• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bogut and Barnes to dallas

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say we improved, I said we did enough to stay better than the Lakers.

Unless the Lakers youngsters improve dramatically over last year, which is possible, the Mavs are the better team right now. With their lineup, if Dirk's age doesn't catch up to him all at once, they will likely be battling for the 7 or 8 spot in the West. For the Lakers, getting to 30-35 wins is likely the ceiling given their youth.

However, at this point, the Lakers look to have the better future.

End of the day, it doesn't really matter which team is better right now, since neither is sniffing anything close to a title.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the Mavs signed Seth Curry... they are one Jason Thompson and one Gerald Green away from throwing a starting lineup of...

Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Green, Bogut

No kidding, I swear at some point Cuban has said (and maybe half joking but half serious) "getting Seth gives us a shot at Steph when he comes free". :L

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest, the Mavs and the Lakers both suck and won't be competing for anything anytime soon.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the Lakers youngsters improve dramatically over last year, which is possible, the Mavs are the better team right now. With their lineup, if Dirk's age doesn't catch up to him all at once, they will likely be battling for the 7 or 8 spot in the West. For the Lakers, getting to 30-35 wins is likely the ceiling given their youth.

However, at this point, the Lakers look to have the better future.

End of the day, it doesn't really matter which team is better right now, since neither is sniffing anything close to a title.

Completely agree. I just didn't understand the laughing with no other substance.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that, and makes sense. Dirk certainly had an understanding with Cuban that if they got two max players in here that Dirk wanted then he would take what was left to make it all work. But if they struck out and there was money on the table he was taking the max money he can. His deal is probably like his last, a 1 year max deal with a second year player option for very little.

I'm 100% ok with this. After we struck out on the big fish, I would have been ok with him going to GS or CLE as well.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest, the Mavs and the Lakers both suck and won't be competing for anything anytime soon.

As long as we are all being honest, let's also agree +Pau and -Timmy isn't the recipe that gets SA over the hump either.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has recovered fairly well.

They're essentially the same team they were last season. They're still a lower seed, but they'll have a ton of money next summer.

It's just a matter of time before Cuban lands a big fish in FA. He's too good of an owner, in a great city.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're essentially the same team they were last season. They're still a lower seed, but they'll have a ton of money next summer.

It's just a matter of time before Cuban lands a big fish in FA. He's too good of an owner, in a great city.

I actually think they're better.

Barnes/Bogut > Parsons/Zaza.... imo.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Won't happen until the salary cap explosions stop. Everyone has tons of room like this year.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Free agents for some reason have no interest in going to Dallas, not sure if Cuban is all that great of an owner.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think they're better.

Barnes/Bogut > Parsons/Zaza.... imo.

Hopefully Wes is better healed as well, and DWill doesn't regress.

However, GS just got KD. Doesnt' matter what everyone else does unless chemistry doesn't mix. And I think Steph gets along with everyone so that shouldn't be an issue.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agents for some reason have no interest in going to Dallas, not sure if Cuban is all that great of an owner.

Players LOVE Cuban. He spends on them, they have arguably some of the best facilities in the league. He's not afraid to stand up for his players or the commish. He cares about the fan experience as well.

He may need to hire better people that pitch these FAs......but he's built a champion before. There's no doubt he's a great owner.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players LOVE Cuban. He spends on them, they have arguably some of the best facilities in the league. He's not afraid to stand up for his players or the commish. He cares about the fan experience as well.

He may need to hire better people that pitch these FAs......but he's built a champion before. There's no doubt he's a great owner.

He needs a Dallas player that gets top sponsorship money. Dallas can't talk about pairing with the top young talent or the offcourt money to be made here. We do have one of the better coaches in the league, but the top FA want to win and want to make as much money as possible. Dallas can't do either right now. We need someone that is an advertising whore, Dirk never was so has yet to prove you can get the shoe and advertising dollars in Dallas.