• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon Marshall extended

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and in fairness to letting Woodyard walk as much as we all loved him he had a pretty bad contract season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and in fairness to letting Woodyard walk as much as we all loved him he had a pretty bad contract season.

I would also add that we had his replacement on the roster. We were running a 4-3 defense with Woodyard at that WLB and then tried to move him inside because of wanting to get Trevathan on the field. Woodyard struggled some when moved inside. So with his cheaper replacement already showing a high level of play at his most natural position it made sense to let him walk.

With Trevathan to me it came down to injury history. I wouldn't mind either of Trevathan or Marshall here long-term but I do trust for Marshall to stay healthy a lot more than that of Trevathan.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I miss Trevathan already. I don't think there is another FA in the past few years (and we lost a lot of good ones) that ill miss the style of play as much as I will miss Trevathan. But obviously glad Marshall was locked up.

Yeah Woody really struggled in the middle. We even kicked the tires on Paris Lenon that season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I miss Trevathan already. I don't think there is another FA in the past few years (and we lost a lot of good ones) that ill miss the style of play as much as I will miss Trevathan. But obviously glad Marshall was locked up.

Yeah Woody really struggled in the middle. We even kicked the tires on Paris Lenon that season.

I've actually been saying the same thing. To me he added more to the team than Malik Jackson. I know we have some guys waiting in the wings at the ILB position so I understand we could only keep one of Marshall and Trevathan and I would rather keep Marshall but Trevathan was a heart and soul type player on the field. He for being an undersized guy just never backed down from a challenge and just seemed to raise his game the more pressure there was on the moment.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when we drafted Trevathan and a lot of people were like "WHO"?????

All I could think about was watching him at Kentucky and he was undersized, he wasn't your 4.4 small LB, but he was your balls to the wall, never missed a tackle, flew to the ball faster then his 40, good in coverage.

Trev's fearless and that goes along ways in a LB. His college tenure was terrific and really he was way underdrafted due to measureables given the way he played in college.

My best way to describe Trev from watching him in college and the NFL is that he truly is "fearless" as a football player.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when we drafted Trevathan and a lot of people were like "WHO"?????

All I could think about was watching him at Kentucky and he was undersized, he wasn't your 4.4 small LB, but he was your balls to the wall, never missed a tackle, flew to the ball faster then his 40, good in coverage.

Trev's fearless and that goes along ways in a LB. His college tenure was terrific and really he was way underdrafted due to measureables given the way he played in college.

My best way to describe Trev from watching him in college and the NFL is that he truly is "fearless" as a football player.

I think if teams have one major problem in draft evaluation is they get caught up way too much in the measurables. They always say the tape is what matters most but then guys who have hardly done anything in college yet have great measurables get overdrafted all the time. So can't tell me tape matters most when a guy like Trevathan who lead the SEC (considered the best conference in college) in tackles is only worth a look in the 6th round. Glad the Broncos got him so late in the draft but just seems like every year guys with great production fall where guys who blow up the combine go nuts rising 2-3 rounds all because they are fast.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some NFL teams get too trendy when drafting. Denver doesn't seem like one of those teams.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news - Marshall is a team anchor. Love his style of play - love his story.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't want to start a new thread until it is for sure done but the Broncos and Sanders are working hard on getting a deal done and both sides are very hopeful that a deal will get done. Would be crazy to see us get all 3 of our top FA's for next season locked up this off season. Will make next off season pretty easy.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't want to start a new thread until it is for sure done but the Broncos and Sanders are working hard on getting a deal done and both sides are very hopeful that a deal will get done. Would be crazy to see us get all 3 of our top FA's for next season locked up this off season. Will make next off season pretty easy.

There was a thread last week on this. :thumb:

After having what, 3 offseasons in a row where we have lost some big FA's, having our biggest guys locked up this year instead of having them go into FA will be nice. Although comp picks are nice.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a thread last week on this. :thumb:

What I meant is that the two sides have gotten closer than last Thursday when you posted that thread. Sounds like a couple of contracts have been exchanged by the two sides and they are getting just a bit closer. How crazy would it be to get all 3 contracts done in about a week's time. I doubt Von's gets done this week but it would be nice to see Elway go ahead and just get this all done.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I meant is that the two sides have gotten closer than last Thursday when you posted that thread. Sounds like a couple of contracts have been exchanged by the two sides and they are getting just a bit closer. How crazy would it be to get all 3 contracts done in about a week's time. I doubt Von's gets done this week but it would be nice to see Elway go ahead and just get this all done.

Just givin ya a hard time. An update is always nice.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SpringStein has built up so much hate. I am concerned. Hate is unhealthy.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SpringStein has built up so much hate. I am concerned. Hate is unhealthy.

Springstein has a great family and the job of a modern saint - the hate has to go somewhere. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Trevathan.

He really had a huge huge huge huge play in the SB recovering TJ Ward's INT fumble.

Had Ginn got that it would have been a HUGE momentum shift.