians time in Indy.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm with you. Arians loves taking deep shots and I don't know how he figures that is any way to cure Winston's problems. That was the Bucs problem this year with Winston and Fitz from what little I saw. Trying to make those big plays and giving the ball to the other team time after time. The all or nothing approach doesn't work with QB's like that. 26 int's could turn into 30+.

I think Fitz started feeling his own press clippings and agree he got caught up in the magic....but that largely was the OFC passing game...a lot of 5 step drops.

When Winston is not giving the ball away, he's not a bad QB...I guess you can say that about any QB, but apparently Arians thinks he can make something more out of him....I think he'll stay 2 yrs and re-retire.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fitz started feeling his own press clippings and agree he got caught up in the magic....but that largely was the OFC passing game...a lot of 5 step drops.

When Winston is not giving the ball away, he's not a bad QB...I guess you can say that about any QB, but apparently Arians thinks he can make something more out of him....I think he'll stay 2 yrs and re-retire.
I agree. Actually, they had one of the best offenses in the league but as you say, a lot of 5 step drops and way too many turn-overs. Hard to be consistent at a -18 diff.
The thing with Arians is that he loves those deep drops. Carson Palmer was better than either of those guys and look at what happened with him. I just can't see this being a good marriage.