• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: BRAVES/ASTROS 8 PM WORLD SERIES EDITION

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face it....Dusty will do his best to give this game & series away like he's done before with other teams.
It'll be up to the Astros players to sidestep him to make up for his gaffes if possible.

I mean don't get me wrong...he's a nice enough guy, very likable and knowledgeable...who was also a damn good player once upon a time..but managing a team really isn't his strong suit, or in his wheelhouse...and for whatever reason he just hasn't been able to get over that final hump for a WS championship.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face it....Dusty will do his best to give this game & series away like he's done before with other teams.
It'll be up to the Astros players to sidestep him to make up for his gaffes if possible.

I mean don't get me wrong...he's a nice enough guy, very likable and knowledgeable...who was also a damn good player once upon a time..but managing a team really isn't his strong suit, or in his wheelhouse...and for whatever reason he just hasn't been able to get over that final hump for a WS championship.

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
Showtime Good Point GIF by Billions
Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M

It’s tragic that Dusty has taken five teams to the post, SF, CHI, CIN, WSH, and HOU, and has never won a single series, 0-11, including the current vs ATL. It is said that he overuses his pitchers and is not a fan of sabermetrics. Interesting.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s tragic that Dusty has taken five teams to the post, SF, CHI, CIN, WSH, and HOU, and has never won a single series, 0-11, including the current vs ATL. It is said that he overuses his pitchers and is not a fan of sabermetrics. Interesting.
Yeah...he might be a bit too "old school" for his, and ultimately for his team's own good.
But we'll see what happens on Halloween and then go from there.

FTR...I don't have a horse in this one...and I really don't GAF who ends up winning.
I actually dislike both these teams more or less equally.

Last edited:

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking as though MLB might have to present the World Series Trophy on a field in Georgia. Oh the horror. Best as I can tell Georgia's Election Law is still in place.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Kyle Wright with a clutch "bulk" appearance last night. Now Davidson will start tonight. Neither of them have appeared in a game for Atlanta since June. Davidson will likely pitch no more than one or two innings though.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...he might be a bit too "old school" for his, and ultimately for his team's own good.
But we'll see what happens on Halloween and then go from there.

FTR...I don't have a horse in this one...and I really don't GAF who ends up winning.
I actually dislike both these teams more or less equally.

I've been hoping the Braves take it, NL East, Philly rival, and since they haven't won a world series since '95.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the fun begins.

The home team doesn't want the visiting team to celebrate in their house.
While the visiting team doesn't want it to reach a game 7 on the road.

All intensity aside, it's gonna be interesting to see which team blinks first..and for how long.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morton injury could really hurt the Braves