• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brawl at Pistons/Magic game.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how Wagner is being accused of starting this fight.
He was screening Hayes to squeeze him out of bounds ...if anything it was an unintentional hip check at most.

Of course the NBA's PR firm (ESPN) is calling this a "scuffle" ...this was way more than a scuffle.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was screening Hayes to squeeze him out of bounds ...if anything it was an unintentional hip check at most.

Of course the NBA's PR firm (ESPN) is calling this a "scuffle" ...this was way more than a scuffle.

Well, Wagner’s foul was as dirty as it gets. That was Grayson Allen level.

While I doubt he was trying to start a fight, if he hadn’t done what he did, the fight doesn’t happen.

Wagner started it, Diallo and Hayes escalated it.

Diallo IMO, didn’t even do anything wrong. Anybody would want their teammate to come to their defense after a dirty play.

Hayes of course took it way too far. Should have just been a shoving match and exchange of words like every other NBA altercation.

But yes, Wagner definitely in the wrong.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I doubt he was trying to start a fight, if he hadn’t done what he did, the fight doesn’t happen.

Diallo IMO, didn’t even do anything wrong. Anybody would want their teammate to come to their defense after a dirty play.

Hayes of course took it way too far. Should have just been a shoving match and exchange of words like every other NBA altercation.

You start it and we going to finish it. That is the correct approach to these situations and was exactly how the pistons handled it but as you said Hayes took it too far

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unintentional:pound:
He looks over his shoulder to see him coming and then not only hip checks him but extends the chicken wing to shove him into the bench.
Yup, that is starting the fight.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He took it WAY too far. Wagner was wrong but he also tried to resolve the situation as soon as possible. I’ve seen way dirtier than that. What Diallo did was fine, sticking up for a teammate-perfectly fine with that.
Hayes did the worst possible thing you can do, hit a player in the back of the head with a closed fist.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He took it WAY too far. Wagner was wrong but he also tried to resolve the situation as soon as possible. I’ve seen way dirtier than that. What Diallo did was fine, sticking up for a teammate-perfectly fine with that.
Hayes did the worst possible thing you can do, hit a player in the back of the head with a closed fist.
Agreed. Hayes should be sitting some games without pay. If not from the league, I would hope the Pistons would do it.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wagner channeled his inner Robert Horry and Steve Nash’d his ass into the seats.

Filthy ass play.

But, what Hayes did was worse.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wagner channeled his inner Robert Horry and Steve Nash’d his ass into the seats.

Filthy ass play.

But, what Hayes did was worse.

At least the NBA is somewhat more in control of their discipline policies today. The 2000's was a trainwreck in that regard.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a catfight compared to the 90's and early 2000's. Welcome to a league where Draymond Green is considered a "tough guy"...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Hayes should be sitting some games without pay. If not from the league, I would hope the Pistons would do it.

I hope Diallo doesn’t get suspended. He probably will though.

Wagner should get 2 games and Hayes 5-10 IMO.

We shall see what happens.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who cares? Its awesome to see these guys care enough to fight. Its way better than watching Magic Johnson and Isaiah Thomas plant kisses on each others' cheek.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares? Its awesome to see these guys care enough to fight. Its way better than watching Magic Johnson and Isaiah Thomas plant kisses on each others' cheek.

I disagree.

You can have competitive edge without fighting. No place for fighting in the NBA. These dudes are way too big, strong and unprotected.

From personal experience, some of my most intense and physical competition on the basketball court has come against some of my closest friends.

Being friends off the court doesn’t prevent them from going at each other’s throats on it. You don’t have to dislike your opponent to want to beat his ass.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Diallo doesn’t get suspended. He probably will though.

Wagner should get 2 games and Hayes 5-10 IMO.

We shall see what happens.

That’s what I was thinking too. Wouldn’t be surprised with 10

10 games for that? :L
He deserves 10 games.

But, if they give it to him, NBPA should file an appeal immediately.

Jokic fucked the Morris twin up enough for him to miss 58 games and only got a 1 game Suspension.

The optics would be horrible.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, where is Lebron getting traded in July?

Dallas would be a good spot.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly for Maxey and Harris. You might have meant to post this is a different thread, though.
Yep, I did mean to post this in the main thread.

My bad.

I wouldn’t give up the next decade of Maxey for Lebron.

He will take the ball out of sloth Harden”s hands and render him completely useless.