• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BoSox arrive in Texas for Independence Day series - July 3-5

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was all for letting him leave until his price went so far down. Then it didn't make sense. I think Gallo would just be in LF instead of 1B.

As far as change of scenery I think that is the case in some rare instances, but I think overall it is a way to let management off of the hook. Not that you are doing that, but I have seen other instances where I thought fans were doing that. Mitch has such an up and down career that it may just be his time to shine for awhile.

I count myself as a huge Moreland fan, and I have no issues with him leaving. For me personally, when I said "change of scenery" I specifically meant playing half his games in a very LH-friendly ballpark.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry... our bullpen will make sure you guys leave with 2 of 3.

well, the Red Sox starters could also make it so your bullpen isn't needed

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the main reason I had patience with Mitch for so long. He was just about the only hitter we had that series who didn't appear to be overwhelmed by being in a WS.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the main reason I had patience with Mitch for so long. He was just about the only hitter we had that series who didn't appear to be overwhelmed by being in a WS.

I was at that game, and until Game 4 in '11, I'd never experienced a game like that before. It was amazing.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was all for letting him leave until his price went so far down. Then it didn't make sense. I think Gallo would just be in LF instead of 1B.

Precisely my point. So I've put me down with "good hindsight" I guess. But it appeared the team had pretty much made up their collective minds that it was time for something different at 1st.

And I must admit, Gallo looks like, given some time and patience, he can handle 1st well. Overall, I'd rate Joey's D at 1st & 3rd as pretty good, all things considered.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Precisely my point. So I've put me down with "good hindsight" I guess. But it appeared the team had pretty much made up their collective minds that it was time for something different at 1st.

And I must admit, Gallo looks like, given some time and patience, he can handle 1st well. Overall, I'd rate Joey's D at 1st & 3rd as pretty good, all things considered.

Now that I think about it, was the plan to have Napoli and Gallo split time at 1B to allow Joey to become more used to the new position without being overwhelmed?

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I think about it, was the plan to have Napoli and Gallo split time at 1B to allow Joey to become more used to the new position without being overwhelmed?
Until Beltre got hurt the plan was for Joey to be at Round Rock.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I miss where this was posted?!?

“When you look at the best framers in the game, look at the pitchers they have,” Lucroy said. “When you look at my best years look at who I had on the staff… Look at all that stuff… You’re only as good as the pitches. Being able to hold the baseball, to have strong hands, it is important. But if they [pitchers] don’t know where it’s going…”

Damn, Lucroy. WTF?

Source:

Jonathan Lucroy’s Mysterious Decline | FanGraphs Baseball

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at that game, and until Game 4 in '11, I'd never experienced a game like that before. It was amazing.

I was there too and that was a damn good AB Mitch had when he hit the HR

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One hit. One at bat..... during a series that we didn't win. If the Rangers won that series, you could've realistically pointed to that Mitch home run as the turning point or the moment that the team " woke up", but history remembers winners and not losers. In the grand scheme of things, that home run is meaningless.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Red Sox fan has a bad feeling about this series. I am hoping I am proven wrong but we shall see. Should be a good series

We usually do well against the Red Sox, but I think you guys have us beat this year. You're starting pitching is amazing and I wish I could say I've been to Fenway. I'm hoping for a Red Sox vs Indians ALCS this year.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, the Red Sox starters could also make it so your bullpen isn't needed
Yeah have two on my fantasy team. They kill my ERA and WHIP. But keeping them at least through this series as both Porcello and Price are good with the K and the Rangers have a up high K rate at the plate.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One hit. One at bat..... during a series that we didn't win. If the Rangers won that series, you could've realistically pointed to that Mitch home run as the turning point or the moment that the team " woke up", but history remembers winners and not losers. In the grand scheme of things, that home run is meaningless.
Dude. He was the only one hitting consistently at that point of the series. In the 8 or 9 slot too.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jesus Christ, if shitting on things was a superpower, the next Marvel movie would be about you.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You fucking suck. Just wanted you to know that.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah have two on my fantasy team. They kill my ERA and WHIP. But keeping them at least through this series as both Porcello and Price are good with the K and the Rangers have a up high K rate at the plate.

True but what they have in Ks kills you in ERA