• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bob to CBJ

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a 2nd and 4th this year, and a 4th next year.

Pretty good return I think. Gotta believe that 2nd gets traded real quick though, homer hates those haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap2:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes i like that trade i didnt think we would get that much for him.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Too bad Flyers didn't do this last year, and got what Wash got for Varlamov, but this ain't bad I guess, and that 1.75 mill helps the cap. I really hope Shelly is a ufa to.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad Flyers didn't do this last year, and got what Wash got for Varlamov, but this ain't bad I guess, and that 1.75 mill helps the cap. I really hope Shelly is a ufa to.

I was thinking Homer mightve threw shelly in that trade like buy one get one free

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good move for both teams and its a deep draft plus gives Homer more bargaining chips over the weekend. In reality Bob was free so Homer turned air into picks...can't go wrong with that.

Bob wish you the best!!!!!!!!!

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a backup goalie now

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan more because I think B ob would have had more value in a package. I guess we owed CBJ one for raping them over Carter last year.

I gotta think the Homer is working on something else now though, and it's prob big since he doesn't really do subtle well. I'm just worried what parts get moved and how much cap we're taking gaining.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan more because I think B ob would have had more value in a package. I guess we owed CBJ one for raping them over Carter last year.

I gotta think the Homer is working on something else now though, and it's prob big since he doesn't really do subtle well. I'm just worried what parts get moved and how much cap we're taking gaining.

How are we on the contract limit? Because a move like this you only do for one of three reasons:

1. To clear out a contract.
2. To improve the team directly (AKA we think the 3 picks will turn out better than Bob would have)
3. To free up cap space.

Which of the three was it? (And sorry for the John Madden-esque description of how trades work).

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are we on the contract limit? Because a move like this you only do for one of three reasons:

1. To clear out a contract.
2. To improve the team directly (AKA we think the 3 picks will turn out better than Bob would have)
3. To free up cap space.

Which of the three was it? (And sorry for the John Madden-esque description of how trades work).

I believe we were at like 43-44ish.

I think it's option 4 all of the above, because to make any move we need cap space and the move would be made to improve the team. I'm not 100% how many FLyerr draftees from this coming year or previous need contracts so needing a contract spot could also make sense if the FLyers feel they are going to invest in rebiulding the farm system.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure on the number, but they're in pretty good shape contracts wise.. quite a few RFA's and UFA's too.. plus lappy and betts being up, the bob trade..

pretty good shape..

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a 2nd and 4th this year, and a 4th next year.

Pretty good return I think. Gotta believe that 2nd gets traded real quick though, homer hates those haha.

Ummm this was another stupid trade, in a weak draft class this i s considered suicide, Homer must be getting better dope than me somewhere..

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well looks like I'm in the minority on all these STUPID trades and drafts this year.. Like I said before, Bob's trade looks good on paper, but in a weak draft class it isn't shit.. Oh well I know I'm not wrong, I've been watching this same stupid song and dance for years with our GM's, when we get to the point of missing just 1 or 2 pieces they always go the wrong direction to fix it. Now were stuck with an aging back up goalie, and no decent back up.. I think Bob could have been good here given a chance, he showed good flashes as a rookie,but when you never get consistancy in playing time it's hard to develop. Oh well I guess next year we'll be doing the same thing after round 1 or 2 again, welcome to the Never Ending Story..

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well looks like I'm in the minority on all these STUPID trades and drafts this year.. Like I said before, Bob's trade looks good on paper, but in a weak draft class it isn't shit.. Oh well I know I'm not wrong, I've been watching this same stupid song and dance for years with our GM's, when we get to the point of missing just 1 or 2 pieces they always go the wrong direction to fix it. Now were stuck with an aging back up goalie, and no decent back up.. I think Bob could have been good here given a chance, he showed good flashes as a rookie,but when you never get consistancy in playing time it's hard to develop. Oh well I guess next year we'll be doing the same thing after round 1 or 2 again, welcome to the Never Ending Story..

bob wasn't gunna get a shot behind bryz.. the flyers are going to sink or swim with bryz for the next 3 or 4 years.. they dont have any other choice really

the return for bob is solid.. he had a horrible year

you're pretty sour today my friend :(

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Mike is OTR. lol

Good return. Adios Bob.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The downsides of the Bob trade: the Flyers need to find a legit NHL backup who is settled and secure in being an NHL backup. That is the only downside to the actual trade.

Now, as for the picks and the draft....that is another issue. Getting a 2 and two 4's for Bob is a steal. The depth of the draft is most often judged on the forwards, and this year was not a good year for top line forwards. That said, you can still get quality organizational depth in a draft if you have the scouts. Did the Flyers do that? That remains to be seen.