• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bolts hots the Flames 4/3/14 @ 7:30

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this was a game that Lindy started and you give bish a rest, BTW yzerman didn't trade Ramo it was Lawton. At the end of the day this was the game in hand, if lindy wins it was as bonus, if not you have atleast rested bish do he can finish dfown the stretch. I do wory as bout bisd becasuse I'm not sure he's expertiernced a workload like this before. I agree cooper need to wake up, I don't mind teddy playing top 6 because outside of kucherov give me player outside of the top 9 who equals teddy's skill. I like brown but a top 6 player worthy of playing with stamkos? No. Cooper has to make some line changes. Perhaps you play palat with stammer? Maybe johnny? I don't know but we need more skill on that top line, perhaps even a promotion of connolly is possible

Yzerman traded ramo to the Habs for Cedric desjardins! I'm guessing Boucher pushed him to make that move as desjardins was bouchers starting goalie while coaching in the ahl. Then feaster being smart had ramo included in the cammy trade to the flames. The issue was ramo wanted to start so he told yzerman I'm going to the khl then yzerman traded his rights. That year we started with mike smith and Dan Ellis before later getting Roloson.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this was a game that Lindy started and you give bish a rest, BTW yzerman didn't trade Ramo it was Lawton. At the end of the day this was the game in hand, if lindy wins it was as bonus, if not you have atleast rested bish do he can finish dfown the stretch. I do wory as bout bisd becasuse I'm not sure he's expertiernced a workload like this before. I agree cooper need to wake up, I don't mind teddy playing top 6 because outside of kucherov give me player outside of the top 9 who equals teddy's skill. I like brown but a top 6 player worthy of playing with stamkos? No. Cooper has to make some line changes. Perhaps you play palat with stammer? Maybe johnny? I don't know but we need more skill on that top line, perhaps even a promotion of connolly is possible

It's unreal stamkos has had Purcell Killorn or brown has his wingers! Callahan Val and palat is are only solid line! Put Johnson as are top line center and put stamkos and kucherov as the wingers. Cooper needs to wake up and adjust this is the nhl not the ahl.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the troubles with the Bolts lie upon the Coach & GM/Management. Hear me out before you roll your eyes please. Look at all the teams that play consistent hockey. Now look at all the teams that consistently get to the playoffs season after season. What do they have in common? Older & more seasoned coaches that don't play buddy buddy with their players. Cooper giggles when an interviewer asks him about hind sight & his decisions. Watch him during the games behind the bench, he comes up behind the players and puts his arms around them, giggles with them, they look to be drinking buddies instead of coach/players work relationship! This doesn't work in parenthood, teaching (as in school education), nor does it work in normal employment situations. His buddy buddy relationship is causing the consistency of work ethics during a game to be sporadic because well he's everyone's bud & there's no harshness shown whatsoever. Not that Tort's way works either because after a while players just tune him out. However, when you don't know what to expect, but you know it may be bad or could be bad then you have the room's/benches attention! An old fashion brow beating goes far especially on a coach's face that shows little emotion. Your teams up, smile than (no need to jump up and down or hugs guys as a coach's perspective). Your team is down, brow beat the guy that made the giveaway or put the other team on a PP. All the players key into this and no ruh roe coach ain't happy. Finally, communication! During his interview after the game against the Flames he answered the question about his decision not to rest Bishop & also added that it wasn't Bishop's fault that they had lost. He is only half correct in that reply. Bishop made to errant passes to the opposing team, both lead to goals 15 seconds apart. Take those 2 goals away and the Bolts would not have needed to pull him for the extra attacker so therefore the empty netter would not have happened, it's a 1-1 game guys. He needs to communicate this with his team. Make them understand that he saw Bishop screw up & get better from it. Not cover it up under the carpet! However, Bishop wasn't the only player that caused the Bolts to lose. Other than the Filpp/Cally/Palat line, no one else came to play. That's why he's half correct. Two young unproven coaches in a row, same outcome - inconsistent play. Look at the Quacks, B's, Sharks, Queens, Wings, Blkhawks & all the other teams consistently in the playoffs season after season. Look at their coaches & than watch their style of coaching. I blame GM/Management for not seeing/realizing this or they do realize but are being to cheap to care. Young, unproven coach gets less pay than a proven one!

Last edited by a moderator:

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A large problem in the U.S.A. is "responsibility". No one takes responsibility anymore & the Bolt's coach doesn't even give it to the player deserving of it. This time, unfortunately, Bishop deserved it or Cooper for not resting him!

Last edited by a moderator:

