• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brayden Schenn

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i like what im hearing and reading...but lets no blow to much smoke up his skirt...have to make it happen in the NHL...now there was another prospect...c1993 NHL Entry Draft, Alexandre Daigle was considered a "can't miss" prospect and NHL superstar...lol...not trying to burst bubbles but...come to the NHL and SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one happy about Simmonds?

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Schenn is the best prospect not playing in the NHL. He only has that 3.1 cap hit if he hits all of his bonuses. I saw him play for Canada last year at the World Junoirs and he was Canadas best player, that says it all.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok...if 805 say so ...im shopping there...and yes FLYERFAN... i like simmond good third line player...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mania its a new era with giroux and jvr leading the way!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. This is a very young team now. Giroux, JvR, Voracek, Simmonds, Bob and Schenn are all 23 or younger, not to mention all of the players we will be drafting tomorrow that will all be young.

I would definitely focus my attention on signing Leino too now that we have the cap space.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed. This is a very young team now. Giroux, JvR, Voracek, Simmonds, Bob and Schenn are all 23 or younger, not to mention all of the players we will be drafting tomorrow that will all be young.

I would definitely focus my attention on signing Leino too now that we have the cap space.

Maverick look for the Flyers to draft a Dman tommorow to.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just find it funny how some other teams fans were ribbing Philly for not having any prospects...I told them all it takes is one trade and bam we get two! All of a sudden this teams a very young and talented team on the verge of contending for years to come....actually they can contend this year if things fall into place.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was thinking that as well but I stopped short of posting it just because I still feel like we may take the best player available as originally planned. To me, a defenseman does make the most sense however, but if it will be a stretch to take one at 8, then that may not be the best move. I just hope it's a player that becomes a star as we've done really well with our first round picks in the recent past.

Regardless, the future is starting to look a lot brighter with the addition of Schenn, the 8th overall pick and subsequent picks in the draft tonight. It definitely makes for an a lot more exciting night.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apparenly they have targeted 2 dmen and 1 should be around at 8. I would liek to see them swap with one of the teams ahead of them (maybe Islanders) and add Kimmo's eventual replacement.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know being a fan of the Penguins I like this trade because we won't have to deal with Richards anymore being a pest.

But from a Hockey perspective if Schenn pans out the Flyers won this deal but that is the gamble you take trading away a proven talent for a prospect and getting a very good top 9 forward to boot.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh haha I just said his name because I am probably just as excited for him.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok funny though....Yeah the few games he played against the Penguins he was a big time pest also. He had some heated battles so he will fit right in with the rivalry and a good type of player in this division.

He is a player you wished was on your team.

Crunch88

REFS u Suck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For those of you who are not ESPN Insiders, here is another quick analysis of the trade and Schenn v. Richards:

A couple of keys to consider that might explain Paul Holmgren's thinking and eventually tilt the trade in Philadelphia's favor:

1. Schenn's pedigree at this stage of his career is at least as good as Mike Richards' was. Mike Richards was the 24th pick in the deep, deep '03 draft but made a huge step up in his first season after his selection. By that time teams who talked trade with the Flyers found that Philadelphia was listening to offers that included (the more highly drafted) Jeff Carter but not Richards.

Neither Richards nor Schenn was a 40-goal scorer in junior and you'd have to say that Schenn's peak output in the NHL will be more or less along the lines of Richards -- 28, 30, 31 and 23 goals the last four seasons. Richards has the deserved rep as a fierce competitor. Is there a chance that he'll burn out with the game he plays? Maybe.

2. Richards is a great two-way center. Can Schenn match it? That's a bit better than a maybe. True, it's a high bar to set for Schenn to be as good on faceoffs as Richards, who is among the league's best. But Schenn has a great motor -- he won't be outworked. He has a toughness and edge along the lines of his brother Luke, the hard-rock Toronto defenseman. Both of the Schenns have a high hockey IQ. Both are low-maintenance self-starters.

When prospects are traded these days, it's usually because there's a perceived hole in their game. Not so with Schenn. There's nothing diminished about his terrific potential.

Among the leagues best in Faceoffs??? Am i missing something?