• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Braves release Medlen and Beachy.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess releasing two starting pitchers is easier when both have had Tommy John surgery. Both pitchers have showed promise but injuries keep getting in the way. I think that somebody will make them offers since the price will be right. True low risk-high reward
players no doubt.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Medlen seems like a good player to take a chance on. I thought Tommy John was supposed to be nothing nowadays.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are coming off second Tommy John surgeries. I'm a bit disappointed to see Medlen go. Even if he doesn't return as a quality starter, he came up big in the pen for us for a while. I think Beachy is probably done though.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strasburg and Wainwright bounced back from the surgery and performed well. Lackey, 35, had it and pitched okay for two years but now may be declining. A few players have come back after double tj surgery so Medlen and Beachy will give it a shot. Youth will help.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are coming off second Tommy John surgeries. I'm a bit disappointed to see Medlen go. Even if he doesn't return as a quality starter, he came up big in the pen for us for a while. I think Beachy is probably done though.

I have a feeling that the Braves will try to sign Medlen as a free agent. They just didn't want to pay him
as much as before.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahah, I remember the Braves twerps on ESPN boards, saying how both Medlen and Beachy were gonna be cornerstone starters for Braves rotation for years and years, and remember when they claimed Medlen and even another guy whos not even in MLB anymore Jair Jurrjens was better than Hamels?

good times, they rebuilt and passed Philly in the standings the last 3 years and have nothing to show for it, wouldn't surprise me if the Phillies win another pennant before Atlanta does again

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bet the conditioning programs used by pitchers today is ruining their arms. Also the legs of everyday players. You never saw this many ligament tears and hamstrings years ago. Obviously, they're overdoing it.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bet the conditioning programs used by pitchers today is ruining their arms. Also the legs of everyday players. You never saw this many ligament tears and hamstrings years ago. Obviously, they're overdoing it.

I am prescribing a new exorcize program. Play Hop Scotch and do some jumping Jacks! For pitchers I prescribe a daily swim. Swimming requires the use of every muscle!