• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boring OOC Week: Campbell 12/17 4pm, North Florida 12/19 7pm, Eastern Michigan 12/22

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have three straight home games before they get off time for Christmas. Looks like a pretty boring stretch of games, but at least they are all watchable online.

Saturday 12/17 vs. Campbell 4pm ESPN3.com
Monday 12/19 vs. Nothern Florida 7pm theACC.com
Thursday 12/22 vs. Eastern Michigan 7pm ESPN3.com

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good so far:
Forcing turnovers
Rebounding
dominating down low
getting to the hoop

Bad so far:
stagnant offense (what's new)
sketch dribble D
missing wide open 3 pointers (probably just cold shooting, will probably heat up later

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ the official trademark of VT athletics
I blame our offensive coordinator Seth Greenberg. Our defensive coordinator Seth Greenberg does such a good job keeping Seth Greenberg's offense in games.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just tuned into the game. Looks like we've picked it up this half.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the game, but it looks like it was a nice balanced effort once the team finally woke up in the 2nd half. Too long a Christmas party last night? That slow start seemed puzzling.

Anyway, the next two game are basically scrimmages. They should be working heavily on the offense to actually get into a flow heading into a rematch against Ok St and then into ACC play. We've got to be able to score inside to go along with our outside shooting.

Based on the games I've seen this year, we definitely need to get better offensively, specifically at manufacturing points with actual plays. Like in years (every year...), its too much of a grind it out and pray it goes in thing going on. Right now, I have us pegged as the 6th best team in the ACC (UNC, Duke, NC St, FSU, UVA). That's not going to cut it come tournament time because I doubt more than 5 teams from the ACC make it.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the game, but it looks like it was a nice balanced effort once the team finally woke up in the 2nd half. Too long a Christmas party last night? That slow start seemed puzzling.

Anyway, the next two game are basically scrimmages. They should be working heavily on the offense to actually get into a flow heading into a rematch against Ok St and then into ACC play. We've got to be able to score inside to go along with our outside shooting.

Based on the games I've seen this year, we definitely need to get better offensively, specifically at manufacturing points with actual plays. Like in years (every year...), its too much of a grind it out and pray it goes in thing going on. Right now, I have us pegged as the 6th best team in the ACC (UNC, Duke, NC St, FSU, UVA). That's not going to cut it come tournament time because I doubt more than 5 teams from the ACC make it.

I was watching, and the second half was phenomenal on both ends. We couldn't miss, and our defense cranked it up. Campbell had a LOT of turnovers in the second half though.

I really didn't think we had that slow of a start. Campbell came out making shots, and we played ok. We went in with the lead at the half and I was happy with that. I guess my only point is that I have seen our team go eight minutes without scoring, and that did not happen at all in the first half.

All I want is consistency out of Eddie! He disappears for a half and then can't miss. I don't know if were not looking for him enough or what, but he played great in the second half (led us in rebounding too).

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weeks like these I really miss having Debnam on the team.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey Racer is the new Paul Debman

White Joey Racer is the new White Ben Boggs.

Paul was the man and was hilarious to see out. The day of the Duke game we saw him at big als drinking

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to become a believer in this team. Our three loses are to teams with a combined total of 2 losses. Cuse looked real good NCState, K-State just knocked off a ranked Bama team. Minnesota is 11-1 and I think has a good chance of having a winning record in the Big10. So those 3 losses may not hurt us at all. On the other hand the ACC is so weak that we probably need to win 10 ACC games. Wins over OkSt and BYU are a must.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Joey Racer is the new White Ben Boggs.

Paul was the man and was hilarious to see out. The day of the Duke game we saw him at big als drinking

I already miss his "we are on a run" holding back the bench antics. The blowup Debnam pics on that Duke gameday were awesome... Barely beating out the worlds most interesting man preferring the Hokies.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is tonight's game on TV? Or a feed? I haven't checked Phreak's twitter yet. Anyone know if this is an ESPN3 deal?

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know the song they play before and during the player introductions?

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome dunk over 14 by Robert Brown

Last edited by a moderator: