• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boys pregame

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I should have said proven winner. I don't recall and correct me if I'm wrong but he didn't win in Denver or Jax did he?
Del Rio was hired by New Orleans Saints head coach Mike Ditka as the team's strength and conditioning coach in 1997, moving to linebacker coach the next year. In 1999, he took the same job with the Baltimore Ravens. Del Rio is, in part, credited for the success of the Ravens' Super Bowl-winning defense, particularly in the 2000 season. After the 2001 season, he was named defensive coordinator of the Carolina Panthers and in his first season, in 2002, Del Rio led them to the second ranked defense in the league by total yards.

As a head coach he was 93-94 of Jacksonville and Oakland.

I believe my comment was how he did as a DC .... not HC.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rush is better than Wentz.

I stand by that comment.
You are wrong, I stand by that comment.

If Wentz had half the time Rush had it might have been a different outcome.

Is Wentz the guy, probably not but you are silly if you think his better than Wentz. Hell he threw two picks today also but lucked out that penalties wiped out the play.

The were trying to throw quick passes all day and he still didn't have time.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rush is better than Wentz.

I stand by that comment.
Let me know when Rush throwss for 20,000 yards and 150 TDs ... then I will buy into your premise. :crazy:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are wrong, I stand by that comment.

If Wentz had half the time Rush had it might have been a different outcome.

Is Wentz the guy, probably not but you are silly if you think his better than Wentz. Hell he threw two picks today also but lucked out that penalties wiped out the play.

The were trying to throw quick passes all day and he still didn't have time.
Yet, Rush doesn't turn the ball over and is efficient. Wentz is none of those.

At some point, Wentz needs to be held accountable. His poor play is NOT entirely on the OLine. Some of you are acting like he needs an elite OLine, elite WR unit, elite OC, and elite running game to be successful. If he needs those things, is he really a decent QB to begin with?

Scott Turner was supposed to be unleashed with all the "weapons" and a strong-armed QB. So farm that is wrong.
The "weapons" were supposed to score in bunches and somebody even compared them to the "Greatest Show On Turf" after week 1. So far, that was wrong.
Wentz was supposed to FINALLY get the support he needs to "figure" it all out and prove Philly and Indy wrong. So far, that is wrong.

This fan base continues to make excuses for him and Rivera time and time again. I said Rivera was not qualified to run our front office back in 2020. I was told we should "wait and see". Have you seen enough or do you need another embarrassing season as additional evidence?

I doubt any DAL fan would take Wentz over Rush at this point. I do not want to speak for their fan base, so I am happy to stand corrected if wrong.

I believe you are saying this because Rush plays for the Cowboys and that is clouding your judgment. If he played for the Ravens or 49ers, I bet you would feel different. I am not sure if there is one fanbase that would "love" to take Wentz off of our hands. Wentz will hopefully be on his 4th team in 4 years next year. Let that sink in.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me know when Rush throwss for 20,000 yards and 150 TDs ... then I will buy into your premise. :crazy:
Fair enough. Wentz has the better career numbers. No argument from me on that.

Now that we are on numbers, why did we mock the McCarthy hire and gloat after Rivera was hired? I mean McCarthy has 10 winning seasons out of 15 while Rivera has 3 winning seasons in 12.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy is a shitty coach, who benefitted from
Coaching aaron rodgers. Cmon now. Quinnis a legit coach, kellen moore is too. JDR used to be a legit defensive coach, but I think he’s topped out.

I dont really know what to make of turner.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching aaron rodgers. Cmon now. Quinnis a legit coach, kellen moore is too. JDR used to be a legit defensive coach, but I think he’s topped out.

What about Rivera the GM SSM?

Hey, here is an idea; lets cut our DLine depth and cut our starting LG? We can then bring in cast aways who once played for CAR and save money. We can then do nothing with that cap space to help the team this year?

LOL!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i look at 2 sacks given up and over 4yds per rush and wonder

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Wentz has the better career numbers. No argument from me on that.

Now that we are on numbers, why did we mock the McCarthy hire and gloat after Rivera was hired? I mean McCarthy has 10 winning seasons out of 15 while Rivera has 3 winning seasons in 12.
No clue what you are talking about.

