• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brown family up to it's old habits again

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cincinnati graded well in some areas, such as receiving “A” grades for strength coaches and training staff. But Paycor Stadium shows its age in others, with the training room receiving a “D-” and locker room receiving a “D” grade.

Those are far from the most concerning spots.

The Bengals received an “F” for treatment of families, tied for last place, with the following note: “Players report that there is nowhere safe and warm for mothers and children to go during the game, and that breastfeeding mothers have sat on the public restroom floor to nurse their babies.”

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a slow process - The organization has changed a ton over the last few years and they continue to expand the weight room. My assumption is that when they take over Hilltop and build a permanent indoor facility, they'll have more of an expansive locker room.

The nutrition/food thing is a little odd - You'd think for a team that doesn't provide anything, we would struggle with players being out of shape and those sorts of issues. But, that's not been the case at all. If you draft the right players, they tend to take care of themselves. I'd also point out that the players lives in Cincinnati are much easier with respect to commute times and opportunities to live close to facilities. There is probably much less of a need to have all food delivered to the facility (though I acknowledge it would be a nice touch).

The players family stuff is interesting - My assumption is that Katie and Elizabeth will fix that one rather quickly.

I think it's funny how little this stuff actually impacts on-field performance or FA acquisition. The Chiefs were 29th in this poll.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a slow process - The organization has changed a ton over the last few years and they continue to expand the weight room. My assumption is that when they take over Hilltop and build a permanent indoor facility, they'll have more of an expansive locker room.

The nutrition/food thing is a little odd - You'd think for a team that doesn't provide anything, we would struggle with players being out of shape and those sorts of issues. But, that's not been the case at all. If you draft the right players, they tend to take care of themselves. I'd also point out that the players lives in Cincinnati are much easier with respect to commute times and opportunities to live close to facilities. There is probably much less of a need to have all food delivered to the facility (though I acknowledge it would be a nice touch).

The players family stuff is interesting - My assumption is that Katie and Elizabeth will fix that one rather quickly.

I think it's funny how little this stuff actually impacts on-field performance or FA acquisition. The Chiefs were 29th in this poll.
The good thing is - these are really easy fixes.

Hire the Chefs to be there on non-mandatory days. I get not having a full array of stuff on those days, but you should have something open for guys who come in, and WANT to have those to help entice guys to come in on those days.

Have the trainers provide the needed vitamins.

Easy fixes....thankfully.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it doesn't seem that long ago, this stadium is also 23 years old. It can use some modern advances. I am sure they will do things. I think having a state of the art cafeteria would be nice, but I don't think food should be free to the players. Get their special trainers and unique diets set for the week and the cafeteria can help provide those as the players pay for them.

I will not side with the multi-millionaires over the multi-billionaires on this case. I don't think this list really says anything about the players demanding anything, only these are things that can be improved. I am fine with that as long as the players and coaches don't expect a free hand out on the food. Don't want to pay for your breakfast or lunch, brown bag that shit like everyone else in America. Consumables shouldn't be free, except maybe the big ass coolers of Gatorade for hydration and safety.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Brown family normally has players best interests in mind - Their execution isn't always in the right place though and they have never been great about getting in front of an issue in the media. My guess is that this has a lot to do with technicalities in the law and nothing else. I'm sure there are a lot of issues with workers laws in the state of Ohio and it's not shocking that team that is family-run and full of lawyers would have objections to the way the laws are applied and who is actually benefiting from such laws. I hope the full story emerges.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Brown family normally has players best interests in mind - Their execution isn't always in the right place though and they have never been great about getting in front of an issue in the media. My guess is that this has a lot to do with technicalities in the law and nothing else. I'm sure there are a lot of issues with workers laws in the state of Ohio and it's not shocking that team that is family-run and full of lawyers would have objections to the way the laws are applied and who is actually benefiting from such laws. I hope the full story emerges.
Very nice take. I hope this is the case.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
resign Pratt.....F the weight room. lift cats or whatever you have.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all didn't think Butch Hobson was going to let some player survey get the last laugh on this one, did you?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all didn't think Butch Hobson was going to let some player survey get the last laugh on this one, did you?

hobs gets er done