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the troubles with the Bolts lie upon the Coach & GM/Management. Hear me out before you roll your eyes please. Look at all the teams that play consistent hockey. Now look at all the teams that consistently get to the playoffs season after season. What do they have in common? Older & more seasoned coaches that don't play buddy buddy with their players. Cooper giggles when an interviewer asks him about hind sight & his decisions. Watch him during the games behind the bench, he comes up behind the players and puts his arms around them, giggles with them, they look to be drinking buddies instead of coach/players work relationship! This doesn't work in parenthood, teaching (as in school education), nor does it work in normal employment situations. His buddy buddy relationship is causing the consistency of work ethics during a game to be sporadic because well he's everyone's bud & there's no harshness shown whatsoever. Not that Tort's way works either because after a while players just tune him out. However, when you don't know what to expect, but you know it may be bad or could be bad then you have the room's/benches attention! An old fashion brow beating goes far especially on a coach's face that shows little emotion. Your teams up, smile than (no need to jump up and down or hugs guys as a coach's perspective). Your team is down, brow beat the guy that made the giveaway or put the other team on a PP. All the players key into this and no ruh roe coach ain't happy. Finally, communication! During his interview after the game against the Flames he answered the question about his decision not to rest Bishop & also added that it wasn't Bishop's fault that they had lost. He is only half correct in that reply. Bishop made to errant passes to the opposing team, both lead to goals 15 seconds apart. Take those 2 goals away and the Bolts would not have needed to pull him for the extra attacker so therefore the empty netter would not have happened, it's a 1-1 game guys. He needs to communicate this with his team. Make them understand that he saw Bishop screw up & get better from it. Not cover it up under the carpet! However, Bishop wasn't the only player that caused the Bolts to lose. Other than the Filpp/Cally/Palat line, no one else came to play. That's why he's half correct. Two young unproven coaches in a row, same outcome - inconsistent play. Look at the Quacks, B's, Sharks, Queens, Wings, Blkhawks & all the other teams consistently in the playoffs season after season. Look at their coaches & than watch their style of coaching. I blame GM/Management for not seeing/realizing this or they do realize but are being to cheap to care. Young, unproven coach gets less pay than a proven one!
I can't blame cooper yet in his first season he got this team in the playoffs. I see your point when times are tough and not going well cooper lol and moves on. I agree I'm not saying be a butt hole but some toughness needs to come out from cooper. We had guy Boucher his defense in his systems sucked! Jon cooper systems seem to work. I also have to disagree are owner mr vinik is not cheap it's on yzerman! If yzerman wanted Lindy ruff he would be here. But yzerman wanted Jon cooper why ? My guess is yzerman can control cooper more then a vet coach like ruff! Stevie wants total control picking coaches players etc..

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yzerman traded ramo to the Habs for Cedric desjardins! I'm guessing Boucher pushed him to make that move as desjardins was bouchers starting goalie while coaching in the ahl. Then feaster being smart had ramo included in the cammy trade to the flames. The issue was ramo wanted to start so he told yzerman I'm going to the khl then yzerman traded his rights. That year we started with mike smith and Dan Ellis before later getting Roloson.

Can't remember that??

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unreal stamkos has had Purcell Killorn or brown has his wingers! Callahan Val and palat is are only solid line! Put Johnson as are top line center and put stamkos and kucherov as the wingers. Cooper needs to wake up and adjust this is the nhl not the ahl.

I think stammer should center johnny and teddy, keep the 2nd line the same and have killer centering brown and kuch

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Todd that it's probably not JV that's cheap but rather SY. What irked me about SY when he was hired is that he stated that he had the all too much used jargon of "5 year plan". If we all had the qualifications to be the one under the owner who calls the shots that directly affect the owner's profit & there was a corporation that called one of us for an interview & we told the owner we had a "5 year plan" to turn around the corporation would you get a second interview or a call back? No, corporate or business America wants results now. The NHL, MLB, NFL, NBA, etc. is all businesses. However, they know in sports & entertainment that change does take a while unlike corporate America. All sport teams hear this "5 year plan" from new GM's, coordinators, etc. all the time. So, what is a "5 year plan"? For the GM it's job stability for the next 5 years with a phat paycheck. The term is used to buy time because they kind of know what they want to do & they are hoping that it works! SY is being cheap on coaches because if it works JV will have increased profits. Increased profits mean a larger cut, percentage or bonus. I know this about corporate America firsthand. And if he's successful he probably has a "5 year plan" that picks up upon the success of this "5 year plan"!
Now if he fails, he has had job stability at this position for 5 years & can go anywhere with another "5 year plan" & of course he'd blame the failure on something else in the organization because we all know that there are very few in the U.S.A. that take "responsibility" for their actions.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Todd that it's probably not JV that's cheap but rather SY. What irked me about SY when he was hired is that he stated that he had the all too much used jargon of "5 year plan". If we all had the qualifications to be the one under the owner who calls the shots that directly affect the owner's profit & there was a corporation that called one of us for an interview & we told the owner we had a "5 year plan" to turn around the corporation would you get a second interview or a call back? No, corporate or business America wants results now. The NHL, MLB, NFL, NBA, etc. is all businesses. However, they know in sports & entertainment that change does take a while unlike corporate America. All sport teams hear this "5 year plan" from new GM's, coordinators, etc. all the time. So, what is a "5 year plan"? For the GM it's job stability for the next 5 years with a phat paycheck. The term is used to buy time because they kind of know what they want to do & they are hoping that it works! SY is being cheap on coaches because if it works JV will have increased profits. Increased profits mean a larger cut, percentage or bonus. I know this about corporate America firsthand. And if he's successful he probably has a "5 year plan" that picks up upon the success of this "5 year plan"!
Now if he fails, he has had job stability at this position for 5 years & can go anywhere with another "5 year plan" & of course he'd blame the failure on something else in the organization because we all know that there are very few in the U.S.A. that take "responsibility" for their actions.
ya I hate the idea of gms using the 5 year plan statement! I think it's bs and they are just buying time for there jobs. Ask the oilers how there 7 year plan is working ? It's failing really badly! The truth is there is no proven plan 1 year or 5 years! If there was every team would try to do it! Let's be honest did yzerman think a 7th round pick palat! And a I drafted FA Tyler Johnson would be this good ? Did we think bishop would be this good ? Things just fell into place for yzerman! For every gm you have to have that luck! Yzerman bombed out on lindback and hit the lottery on bishop. A real gm should say I don't know how long the plan will be! Because the fact is you really don't know! Yzerman almost went to the Stanley cup finals in his first season. Also guys I'm on the smart phone as well sorry if I screwed up some words.