• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Braves sign ozzie

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice deal wow

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that the Braves are in agreement on a long-term contract extension with Ozzie Albies.
The extensions just keep pouring in. Joel Sherman of the New York Post hears that this one between the Braves and Albies will be for seven years -- including this year -- at a guaranteed overall sum of $35 million. There are also two option years at the end. Albies was already under Atlanta's control through 2023, but now he's locked in through at least 2025, and possibly 2026-2027. The young second baseman was named a National League All-Star last year at age 21 and has batted .364/.429/.500 with one home run and two stolen bases through 11 games this season.

SOURCE: Ken Rosenthal on Twitter

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice deal wow

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that the Braves are in agreement on a long-term contract extension with Ozzie Albies.
The extensions just keep pouring in. Joel Sherman of the New York Post hears that this one between the Braves and Albies will be for seven years -- including this year -- at a guaranteed overall sum of $35 million. There are also two option years at the end. Albies was already under Atlanta's control through 2023, but now he's locked in through at least 2025, and possibly 2026-2027. The young second baseman was named a National League All-Star last year at age 21 and has batted .364/.429/.500 with one home run and two stolen bases through 11 games this season.

SOURCE: Ken Rosenthal on Twitter

:yes: Another great deal for the Braves

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between this and the Acuna deal, I'm getting a little nervous that there's gonna be another scandal, this time illegally paying players under the table or something.

I'm happy, but Ozzie should fire his agent. 5 million per year? He could get that if he was just an excellent defensive middle infielder with no bat, but he plays good defense and can hit. Middle relievers get more than that per year.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colossal blunder that Braves fans and management will be regretting for years. It's a terrible idea to lock up a journeyman like Albies. You should save deals like that for when you have an up and coming star, like Scott Kingery.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colossal blunder that Braves fans and management will be regretting for years. It's a terrible idea to lock up a journeyman like Albies. You should save deals like that for when you have an up and coming star, like Scott Kingery.

Cedrique lives!

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between this and the Acuna deal, I'm getting a little nervous that there's gonna be another scandal, this time illegally paying players under the table or something.

I'm happy, but Ozzie should fire his agent. 5 million per year? He could get that if he was just an excellent defensive middle infielder with no bat, but he plays good defense and can hit. Middle relievers get more than that per year.

Yeah, he must have pressing money needs ASAP. I was stunned he took something this low.

Jorge Polanco of the Twins signed a similar deal, but he's a few years older than Ozzie and already has had a steroid suspension.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want to get licensed in Atlanta? Seems like they need better agents there.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want to get licensed in Atlanta? Seems like they need better agents there.

what makes it worse, Kimbrel has the same agent as albies… talk about 2 epic fails...

This albies deal I think might ruin baseball... stick with me in my over-exaggeration... But when you give such a talent so little, then that sets a precedence... and sets the market price... Now Owners can use the Albies deal to make their own deals with their elite prospects...

and these are so team friendly, that even if the player fails and never plays again, the team wont lose that much...

It is already hard for veterans to get signed... How is this going to help?? they will have to be willing to take league minimum just to get jobs...

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what makes it worse, Kimbrel has the same agent as albies… talk about 2 epic fails...

This albies deal I think might ruin baseball... stick with me in my over-exaggeration... But when you give such a talent so little, then that sets a precedence... and sets the market price... Now Owners can use the Albies deal to make their own deals with their elite prospects...

and these are so team friendly, that even if the player fails and never plays again, the team wont lose that much...

It is already hard for veterans to get signed... How is this going to help?? they will have to be willing to take league minimum just to get jobs...
kimbrel turned down 17.9 mil screwem these poor poor ballplayers:suds:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in this day and age did this deal happen?!??! Jesus! That Braves got a bargain!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in this day and age did this deal happen?!??! Jesus! That Braves got a bargain!

I wonder who initiated the negotiation... and at what price... the deal seemed more like an insult to Albies than a negotiation starter...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder who initiated the negotiation... and at what price... the deal seemed more like an insult to Albies than a negotiation starter...

Wonder if the Braves started it thinking they'd lowball him just to see where he was standing and became shocked when he signed it

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if the Braves started it thinking they'd lowball him just to see where he was standing and became shocked when he signed it

which bothers me more about this... THat is an epic low-ball... pretty insulting... could have backfired... Lucky for the braves it didn't... Luckier for the braves that albies agreed to it...

sucks for the rest of baseball though....

and if the braves don't get some big named free agents or make some big boy trades now that they are saving such money on Acuna and Albies, then Brave ownership needs to get thrown out of the league...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which bothers me more about this... THat is an epic low-ball... pretty insulting... could have backfired... Lucky for the braves it didn't... Luckier for the braves that albies agreed to it...

and if the braves don't get some big named free agents or make some big boy trades now that they are saving such money on Acuna and Albies, then Brave ownership needs to get thrown out of the league...

Braves ownership might need to be thrown out of the league to begin with... But I honestly don't know why the contract was signed.. MLB Players union can't be too happy with it, especially coming off the Machado and Harper contracts.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another bargain deal for the Braves. I think the organization's 1 of the best in baseball but if I'm Albies and Acuna I would have tried to get more money in my deal.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're owned by a media conglomerate in Colorado that sees us as an investment property. They never should have been allowed to buy the team in the first place.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another bargain deal for the Braves. I think the organization's 1 of the best in baseball but if I'm Albies and Acuna I would have tried to get more money in my deal.

The Acuna deal was a bargain deal. The Albies deal needs to be illegal.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif