• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bold home run derby prediction

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harper getting Pitches way before all lands. Hometown cheating

Harper wins*
That happened for not just Harper it seemed. I want to see it without that rule.

Plus a lot of those homers looked further than the 440 feet required for the extra 30 seconds. I don’t like that new rule either due to different ballparks playing different for lefties vs righties. If this was in Yankee Stadium you could hit it deep into the third deck as a lefty and not get 440 feet on it.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Schwarber. Cool they let harper’s dad just straight break the rules by continually pitching while the previous ball was still in flight.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I saw was some really terrible pitching.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nationals Park is such a forgettable "meh" stadium.
It is not a dump, but there is just nothing whatsoever noteworthy or memorable about it.
That backdrop of cranes and half-finished buildings makes it look even worse for this HR derby.
Took a baseball trip to the DC area a while back and we actually enjoyed Nats Park more than Camden.
We had high hopes for Boog's BBQ and were disappointed...the food we got at Nats was better. Liked the sightlines at DC more and had more fun wandering around the park than in Camden. One of the little bars in DC had shots and we indulged in a few.
It was just one trip and one day at each park, but Nats didn't disappoint for us...now, the area around Camden was MUCH better than the park in DC, no question. It was a desert in DC.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Schwarber. Cool they let harper’s dad just straight break the rules by continually pitching while the previous ball was still in flight.

But his dad did have a pretty cool cheering jersey on