I knew when they hired Quinn everything was going to change and I said that when they hired him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its hard to justify the wince trade whenn you are 1-3 just like you were were with falco

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its hard to justify the wince trade whenn you are 1-3 just like you were were with falco
When does the team bench Wentz in order to save that 2nd round pick. We all know Went is better than Falco, but thinking long term, is that 2nd round pick better for us to keep. Wentz probably gets the team 7-9 wins, Falco gets the team 4-6 wins.

I am not talking about tanking, I am talking about salvaging a pick from a trade that should have never happened.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Rivera the GM SSM?

Hey, here is an idea; lets cut our DLine depth and cut our starting LG? We can then bring in cast aways who once played for CAR and save money. We can then do nothing with that cap space to help the team this year?

LOL!

He sucks at both.

Ionman was cut, but Settle was lost as a free agent, and so was sherff, who got out of Dodge as fast as he possibly could.

Who could blame him?

I actually feel bad for Scary Terry and Johnathan Allen, who both seem like standup guys off the field, in addition to being playmakers on the field. They both deserve better.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When does the team bench Wentz in order to save that 2nd round pick. We all know Went is better than Falco, but thinking long term, is that 2nd round pick better for us to keep. Wentz probably gets the team 7-9 wins, Falco gets the team 4-6 wins.

I am not talking about tanking, I am talking about salvaging a pick from a trade that should have never happened.

Personally, I dont think the scouting department is that bad. They seem to find hood players throughout the draft. The problem is that coaches fuck it up.

Without fixing the coaching staff, the best drafted players will suck on the field.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure what was so funny about what I wrote, PDay, especially considering I complimented both of dallas’s coordinators, but you do you .

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You
Not sure what was so funny about what I wrote, PDay, especially considering I complimented both of dallas’s coordinators, but you do you .
You're right, you guys still have the better coach.
Just imagine Ron on the Dallas sideline. Thankfully for all DC, your team is still in it due to coaching.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With this regime likely out, a good plan duke, make the change now, save the pick. CW won't be here next year anyway. If Ron simply plays him to save his job we lose the pick. Only danny boy can step in now and demand Wentz sits. Who else will tell Ron to make the change? Turner, lol.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this regime likely out, a good plan duke, make the change now, save the pick. CW won't be here next year anyway. If Ron simply plays him to save his job we lose the pick. Only danny boy can step in now and demand Wentz sits. Who else will tell Ron to make the change? Turner, lol.

It's a nightmare....no other way to put it. I will say that if things continue, as they probably will, then that 2nd round pick WOULD probably be a starter on the 2023 team. Take your pick where you wish to use it...OLine, LB, Secondary, etc. Draft picks are the key channel to building a team.

That being said, I do not see Rivera benching Wentz, as he would be admitting to the mistake. If still employed with WSH in 2023, Rivera will more than likely keep Wentz and simply attempt to overhaul the OLine. Rivera's plan was to build the team THEN find the QB. It took Rivera 3 years to "get his guy". I doubt Rivera gives up that quickly. Rivera will more than likely promise to build the line and maybe fire his coordinators. Turner is clueless and JDR has lost it.

The problem is that Rivera has little cap and will not have a 2nd rounder. That 2nd rounder could go to a starting Guard for 2023. If Snyder was smart, which he isn't, he would get rid of Rivera before it gets worse and more damage is done.

By getting worse, I mean pumping money into the OLine and neglecting the defense and rest of the team. Rivera still doesn't understand that his defense is terrible. He gets tunnel vision and only focuses on one thing at a time.

Rivera doesn't have a lot of money, and his free agent signings/trades are taking up a good bit of cap space. By keeping Rivera around, you actually make matters worse. Rivera has proven he cannot succeed in the GM portion of his responsibilities in 3 years. Snyder can continue to put bandaids on the amputation or he can fix the problem. I will say this: keeping Rivera and Wentz for 2023 will make matters MUCH worse in the long haul for the organization.

With almost a fourth of the season done, WSH currently ranks 27th in the league in offense and 29th in defense. Statistically speaking, the offense is actually worse than it was in 2021.

Last edited:

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You

You're right, you guys still have the better coach.
Just imagine Ron on the Dallas sideline. Thankfully for all DC, your team is still in it due to coaching.

Whats funny is that you seem to think that Mokr McCarthy is a good coach.

That’s hilarious.