• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brett Favre

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brett Favre - QB - Vikings

Brett Favre's agent believes he could "play today," and that he's "in the best shape I've ever seen him in, physically."

"His arms look like a blacksmith's arms," Bus Cook said Monday. "He rides a bike probably 30-50 miles a day. He runs four or five miles a day. He's coaching at the high school and they're undefeated. He loves it. His body fat is 7.5 percent and he weighs 225 pounds. He could play today, better than a lot of them out there today." It's unclear if Cook is describing Favre or The Most Interesting Man In The World. Either way, Favre's playing days are through, though he could probably give Blaine Gabbert a run for his money in Jacksonville. Favre turns 44 in October.
Source: Birmingham News

Sep 24 - 2:57 PM

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please dear Lord tell me this isn't going to become a story. I can't bare it again.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favre is done, though I'd believe he could still outplay crappy QB's like Ponder. Given how brutal our QB situation has been, I wouldn't have been opposed to bringing Favre in for one last shot like in '09, but the only way that would ever have had a chance of working is with an elite O-line. Favre's body can't handle the beatings anymore, as evidenced by the 2009 NFC Championship game and 2010. While I stand by my assertion that Ponder sucks, the O-line hasn't made it easy on him, as he's been getting slapped around left and right out there, with the pocket often collapsing almost as soon as plays start. Favre is way too old to handle those beatings anymore and couldn't last more than a few games under the current circumstances with the Vikings.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favre is done, though I'd believe he could still outplay crappy QB's like Ponder. Given how brutal our QB situation has been, I wouldn't have been opposed to bringing Favre in for one last shot like in '09, but the only way that would ever have had a chance of working is with an elite O-line. Favre's body can't handle the beatings anymore, as evidenced by the 2009 NFC Championship game and 2010. While I stand by my assertion that Ponder sucks, the O-line hasn't made it easy on him, as he's been getting slapped around left and right out there, with the pocket often collapsing almost as soon as plays start. Favre is way too old to handle those beatings anymore and couldn't last more than a few games under the current circumstances with the Vikings.

Good point.