• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bradley Chubb: Emerging Superhero

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Fangio can hardly wait to watch this circus come to town. Chubb and Miller at the flanks and penetrators coming up the gut. Obvious - passing downs are going to be a major challenge against these Broncos.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great article, and I completely agree. Chubb might end up being better then Von soon, and it might be this year. Offenses are going be challenged to stop both. Long yardage situations will be fun to watch.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested in the protection packages that will be used against us. I'm concerned that opposing Offenses can blow our D out of the water simply by playing a six man line and double teaming the edge, then putting two shifty receivers inside with two speed receiver's outside. Shotgun snap.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested in the protection packages that will be used against us. I'm concerned that opposing Offenses can blow our D out of the water simply by playing a six man line and double teaming the edge, then putting two shifty receivers inside with two speed receiver's outside. Shotgun snap.

It will be interesting to see how teams attack our defense. I think having a RB in the backfield may be an important option. Keeps the defense more honest. They can run, screen pass, swing pass, the RB can chip on the edge. RBs have caused issues in the past and could expose the coverage weakness at ILB.

17 more days and we will get to start to answer the questions.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how teams attack our defense. I think having a RB in the backfield may be an important option. Keeps the defense more honest. They can run, screen pass, swing pass, the RB can chip on the edge. RBs have caused issues in the past and could expose the coverage weakness at ILB.

17 more days and we will get to start to answer the questions.

I was thinking along the lines of how Offenses can beat us in obvious passing situations based on what we've shown in the preseason. Our ILB's are too slow to cover the short middle without Safety help and our IDL hasn't generated consistent pressure. We are weak right up the gut. Handle the edge and move our Safeties back deep...we're screwed.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering there’s no RB in your scenario, the defense would know a pass was coming. I don’t think a smart opposing offense would want to be so one dimensional and predictable. Probably a dime package would crowd out any receiving options.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering there’s no RB in your scenario, the defense would know a pass was coming. I don’t think a smart opposing offense would want to be so one dimensional and predictable. Probably a dime package would crowd out any receiving options.

Considering we were talking about obvious passing downs, that's not really relevant.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering we were talking about obvious passing downs, that's not really relevant.
Well, if we are truly that weak up the middle, there won’t be much concern with obvious passing downs. Opposing offenses will be too busy running the ball straight up the gut.

That’s the problem with preseason. It’s very hard to judge where your team really is. We won’t really know how weak our middle is until the real games start and Fangio opens up the entire defensive playbook.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is obvious - the weakness in the Broncos defense is to attack it with the power run game right up the gut. That skill by opposing offenses is largely missing around the league - and success in the short middle will not be a problem if Bronco LBs and secondary players tackle anyone who gets to the 2nd level. This Broncos defense will be designed to prevent drives - not to stop first downs. It will take chances for the opportunity for a play in the backfield to screw up a set of downs. At 2nd and long and 3rd and long - the balance tips heavily to the Bronco's strengths in rushing the passer the taking away passing lanes up the middle.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or they can just take advantage of the fact that we are predominantly playing with four down linemen now and use six man protection most of the time. Make our Defense look like shit compared to what it has been.