• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos watch playoff loss to Ravens after every win game in 2013

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to say it. But everyone knows what I am thinking.

:suds:

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And her is why-

As an anecdote, Perea used the University of Alabama’s football program, one that perennially contends for the national title at the collegiate level.
“You can hang around that program for two weeks and never hear the word ‘win,’” Perea said. “It’s not about winning. It’s about the process that it takes to get there. I think the Broncos are doing a great job in terms of emphasizing the process.”
And the biggest part of that process right now is to focus on each and every mistake they’re making — minuscule though they may seem after a perfect 4-0 start.
So infuriating though it may be, that’s why you’ll never get Peyton Manning to admit he’s having one of the greatest seasons for a quarterback in NFL history. It may also be why players like Von Miller, who have shown a tendency to celebrate personal accomplishments in the midst of team failures (see: Miller’s bucking Bronco dance late in 2012 loss to the Atlanta Falcons), seem to be falling out of favor with their Bronco teammates and coaches.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it. It is good for this team and for people in general these days in our ultra soft society.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this Bronco attitude. They are on a mission and it seems like everybody is focused on that mission. Anybody else noticed how Champ even though he has not been playing is over on the sidelines during games coaching up the young guys? I know Champ is a leader but he looks like even he has stepped up his game as a leader for this team.

I'm really hoping Von Miller has been watching all of this over the last month and when sitting in on meetings hears how his teammates have been talking and working together and comes back wanting to be a part of that attitude.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this Bronco attitude. They are on a mission and it seems like everybody is focused on that mission. Anybody else noticed how Champ even though he has not been playing is over on the sidelines during games coaching up the young guys? I know Champ is a leader but he looks like even he has stepped up his game as a leader for this team.

I'm really hoping Von Miller has been watching all of this over the last month and when sitting in on meetings hears how his teammates have been talking and working together and comes back wanting to be a part of that attitude.

What I really hope he has noticed is the 4-0 record the team has achieved without him. That should make things perfectly clear: ANYONE can be replaced. I don't think he has missed the hundreds of articles and stories about how he is the best defensive player on the Broncos team, second best in the league, etc. Missing him has not made the defense better, but they have been darn good without him. I hope he hasn't missed that.

Also, regarding Champ, he had one bad game last year, and it was the playoff game. I'm glad he's sitting and getting healthy right now. We could use him this week. Next week not so much though. I say he rests through the Jax game and returns fresh and healthy in time for the Indy game. That will leave him 10 regular season games and I think he'll be far more likely to have a high level of play through them and the playoffs without falling off like he did last year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I really hope he has noticed is the 4-0 record the team has achieved without him. That should make things perfectly clear: ANYONE can be replaced. I don't think he has missed the hundreds of articles and stories about how he is the best defensive player on the Broncos team, second best in the league, etc. Missing him has not made the defense better, but they have been darn good without him. I hope he hasn't missed that.

Also, regarding Champ, he had one bad game last year, and it was the playoff game. I'm glad he's sitting and getting healthy right now. We could use him this week. Next week not so much though. I say he rests through the Jax game and returns fresh and healthy in time for the Indy game. That will leave him 10 regular season games and I think he'll be far more likely to have a high level of play through them and the playoffs without falling off like he did last year.

Yeah I think Von Miller was getting quite the big head about himself there for a while. I know players have to play with a little bit of an edge but he definitely took things way too far way too often. I cannot wait to see what he can do when he comes back as there is nothing quite like having your name plastered all over the media for all the wrong reasons. I'm hoping he sees that his teammates still care for him and no matter how negative things get he knows he can count on his team for support. I would think that would make him want to play for his fellow teammates.

I definitely would love to see Champ on the field this week but again this is a long season and I would rather see him fully healthy for the playoffs even if that means losing one or two extra games without him during the regular season. If he doesn't play this week and he is healthy enough to play the Jaguars game I would hope the Broncos would just use him sparingly just to get used to the game speed a bit again. Otherwise yeah waiting until the Colts game where they actually have a few more weapons on offense makes sense.

I have to say that I do love all of this negative attention towards the Broncos to help keep them motivated this year. I keep reading every week about how the Broncos have still not played anybody and how this week will be the week they are exposed. Then they go out and pummel the team and somehow they still haven't played anybody. Yes I understand they have not played the cream of the crop but even the best teams in the league are not doing what the Broncos have done against weaker opponents.

For me I look at how the Broncos do against the other team's strength. Such as how would the Broncos do against Oakland and Philly who were both known for their ability to run over teams. Broncos held both of them to season lows in rushing. Against Baltimore how would they do against that amazing pass rush up front...Well they contained them pretty well and dominated through the air almost equaling the # of touchdowns the Ravens gave up all last year through the air. Against the Giants I guess just stopping all the weapons that Manning had...not too bad against them.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" .... why players like Von Miller, who have shown a tendency to celebrate personal accomplishments in the midst of team failures (see: Miller’s bucking Bronco dance late in 2012 loss to the Atlanta Falcons), seem to be falling out of favor with their Bronco teammates and coaches."

That really caught my attention. I had assumed that Miller returning would be without incident and that plugging him back in would simply be a great addition to the defense. Could be very important how Miller and his coaches and teammates all deal with his return. Adding his play making ability to what has been a pretty solid defense in his absence could be a huge factor in how the season plays out. Hopefully his return to the team is seamless and he brings his unique talent without any more baggage.