• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

browns week.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will the browns wake up and find their groove against the stumblin' fumblin' dunce-a-lot play calling Bengals. or will the Bengals stay a comfortable 3 points ahead the entire game, you know, just to keep it interesting.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will the browns wake up and find their groove against the stumblin' fumblin' dunce-a-lot play calling Bengals. or will the Bengals stay a comfortable 3 points ahead the entire game, you know, just to keep it interesting.
Interesting week to be playing Cleveland. I have to think that the crowd is primed to boo Watson and that offense every chance they get. They are desperate to make a change. Winston is scary - He's a guy that could come in and throw four touchdowns or throw 4 interceptions. You just don't know.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting week to be playing Cleveland. I have to think that the crowd is primed to boo Watson and that offense every chance they get. They are desperate to make a change. Winston is scary - He's a guy that could come in and throw four touchdowns or throw 4 interceptions. You just don't know.
they should see what they have in their young QB, but they got some retards running that organization. they should really just let the browns move to another city, change their name, and let the Bengals build a new stadium in Columbus. we would call them "the Buckeyed Brown Bengals"

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they should see what they have in their young QB, but they got some retards running that organization. --->they should really just let the browns move to another city,<---- change their name, and let the Bengals build a new stadium in Columbus. we would call them "the Buckeyed Brown Bengals"

Hell no!

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you'll love the future cat-dogs, and you'll like it. meanwhile your current browns, will make the playoffs as the London Knights of the Round Table. Literally no one will care in London, but then they will learn that there is beer and cheerleaders and they will be like, Okay, why the f not.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mentioned this in the other thread, but....

This is another week where the defense needs to show it is moving in the right direction. Cleveland has not broken 20 points (17 is their season high) all year. If they come in to Cincinnati and put up 20+, I think that is very, very concerning. Especially if they make Watson look like a competent NFL QB, which he has not all year.

It may be needed because Burrow has, IIRC, not typically fared well against Cleveland's defense. Taylor is going to need to be on his best game-calling behavior because inter-division teams know what teams want to do. Maybe it was a good time for the Bengals to have a down week offensively this past Sunday when the defense played lights out - because hopefully they'll bounce back this week and do well against a team they've struggled against.

Bengals finally won a game where they played poorly, and that is a step in the right direction to getting the season back on the rails. Bengals are better than Cleveland, and need to put another week together to really show they can get the season back on track. If not - we can start talking about draft picks and where this team will be in the draft order.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mentioned this in the other thread, but....

This is another week where the defense needs to show it is moving in the right direction. Cleveland has not broken 20 points (17 is their season high) all year. If they come in to Cincinnati and put up 20+, I think that is very, very concerning. Especially if they make Watson look like a competent NFL QB, which he has not all year.

It may be needed because Burrow has, IIRC, not typically fared well against Cleveland's defense. Taylor is going to need to be on his best game-calling behavior because inter-division teams know what teams want to do. Maybe it was a good time for the Bengals to have a down week offensively this past Sunday when the defense played lights out - because hopefully they'll bounce back this week and do well against a team they've struggled against.

Bengals finally won a game where they played poorly, and that is a step in the right direction to getting the season back on the rails. Bengals are better than Cleveland, and need to put another week together to really show they can get the season back on track. If not - we can start talking about draft picks and where this team will be in the draft order.

The giants pass rush was highly effective. I think I saw Mims blow multiple blocks, he seemed outmatched at times. I'm not sure what the ratings were like for the OL that game. Also, Burrow would hold on to the ball a bit too long at times. Yeah, we project way too much what we are going to do.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The giants pass rush was highly effective. I think I saw Mims blow multiple blocks, he seemed outmatched at times. I'm not sure what the ratings were like for the OL that game. Also, Burrow would hold on to the ball a bit too long at times. Yeah, we project way too much what we are going to do.
Mims missed 2 blocks. There was a thread on twitter with it....once was a missed snap and the other was a missed stunt of some kind. Nearly every other pass-block attempt was effective.

I'll take that from a rookie RT - dude is going to be elite.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mims missed 2 blocks. There was a thread on twitter with it....once was a missed snap and the other was a missed stunt of some kind. Nearly every other pass-block attempt was effective.

I'll take that from a rookie RT - dude is going to be elite.
yea, live and learn

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's bad is the mega bucks we are spending on Orlando Brown and his grades looking like that. Erick All had a pretty bad run blocking game Sunday night also.
IIRC, Brown has been one of the better overall blockers in the NFL....just a rough night in general for the OL - the Giants DL is good - but, again, I think they could have been helped with a bit more focus on the run game to help slow things down....

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC, Brown has been one of the better overall blockers in the NFL....just a rough night in general for the OL - the Giants DL is good - but, again, I think they could have been helped with a bit more focus on the run game to help slow things down....
Fair enough

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think Brown has had a great season. He looked shaky the other night, but Burns is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL and he doesn't get to see him often. Lets see how he holds up against Garrett (though he moves quite a bit).

I haven't seen Cappa's season grades, but he had a down year last year and it looks like a rough night on Sunday. They need to start developing another guard or two through the next draft.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to jump on them early. This team is moving into tank mode and that is probably their best overall option. Keep Watson playing with the hopes that he at least shows enough that some other desperate team might trade for him if Cleveland absorbs a large portion of the guarantee. If not, they cut him and take the cap hit. Trade assets and build up draft capital with the idea of drafting a QB which would help with their other dead cap issues (including the massive dead cap on Watson). If they still had hope for the season, they would have kept Cooper and started Winston, but it's clear that they don't...... Can't afford to get beat by a team that doesn't want to win.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to jump on them early. This team is moving into tank mode and that is probably their best overall option. Keep Watson playing with the hopes that he at least shows enough that some other desperate team might trade for him if Cleveland absorbs a large portion of the guarantee. If not, they cut him and take the cap hit. Trade assets and build up draft capital with the idea of drafting a QB which would help with their other dead cap issues (including the massive dead cap on Watson). If they still had hope for the season, they would have kept Cooper and started Winston, but it's clear that they don't...... Can't afford to get beat by a team that doesn't want to win.
If you get up early - you force the game into Watson's hands, and help the defense by making their offense very one-dimensional in an area that has been very poor to date.

This is going to show us a bit more about the defense. Sunday Night was a step in the right direction, but bigger to me is this week and a game like the Raiders - where the defense should be able to dominate the majority of the game against a very poor offense. If those offenses move the ball and put up points - there are bigger issues at hand. Everyone is healthy. Everyone is back (except Hill who is out for the year). No more excuses. Lou needs to figure out a way to get it done.

On the bright side - McKinley and Jenkins have both looked to be very good. As the season progresses - I do expect them to be better and help that DL. Rankins, obviously helps...but they still need more pass-rush outside of Trey. Got to find a way to make it happen. Once again, Hendrickson had 2 sacks - no one else had a single sack, or shared sack. This is a major issue.