• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bring back Erik Swanson?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swanson is having a rough season with the Blue Jays this year and they just optioned him to their AAA affiliate. I wonder what it would take to get him back? Our bullpen hasn't been as good this year as recent years. I feel like they can afford to take a gamble on a guy who has had success here in the past. Rogers Centre is a hitter's paradise. T-Mobile is the opposite.

The timing of his demotion is a head-scratcher too. He was getting lit up in April and early May, but he was only scored upon in two of his last nine relief appearances.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swanson is having a rough season with the Blue Jays this year and they just optioned him to their AAA affiliate. I wonder what it would take to get him back? Our bullpen hasn't been as good this year as recent years. I feel like they can afford to take a gamble on a guy who has had success here in the past. Rogers Centre is a hitter's paradise. T-Mobile is the opposite.

The timing of his demotion is a head-scratcher too. He was getting lit up in April and early May, but he was only scored upon in two of his last nine relief appearances.
Maybe send back a middle of the pack A/AA starter

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny because they were talking about Vlad or Bo to Seattle yesterday and maybe a reliever to help Seattle and that was the first name that popped into my head. I know he had a crazy spring with his kid getting hit by a car I believe. That probably threw him off. I would take him anytime.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny because they were talking about Vlad or Bo to Seattle yesterday and maybe a reliever to help Seattle and that was the first name that popped into my head. I know he had a crazy spring with his kid getting hit by a car I believe. That probably threw him off. I would take him anytime.
Swanson yes, Vlad no, and Bo yes in my book.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would for sure take Vlad on this team; at the very least it would indicate that ownership actually cares to try, and he would immediately be our best hitter.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Vlad fan? His bad year is better than France's best year so I have no issue with him.
Yeah but would you be ok with trading top prospects for Ty France? Even during his AS run, every Mariners fan would’ve been stoked getting 2 top 50 prospects for him. Which is just a guess but I’m guessing the Jays won’t trade him unless it is 2 top 50 or three top 100 guys cause his 1 legit season. Everything I’ve read or heard is the GM’s job is on the line so it’s either get a ridiculous deal for him and Bichette or he is gone.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but would you be ok with trading top prospects for Ty France? Even during his AS run, every Mariners fan would’ve been stoked getting 2 top 50 prospects for him. Which is just a guess but I’m guessing the Jays won’t trade him unless it is 2 top 50 or three top 100 guys cause his 1 legit season. Everything I’ve read or heard is the GM’s job is on the line so it’s either get a ridiculous deal for him and Bichette or he is gone.
Since 2021:

Vlad: 11.9 WAR
France: 6.8 WAR

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 2021:

Vlad: 11.9 WAR
France: 6.8 WAR
Not what I asked for though. Would you trade two of the top 4 prospects for him. And it’s kind of a false argument using his 2021 season. It was the only season he has been a top player. France had 2021 and 2022 where he was at least average and I doubt anyone on here would be cool with trading Ford and Emerson/Young for 2022 France.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not what I asked for though. Would you trade two of the top 4 prospects for him. And it’s kind of a false argument using his 2021 season. It was the only season he has been a top player. France had 2021 and 2022 where he was at least average and I doubt anyone on here would be cool with trading Ford and Emerson/Young for 2022 France.
I can't answer something that hasn't even been discussed by beat reporters meaning the teams probably haven't even discussed this. You don't know the cost any more than I do. Sorry, but I hate discussions where someone says the guy in question is no better than the bum we currently have and if we were to get him it would cost us our top picks. It has to be one or the other.

So would you take him for Locklear and Arroyo? I mean the question is useless because we don't know the cost or what Jays even want.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't answer something that hasn't even been discussed by beat reporters meaning the teams probably haven't even discussed this. You don't know the cost any more than I do. Sorry, but I hate discussions where someone says the guy in question is no better than the bum we currently have and if we were to get him it would cost us our top picks. It has to be one or the other.

So would you take him for Locklear and Arroyo? I mean the question is useless because we don't know the cost or what Jays even want.
I’m not saying Vlad isn’t better than France. And I’m firm on the they need to upgrade 1B somehow. What I am saying on that is Vlad’s past few years are the same as Ty when he was an all star. Not 2023 or most of 2024 Ty.

In a heartbeat I would. Just going off of reports is Locklear is killing it but so is Williamson so if Locklear were to be dealt it isn’t a huge blow to the farm system. With Arroyo I’m totally not sure on the guy. He is in a weird spot where people say he is a stud, but never mention him with the other top prospects, but then on the same hand whenever rumors are being floated he is always the second headliner if it is Ford, Young or Emerson.

Of course we don’t know what the cost is going to be, it’s all speculation and the fun part. Every place I’ve read or I’ve heard is Vlad is going to cost top prospects because he has an extra year over Alonso and the Jays FO is in the same boat at Jerry (allegedly on the last year off his deal) so just putting those pieces together we can make a safe assumption on the headliners.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Vladdy a FA after the season?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting...I would need to have a contract extension in place before giving up 2 to 3 top prospects
Depends on which prospects to me. If you are talking Locklear and Arroyo for him, I am good without an extension. If it is the bigger boys, I agree.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on which prospects to me. If you are talking Locklear and Arroyo for him, I am good without an extension. If it is the bigger boys, I agree.
If the M's horribly tank next season they could flip him for top prospects from a contender.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the M's horribly tank next season they could flip him for top prospects from a contender.
Absolutely. I believe in that thinking as well. And if they are contending, then they got two seasons of contending with him. Win-win.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gimme Vlad and Swanny back to kick off the trade deadline...........but cant stop there.