• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns HC Kevin Stefanski Wins COtY by 1 Vote Over Texans HC DeMeco Ryans

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought John Harbaugh should have won it.

Any coach that can win with a punt returner playing QB is coach of the fucking century.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Am I wrong?

Ravens were 4-5 when Lamar started his first game. Had he not turned their season around, Harbaugh is gone after that season.

Their record is 40% worse when he doesn't play. Who needs who more?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I wrong?

Ravens were 4-5 when Lamar started his first game. Had he not turned their season around, Harbaugh is gone after that season.

Their record is 40% worse when he doesn't play. Who needs who more?
The Ravens are one of the most well coached teams in the league.
I am absolutely positive Harbaugh would survive without Lamar.
In fact I dont ever see the Ravens winning a Superbowl with Lamar. (been saying that for years)
I could see Harbaugh doing it without Lamar. (well he has) So I think my answer is pretty evident on who needs who.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens are one of the most well coached teams in the league.
I am absolutely positive Harbaugh would survive without Lamar.
In fact I dont ever see the Ravens winning a Superbowl with Lamar. (been saying that for years)
I could see Harbaugh doing it without Lamar. (well he has) So I think my answer is pretty evident on who needs who.

Harbaugh could definitely still coach in this league, but he'd be gone on the Ravens after 2018

Harbaugh did do it without Lamar, and with 3-4 hall of famers that were on the team before he became coach
Once all those players left/retired, that team had little success. Must not remember how mediocre they were after they won the super bowl until Lamar arrived.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Suns is kinda correct. Harbaugh has done fuck all with some talented teams, and a multi-map winning QB. At least Tomlin has the excuse of having shit QB play most of the last 5+ years now. If Harbaugh did not have a ring, he would have been fired by now.

Worth noting: Very, very few HC-QB combos ever win a SB if they don't win one in their first 5 years together

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh could definitely still coach in this league, but he'd be gone on the Ravens after 2018

Harbaugh did do it without Lamar, and with 3-4 hall of famers that were on the team before he became coach
Once all those players left/retired, that team had little success. Must not remember how mediocre they were after they won the super bowl until Lamar arrived.

Blue Suns is kinda correct. Harbaugh has done fuck all with some talented teams, and a multi-map winning QB. At least Tomlin has the excuse of having shit QB play most of the last 5+ years now. If Harbaugh did not have a ring, he would have been fired by now.

Worth noting: Very, very few HC-QB combos ever win a SB if they don't win one in their first 5 years together
Well Harbaugh has a complete team right now. That he built. Defense, Special teams & Running game.
Ravens defense held the other team to 20 or less points something like 14 times this season. I would take Harbaugh in a heartbeat if he was available.
Now I understand I am in the minority in my thinking. So we dont have to go back & forth. I already understand this.
I believe QBs like Lamar (Mike Vick) are Coach killers. They make spectacular plays & everyone thinks they are MVPs & how could you lose with them. When in reality they hinder offenses. (again IMO) That offense will only be as good as that one player plays that weekend.
Where as a more traditional QB the strength of that offense can pivot & come from different areas of the offense.
I would take a Drew Brees type QB over a Lamar/Vick type every time.
I think people will be waiting a very long time before that type ever wins a Superbowl.