• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boise Haters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anyone else feels like Boise has pretty much proved they can stand toe to toe (maybe not on a weekly basis, but not the point) with as good competition a school so small can face, yet the one game where they play a team better than them all the hate will rain. Not so much like Nevada, but a bigger school. It seems like every time there is a big game wih Boise everyone forgets what they have done and go straight into hate mode. I use to be one of those people, but it grows old. And if the hard core haters want to keep hating, complain to the PAC-12 for not throwing them a bone. At least say, well if you did criteria a, b, and c we would give you an invite. Just saying.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not hating. They are a good team, but they beat a UGA team that was 6-7 last year, not a lot to brag about there.

It's still doesn't seem fair that a team that only plays one real game a season gets BCS hype.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agreed, Georgia isn't the best team in the country. My point is though, so many people talk about size and too small yet look what happened. It seems like we go through this every year. I still blame the PAC-12, but they don't bring in a huge market I guess. Still is reddiculous to add Colorado and not Boise from an on the field standpoint.

Mr Cane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not hating. They are a good team, but they beat a UGA team that was 6-7 last year, not a lot to brag about there.

It's still doesn't seem fair that a team that only plays one real game a season gets BCS hype.

+1000000000000

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else feels like Boise has pretty much proved they can stand toe to toe (maybe not on a weekly basis, but not the point) with as good competition a school so small can face, yet the one game where they play a team better than them all the hate will rain. Not so much like Nevada, but a bigger school. It seems like every time there is a big game wih Boise everyone forgets what they have done and go straight into hate mode. I use to be one of those people, but it grows old. And if the hard core haters want to keep hating, complain to the PAC-12 for not throwing them a bone. At least say, well if you did criteria a, b, and c we would give you an invite. Just saying.
I'm not a Boise hater, I just think it's too easy to go undefeated with their schedule. Everyone else has 4-5 tough games on the schedule that they could lose, and Boise has one (maybe... there's a chance neither Georgia or TCU end up ranked).

They'll never get an invite from the Pac-12 because they don't have the enrollment, the endowment, the academic quality, the television market, or other competitive sports.

What Boise should do is go Independent in football, stop playing so many WAC and MWC teams, and schedule 5-6 BCS conference opponents (including at least 3 or 4 ranked teams).

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, Georgia isn't the best team in the country. My point is though, so many people talk about size and too small yet look what happened. It seems like we go through this every year. I still blame the PAC-12, but they don't bring in a huge market I guess. Still is reddiculous to add Colorado and not Boise from an on the field standpoint.

It has nothing to do with football. Colorado's academics, enrollment, and other athletics programs are light years beyond BSU's.

People make a mistake when they assume that conference expansion is all about what will make for the best football games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Apparently all of our dislike for Boise roots from the same issue, which is they don't play enough quality opponents.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently all of our dislike for Boise roots from the same issue, which is they don't play enough quality opponents.
Yes, that's at the root of the dislike for Boise's football program.

The reasons why they won't get a major conference invitation go beyond that.

Mr Cane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Exactly!

Then at the end of the year they act like they deserve to be in the championship game.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

then these so called quality teams need to play us

we have an open slot on the 29th next year

so does Alabama, LSU(if they're willing to drop Towson), Oregon(if they're willing to drop Montana State), Oklahoma, Wisconsin(if they're willing to part with one of the games against the many scrubs they play).

maybe we could get a game against one of these teams???

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the OP is a vandull........

just sayin

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the first 'big game' I've ever wanted Boise to win :D

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then these so called quality teams need to play us

we have an open slot on the 29th next year

so does Alabama, LSU(if they're willing to drop Towson), Oregon(if they're willing to drop Montana State), Oklahoma, Wisconsin(if they're willing to part with one of the games against the many scrubs they play).

maybe we could get a game against one of these teams???

We play Nebraska in Lincoln that day.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im done hating on Boise. They prove me wrong time after time. Does it suck that they dont play a better schedule?? Yep, but to be fair Boise has a program to run and pay for as well so its not like they can go play 4 road games OOC against good competition and still pay for their program and most schools arent willing to do a home and home with Boise since the risk/reward is so skewed. Boise is going to have to settle for home and homes with middle tier teams like Mississippi or Michigan State or neutral site games. It sucks that their schedule is abd but until some of the big boys agree to home and homes or pay Boise some extra money then I wouldnt schedule them either if I were the Broncos. 1 million for a road game after paying for travel, food, less of the TV money and gate and no concessions?? Not really that much compared to a home game even if it is only 33500 people.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think they make more than $1 million per home game (after variable operating costs)? I'm not so sure.

Regardless, there's a benefit to the program that has economic consequences down the road, so I think they need to suck it up and take the show on the road until they have a real stadium that it makes sense for major powers to visit.

Santana8907

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Im done hating on Boise. They prove me wrong time after time. Does it suck that they dont play a better schedule?? Yep, but to be fair Boise has a program to run and pay for as well so its not like they can go play 4 road games OOC against good competition and still pay for their program and most schools arent willing to do a home and home with Boise since the risk/reward is so skewed. Boise is going to have to settle for home and homes with middle tier teams like Mississippi or Michigan State or neutral site games. It sucks that their schedule is abd but until some of the big boys agree to home and homes or pay Boise some extra money then I wouldnt schedule them either if I were the Broncos. 1 million for a road game after paying for travel, food, less of the TV money and gate and no concessions?? Not really that much compared to a home game even if it is only 33500 people.

TCU has a home and home with LSU in 2013/2014 and a game with Oklahoma in 2012.

Then again, TCU is in Dallas, and Boise is in Boise.

Boise wouldn't bother as many fans if people (non Boise fans) would stop trying to shove them down our throats everytime they beat these mid-tier teams. They're quickly becoming the Tebow of college football teams.

Last edited by a moderator: