• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brad Stevens to coach Celtics

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny's fifth move in the last two weeks. The dude is busy.

I dont know much about the guy, but reports says he will work tight with GM and Ownership. He seems to be well liked by the players and that may be part of Celtics thinking.

Lakers fans commenting about coaching moves, now thats funny............................your franchise is a mess and puts up posters begging players to come play in the yellow jerseys...................really?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda in between. On one hand he's a players coach, young, and is exactly What Ainge wants to rebuild this franchise. On the other hand, has Brad Stevens ever really had to deal with a top recruit with somewhat of an ego. I mean it's Butler. Most of the recruits that go there aren't top tier players coming out of HS.

Yet he continued to make them contenders. I don't know how much that will translate to the NBA but still he has proven he can win with not so great talent.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo owns that team now, starting with the lame coach.

Last edited by a moderator:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a chance to read about him and listen to him. Wow, not a normal 36 year old.

Seems he runs a pro offense and he is all business and process. Gives tremendous in game decision making to players, unorthodox for college coach. Hence he demands lots of practice sessions discussing game decisions. Like his teams to grind, bang and defend.

Very composed and no question he is going to try to let Rondo determine if he is really a special player outside of Doc's shadow. Makes sense...................unless some team offers something really special